HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:22 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
If the new Q is faster than my slightly modded C I'll be happy. I have my EDF's for speed runs.
Here it is at SEFF this past weekend.

Parkzone Stryker F-27Q at SEFF 2011.mpg (1 min 10 sec)
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:43 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,870 Posts
markarch, Yaniel,

You two are not the only folks with those views......I do not share your views.

You are among the lucky folks. You should be happy.

I definitely do wish the new F-27Q well, it is here to stay.

This thread has gone too far to even think about ending it or having it merge with F-27C thread at this point.

_________

CJ,

What I found even worse on the F-27 were the servos and the weak clevises/pushrods.

Ever seen the plastic nipple on the 1 cent stock Clevis break on your Stryker and again on your friends' Strykers and just watch otherwise perfectly good planes go down?
(Those were not the high powered Strykers, we run 2-56 rods on them)

At least with a broken motor mount you can still guide and land the plane....or tape a motor down with 3M Extreme tape to have one last flight in the day (ask me how I know )
Attached pic was from my last Stryker flight in California with my buddies before I moved to East Coast. Nothing was going to stop me from one more flight….I propped it up to 1000W range on 3S.

Moonbeam,

Thanks for posting the video....the new bird looks pretty quick.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Last edited by GryphonRCU; Apr 19, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:05 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
639 Posts
That is a nice video of the plane. I can't wait to get one!!!!
markarch is offline Find More Posts by markarch
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:59 PM
"Where are the shovels?"
Joined Apr 2010
818 Posts
Honestly, it looks like Hell, IMO. All of the sports character from the original is totally gone. The canopy and nose sections are the worst, with the 1970s Cessna paint job not helping.

With that said, it is certainty superior engineering wise.

I won't be buying one.
wise guy is offline Find More Posts by wise guy
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:02 PM
"Where are the shovels?"
Joined Apr 2010
818 Posts
BTW, this is a completely different airframe than the three previous Strykers. Numbers and techniques will be different. New thread is ideal and should stay.
wise guy is offline Find More Posts by wise guy
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:27 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
I for 1 love it and think it'll be better than A, B, and C when it's all said and done. I'll still keep my C and fly the crap out of it. I'll just keep it for speed runs.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:48 AM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,156 Posts
This is also from SEFF. Nice meeting you there moonbeam!

Upload failed. Round 3 coming up. It has been uploading for 4 hours and is only at 40%.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Last edited by skyjet; Apr 20, 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: upload failed
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:06 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,157 Posts
Rimripper,
You were entirely correct in ripping me a new one. In the future I will try to stick to 100% accurate posts. In my defense though I was referring to the ESC not the plane itself and that may have been based on the fact that the recommended setup for the FunJet Ultra uses a much bigger ESC for 3s. Either way you are correct and I was wrong.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:02 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
Here it is at SEFF this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9fhHrM35k
Wow, those look really good!

I'm really happy Parkzone keeps improving what is a great airframe, but I don't really like that it keeps increasing in price...

No big deal though, I'll likely only be buying the bodies anyways and putting my own electronics in it. Parkzone may have world-class customer service, but most of the electronics can be replaced with higher quality hobbypartz/hobbyking at half the price. (Sorry HH! Love you guys, but it's true! )
ODUsurfer is offline Find More Posts by ODUsurfer
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:19 PM
warranty expired
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUsurfer View Post
Wow, those look really good!

I'm really happy Parkzone keeps improving what is a great airframe, but I don't really like that it keeps increasing in price...

No big deal though, I'll likely only be buying the bodies anyways and putting my own electronics in it. Parkzone may have world-class customer service, but most of the electronics can be replaced with higher quality hobbypartz/hobbyking at half the price. (Sorry HH! Love you guys, but it's true! )
That eflite pro brushless 30 amp esc with switchmode BEC that came with the F27C and T-28 is bombproof. Must be made from plutonium. That thing is the terminator in my planes.
NOTAR 600 is online now Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:56 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,157 Posts
I have nothing but respect for the Darkside Stryker guys. The mods, tests, and upgrades you guys have done are an inspiration to me and Im sure many others. Most of what I know or at least think I know about Strykers comes from reading Darkside posts over the past few years. That is where I got the Idea to build my 2 current F-27C's from scratch. I can't wait to see what you all do to the F-27Q when it becomes available.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:01 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,400 Posts
just got back from flying my c with a new motor,a mega 16/25/3.checked out at over 1000 watts.gonna be fun finding ways to get the new q to these kind of power levels and more.will be nice when these are out,just waiting
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:19 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,870 Posts
oly_rcer,

MEGA 16/25/3 1700KV in a Stryker is good for 3S to 6S.
In a FunJet it can take an extra cell, but 7S would be running too small a prop for a Stryker .

I hope it is the 16/25/3C versus 16/25/3 due to shaft size.
C means COMBAT shaft, which is really a 5mm shaft and larger bearing as compared to 3.2mm…otherwise same identical performance.

In a F-27C running 6S, to avoid the prop becoming too small, consider staying above 55A...preferably closer to low 60A range for high side. Hopefully you elect to run above 5.5" diameter prop (6.5" diameter APC Pylon prop with medium pitch depending on your AMP draw will be near high side…jaw dropping climbing ability)

That is with a full size MPI heat sink, and some throttle management.

Guys have run your motor in the 1200-1400W range in Strykers for last several years.....Grenade proof/proven setup.

Allows for option of running two identical 3S packs in series (6S) in the carved out battery bay.

**** I Don't know what kind of cooling airflow to motor we should expect in the new bird.

There is going to be a learning curve for everyone!!!

Have fun

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:17 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,156 Posts
Finally!!! Enjoy!!!

SEFF 2011 Stryker F-27Q Qui Que Sominzini (9 min 25 sec)
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:02 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,649 Posts
Excellent video. The differences are clear to me now.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member