SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:02 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
I smell a service bulletin coming soon... It seems like the horn failure issue is a matter of when, not if.
Everyone needs to bomb Parkzone's email about this. Especially those who have had the horn come off in flight. I watched, heard, and felt "Sonofagun's" Q hit the ground yesterday. The plane is trashed because of a design flaw and should be replaced by PZ. Period!
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:28 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
Everyone needs to bomb Parkzone's email ...!
I think that is ridiculous and not very indicative of a good customer. PZ has always taken into consideration their customers comments on this site (RCG) and apparently you have been following this thread, so if you had a failure after you knew to reinforce the backplates and clevises, but still chose to fly without reinforcing those areas... In my opinion I see that as your fault.

Regardless of my opinion, I am sure a simple email or letter explaining what happened would suffice and I would bet from my past experiences that Horizon would make this right. But reading your post, makes it seem to me that you are some type of spammer and troublemaker.

Instead of offering constructive criticism you would rather "bomb their email". I just think you have the wrong mentality and think you can handle it with a little more maturity than by "bombing [their] email".

just my 2 cents, take it for what it is worth...

Bradley B.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:40 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I think that is ridiculous and not very indicative of a good customer. PZ has always taken into consideration their customers comments on this site (RCG) and apparently you have been following this thread, so if you had a failure after you knew to reinforce the backplates and clevises, but still chose to fly without reinforcing those areas... In my opinion I see that as your fault.

Regardless of my opinion, I am sure a simple email or letter explaining what happened would suffice and I would bet from my past experiences that Horizon would make this right. But reading your post, makes it seem to me that you are some type of spammer and troublemaker.

Instead of offering constructive criticism you would rather "bomb their email". I just think you have the wrong mentality and think you can handle it with a little more maturity than by "bombing [their] email".

Bradley B.

Not much.

I hate posts like this. Let the guy rant. He had failures of a product we expect alot more from. His emotions are high. Yours would be too if it happened to you..
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:44 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
if i had a new plane, that hit the deck cause of a design flaw, no matter what is said on rcg, i would be upset too (to say the least)
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:45 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:

Bradley B.

I think what murman simply meant was to send HH an email regarding the issue.
What makes a "good customer?" Its they who fork out their hard earned dollars for a specific good/service, so it is the responsibility of the business to be "good" to the consumer and not the other way around.
And lastly, how is it someone's own fault if their Q crashes and burns due to faulty manufacturer hardware?? Regardless if the individual knew this or not, the manufacturer is still to blame. I say HH owes everyone whose Q's got shot down because of this defect.
noobiznessflying is online now Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:45 PM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,859 Posts
Quote:
so if you had a failure after you knew to reinforce the backplates and clevises, but still chose to fly without reinforcing those areas... In my opinion I see that as your fault.

Regardless of my opinion, I am sure a simple email or letter explaining what happened would suffice and I would bet from my past experiences that Horizon would make this right.

Bradley B.
Not with ya totally there, I yanked the heck out of my AIL horns and clevises and they passed my test, based on that I think they would hold. But then there are what seems like too many failures out there. I did reinforce them cause I'm paranoid. To tell someone that they didn't improve a plane with known failures lets HH off the hook. They do need to know and they do need to improve things or their "brand" will be diluted. I personnally will not buy another parkzone after the Radian Pro and the Stryker..........just don't seem to get it right out of the chute.

I do agree that Horizon is very good at making things right but I don't want to be their beta pilot. that's just me, no right or wrong here
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:27 PM
Joined Jun 2007
57 Posts
anyone have a good setup for the hitech a9
peeworm is online now Find More Posts by peeworm
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:38 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,312 Posts
Almost a disaster

Went to have 10th flight on the Q tonight, and before launching I did the control test as per usual and all sounded well.

Went to hand launch and powered up and heard this clicking noise so I powered down. Spooled it up again and again a weird clicking noise - sounded like motor had shot out a tiny pebble or something. So spooled down, then back up and it sounded fine. Went to hand launch and it went funky and I had to belly land in the dirt.

Go to pick it up and the (from rear of plane) left control rod clevis had come loose.
So I guess the clicking noise was the clevis coming loose off it's splines. So I narrrowly avoided disaster. Also its a good thing I bought a spare prop as this one is now screwed.

No more screwing around

I'll use du bro backing plates to secure to existing elevon horns, adjust the control rods further down the horn (for more travel) and use glue to secure threaded rod to clevises ON ALL control surfaces

Would epoxy be a strong enough glue for the clevis to threaded rod control rod?

I think I'll leave on stock elevon horns and just add the backing plates with screws that came with my Du Bro park flyer horns

My horns are on the Elevons good and tight (BUT I don't wish to take anymore chances after tonight and reading what others in here have been through)

FRACK That!!!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:44 PM
Advocating for RC Aviation
USA, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Jul 2010
1,390 Posts
My right elevon control rod came off the clevis when I was setting control throws on the bench. Put it back with 5-min epoxy. Sounds like I had better do that on the left side too! Thanks for sharing. Dana
danamania is offline Find More Posts by danamania
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:46 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,095 Posts
Quote:

Bradley B.
I'm with "FlyHighSelllo" on this one...I disagree with you totally. "Constructive Criticism" isn't going to repair the damages to all the planes that will ultimately be trashed because Parkzone chose to skimp on the elevon horns for one reason or another. If everyone "bombs" Parkzone about this issue then hopefully they will realize there is a major problem with their product and take immediate steps to correct it. Did you ever hear "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"?

As far as "following this thread" goes, your mentality is saying that because I made a post here back in April, before the plane was even available, then it's my responsibility to follow it so I can check for flaws in the design? What about all those poor souls who aren't on RCG and will purchase this plane expecting it to be designed correctly?
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:05 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
800 Posts
Thanks everyone for the responses to my CA question!!

Mike
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:55 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcoolg View Post
Here's the easiest and safest way to hand launch it. I gave it about 3/4 throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSlnlK8V5U
tried this method twice today, works like a charm! thanks!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:35 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Mar 2008
173 Posts
Easy launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
tried this method twice today, works like a charm! thanks!
Also tried this today and worked great. Just let it fly out of my hand.... Thanks!
AeroControl is offline Find More Posts by AeroControl
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:59 PM
Joined Nov 2005
55 Posts
Works great for me to.
crusader4u is offline Find More Posts by crusader4u
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:12 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,312 Posts
Fixed