SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:48 PM
Registered Offender
gatorb8's Avatar
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Hey Stryker fans!

It was hot and windy here in AZ yesterday. We did some full throttle downwind passes and I got my Stryker up to 131 mph. The 4cell 2200 40c battery, stock prop, and Hacker 55 amp speed control helped me cook my motor though... Ughhh.

So, what motor fit for a 4 cell battery will attach to the stock mount??? I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

-Buzzed

P.S. I have a lead thumb!

I'm sure I'm not to far behind you.....
gatorb8 is offline Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gatorb8; Jul 05, 2011 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:28 PM
Registered User
alucard0822's Avatar
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihama View Post
anyone arround with this servo problem?
you guys think that could be the end of the servo and needs to replace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVYRJAEpjEk
Happens on occasion with the EFLR7140 /PKZ DSV130M digital servos, chattering is one of the issues they have. I've had about 3 dozen of them in various BNF models, and have had to swap about half due to failures of one sort or another. They have done everything from fail to center, walk away from center, chatter, strip, the gear shaft pockets wear, inner cases crack, or just flat out fail, all replaced by Hitecs that still run without a single one failing. They hold up OK on the smaller warbirds, but on anything aerobatic where large movements and more stress are involved, they fail early and often. At this point, I figure on replacing them when I am considering most any new aerobatic model, and weigh that into the cost. So far my elevon Stryker Q servos didn'tlast 5 flights before stripping on the right, and failing to center on the left, the rudder servos are still holding up, but for how long, I don't know, hopefully they last, but I'm not counting on it.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:31 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
I flew mine 3x's today. I used a 3s 30c 2200, 3s 40c 2200, and the 4s 35c 1800. Stock motor/prop 60 amp ESC. I cleaned up the the battery bay for better cooling and cut away a little foam so the RX, ESC, and Battery all could move back. While the 3s 30c 2200 was by far the weakest speed wise it was the best for stunts. Making the Q do nice spins, parachute, Flip Flop(Don't know what it's called when you go into the parachute then keep going from upright to inverted, upright, inverted), and inverted parachute were all very, VERY nice. The 4s was of course the fastest. I find though that I like the 3s 30c and 40c 2200's better than the 4s. The C always made me want to go faster. With the Q I really end up doing stunts for the entire flight and I love speed. I'll take a pic of my bay later after Baseball is over.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:52 PM
Registered User
sickwitit's Avatar
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Hey Stryker fans!

It was hot and windy here in AZ yesterday. We did some full throttle downwind passes and I got my Stryker up to 131 mph. The 4cell 2200 40c battery, stock prop, and Hacker 55 amp speed control helped me cook my motor though... Ughhh.

So, what motor fit for a 4 cell battery will attach to the stock mount??? I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

-Buzzed

P.S. I have a lead thumb!
I really don't think this has been discussed yet, and I'm pretty sure nobody has posted anything about installing an aftermarket motor. It's shocking, but I think you are the first person to ask this question. So far everyone on the forum is still running the stock motor.
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:55 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2007
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
Like this type of launch. Will it work as well with little or no wind?

Bob

Yes it will. I've launched it in low or calm winds before with no problems. Just make sure to give it 3/4 throttle.
llcoolg is offline Find More Posts by llcoolg
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:09 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post

I'm sure I'm not to far behind you.....
so what do you think smoked the motor? what was the amp draw you were putting out?
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:16 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Smoked motors???
ok wait a minute... I thought these things handled 4 cells just fine. Mine comes down just as cool as with 3 cells.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:22 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Smoked motors???
ok wait a minute... I thought these things handled 4 cells just fine. Mine comes down just as cool as with 3 cells.
my buddy temp his at aroung 120 ish and it was about 95-98 out. that was on 3s nanotech battery on a 6 min flight.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:31 PM
Registered Offender
gatorb8's Avatar
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
so what do you think smoked the motor? what was the amp draw you were putting out?
I got no data
waiting on replacement props
have and ICE in there so I'll datalog the current, voltage, and rpm

heat is usually the killer, over current or bearings cause it
gatorb8 is offline Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:40 PM
semi skilled noob
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
Like this type of launch. Will it work as well with little or no wind?

Bob
I bent my nose trying to launch with zero throttle on my maiden. I was gutted that I'd spoilt it before getting it in the air. Just been out tonight in no wind at all and launching at 3/4 power and aiming slightly up, about 10 degress above level perhaps, which seems to give me just enough time to get my right hand back onto the stick to correct any roll.

oh, also, i adjust my elevator trim slightly to give a little lift then adjust it back to centre during flight. my stryker seems to want to dive a little at low / mid speeds but climbs by itself at high speeds, not sure if that's normal? so i can do a massive loop at high speed with no stick input, yet when slow for landing i need to pull back ever so slightly to keep her level, ummmmmm.
Chrisfunk is offline Find More Posts by Chrisfunk
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Hey Stryker fans!

It was hot and windy here in AZ yesterday. We did some full throttle downwind passes and I got my Stryker up to 131 mph. The 4cell 2200 40c battery, stock prop, and Hacker 55 amp speed control helped me cook my motor though... Ughhh.

So, what motor fit for a 4 cell battery will attach to the stock mount??? I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

-Buzzed

P.S. I have a lead thumb!

i guess its importand to use the right prop on 4s. i used an cam speed 6x6 and the motor realy gets hott compared to 3s. now i allways change the prop for the different batterys. 3s = 6x6 or 6.5x6.5 4s = 6x5.5
the motor on 4s with 6x5.5 got like no differenz on temperature
Benihama is offline Find More Posts by Benihama
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:56 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfunk View Post
....oh, also, i adjust my elevator trim slightly to give a little lift then adjust it back to centre during flight. my stryker seems to want to dive a little at low / mid speeds but climbs by itself at high speeds, not sure if that's normal? so i can do a massive loop at high speed with no stick input, yet when slow for landing i need to pull back ever so slightly to keep her level, ummmmmm.
Maybe it would be useful to have a throttle/elevator mix. Very slight -- just a few percent. Trim her for level flight at 50% or 75% throttle -- and the mix would help keep her level at WOT with neutral elevator (and help keep the nose up at low throttle for landings).

What do you guys think?
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
Happens on occasion with the EFLR7140 /PKZ DSV130M digital servos, chattering is one of the issues they have. I've had about 3 dozen of them in various BNF models, and have had to swap about half due to failures of one sort or another. They have done everything from fail to center, walk away from center, chatter, strip, the gear shaft pockets wear, inner cases crack, or just flat out fail, all replaced by Hitecs that still run without a single one failing. They hold up OK on the smaller warbirds, but on anything aerobatic where large movements and more stress are involved, they fail early and often. At this point, I figure on replacing them when I am considering most any new aerobatic model, and weigh that into the cost. So far my elevon Stryker Q servos didn'tlast 5 flights before stripping on the right, and failing to center on the left, the rudder servos are still holding up, but for how long, I don't know, hopefully they last, but I'm not counting on it.
hey alucard
wich Hitec Servos would you recommend for the Q? Dang this Stryker got a realy nice concept but at some points the quality isnt that good
Benihama is offline Find More Posts by Benihama
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:02 PM
Registered Offender
gatorb8's Avatar
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
I got no data
waiting on replacement props
have and ICE in there so I'll datalog the current, voltage, and rpm

heat is usually the killer, over current or bearings cause it
I datalogged my bent prop
51.7Amps
14Volts
725 Watts
25015 RPM

6" prop pitch speed = 142 mph

edit: forgot to add, I'm at 9000' elevation, current will probably be higher at lower elevation
gatorb8 is offline Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gatorb8; Jul 05, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:06 PM
Registered User
kissfan's Avatar
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
322 Posts
I think himax may have a motor option that will work.
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Found Parkzone F-27c stryker PNP NIB rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 11, 2010 07:48 AM
Question Please Help! Can I use 14.8V 2200mAH on ParkZone F-27C Stryker? rcwarrior Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Nov 11, 2010 12:13 AM
Discussion Looking for plans for foamy similar to Parkzone F-27c Stryker CX2Mike Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 5 Oct 24, 2010 01:00 PM
For Sale Parkzone F-27c Stryker PNP or BNF beginner4life Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 12, 2010 11:02 AM