SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2011, 04:36 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,928 Posts
Power-on Launch Protection

At 60% throttle, with an easy toss and maybe a bit of elevator, the Q just flies out of your hand.

If you're nervous about the prop, try something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Microplane-340...9724688&sr=8-1

I got one for my wife after she sliced herself on a kitchen mandoline. When I remembered that we had it in a drawer, I took it to the field and found that it gives an extra measure of power-on launch safety, and yet doesn't interfere with working the sticks.

I have no problem launching without the glove, but when I do wear it I have one less thing to worry about....

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2011, 04:36 PM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshbloke View Post
I did some testing with the stock ESC from the F27Q in my F27C setup and I got 12a less with it when keeping everything else identical.

So the issue is definitely with my ESC.

I thought this ESC has self-calibrating endpoints - I cannot see how to manually calibrate it with my TX (DX6i)

Anyone have any ideas or is my ESC a dud?
Mate I'd say your esc is a dud!

I had the same with mine.... Only get about 1/4 throttle sometimes. Or nothing at all!

My esc gone back to LHS.

Installed 60 amp trungy plush... All good again.

Regs chris
Claydoc is offline Find More Posts by Claydoc
Old Jul 03, 2011, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claydoc View Post
Mate I'd say your esc is a dud!

I had the same with mine.... Only get about 1/4 throttle sometimes. Or nothing at all!

My esc gone back to LHS.

Installed 60 amp trungy plush... All good again.

Regs chris
Ok. Cheers. Will call HH on Tuesday.
welshbloke is offline Find More Posts by welshbloke
Old Jul 03, 2011, 05:37 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Mine Lost bind today for some reason - must have hit bind switch by accident yesterday on dx6i

Rebound today and she flew great

Had her up in the air with a Bunch of nitros at club field

I needed a spotter as she covers ground fast lol
Thats odd too loose bind!! As long as its not in flight!!

Well i got mine re soldered!! Sure helped with the tip screwed in tightly!!
Mine is a 50A iron/station and it has heated up the XT60 enough before too fuse the 2 connectors together!! lol So heat is not a issue,Unless i forget too tighten in the Tip!

I also just finished re-gluing the Ail Horns in. I forgot too pick up some horns with backplates when i was buying the Q.
Its crazy how lightly the glue was in there. What ever it was!! Its $H*t.
I used GG in the cut outs and CA on the horns. Stuck it in there and its not going anywhere now!! Id say the AIl well rip off before they do...Hopefully lol...
At our Club you need a spotter too fly period!!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2011, 07:15 PM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
On dx6 move stick to adj other side?? That wasn't gators...yet!
yet! so true.................

banged my prop up to the point thrust was nodda
couple of toss-crashes before I realized it

that prop adapter and prop is wierd! must be propritary so only PZ stuff fits
what's up with that????
this thing weighs a ton! my funjet feels like a feather compared
maybe it's time to add rudders to the FJ.........
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:01 PM
Yen
Orlando, FL
Joined Aug 2004
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr View Post
Well I just got my F27Q PNP and after hooking it up to my AR600 one of the elevons doesn't move! Swapped connections w/ the one that works to make sure it wasn't a connection issue and still no movement so looks like I have a dead servo. That SUCKS! Was planning on flying this this weekend due to higher winds that my other planes can handle but GROUNDED!

So wondering if perhaps there's a servo extension that's loose but before I pull the nice blue tape off the bottom of the wing to explore I thought I'd ask cause if there's no extension then it's definately a bad servo & I'll have to call HH for a replacement.

Not sure if answered yet but there's no extension. It's one long servo wire
Yen is offline Find More Posts by Yen
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:27 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
337 Posts
Just got back in with my Q from the field . rcspeedo says 109.8 with NO dive running a 6x5.5 a Don's 60 amp esc, and a Hyperion 35c 2200 4c. Not bad, but I would like to see at least 120mph or so without a dive, Any suggestions on props to get the speed up??
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Jul 03, 2011, 10:38 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
went to fly my 2nd flight tonight, its been sunny and totally calm all day. right when I hop in the car to go about 5 miles down the road, I see a dark cloud where I am headed and it appeared to have heavy rain coming out of it. sun was all around this cloud. it looked to be right where i was going. I get to my spot, still calm. i start to get my plane ready, do a few adjustments, and suddenly the wind picks up big time and get really gusty. I couldnt believe it. a few seconds later, I feel some drops. 5 minutes later, TORENTIAL downpour! rains about 10 minutes and stops. calm out again. but now the ground is soaked bad, almost dark out. couldnt believe it. tomorrow morning is looking promising though.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 03, 2011, 10:46 PM
TEAM EXTREME / HORIZON HOBBY
United States, NJ, Tuckerton
Joined Oct 2006
618 Posts
Here's a very easy launch method for those of you that may be having some problems launching over hand from the grips on the bottom of the plane. Just hold the middle of the leading edge of the right wing, throttle up to 60% or more power and give it a light toss directly forward away from yourself. It will fly out of your hand straight and level, very easy and no risk of prop vs. arm or hand. I'll get some video and post it tomorrow.

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old Jul 03, 2011, 10:48 PM
Joined May 2011
17 Posts
Highly recommend replacing the hardware: for all the "improvements " they still use cheap tiny hardware. 5 flights in my ailivator thread stripped out of the cheap little clevis. The plane was far away and moving fast when it happened. the resultant crash totaled the body. For a paltry $87 plus 15 $ oversize box charge I can get a new one sans vertical stabs and "landing" wheel. I'll pass and this will be my last stryker but if you think this is a good deal don't be impressed by the stiffened pushrods and laminated foam-it does no good when the cheapest weakest link fails.
greekmath is offline Find More Posts by greekmath
Old Jul 03, 2011, 11:01 PM
Joined May 2007
30 Posts
Here's the easiest and safest way to hand launch it. I gave it about 3/4 throttle.

Parkzone Stryker F-27Q Easy Hand Launch (5 min 6 sec)
llcoolg is offline Find More Posts by llcoolg
Old Jul 03, 2011, 11:14 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
Just got back in with my Q from the field . rcspeedo says 109.8 with NO dive running a 6x5.5 a Don's 60 amp esc, and a Hyperion 35c 2200 4c. Not bad, but I would like to see at least 120mph or so without a dive, Any suggestions on props to get the speed up??
Nice speed.
Cut down an apc sport 7x8 to 6" or try more thrust with a 7x6-7 cut to 6.5".
Your pulling around 40a with the current prop in the air.. get that up 50a+ with the right prop and you may squeeze out that extra 10.2mph.
Ive found the 7x5 on 3s pulls harder verticle and accelleration than the 4s, 6x6.
Your real solution is to find a way to get 5s in there! The weak part is the bearings in this motor.. ive blown them in one already and the ones in the new motor are noisy from new. As soon as I come up with a bearing solution, I will test 5s 6x5.5..
TP 1300s 65c, one 2s, one 3s, in series, will fit front to rear, balance well, and easily dispatch 60a+. The motor? well I measured 140 degrees on a 102 degree day landing after a fast pass on 4s. It passed the 5 second touch test. Not bad
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Jul 03, 2011, 11:20 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcoolg View Post
Here's the easiest and safest way to hand launch it. I gave it about 3/4 throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSlnlK8V5U
Good post.. Its how ive been launching all my wings. never had a bad launch using this method. With 7x5 and 75% plus, I can choose a high angle and it just rockets away.
People just need to NOT throw it like a frisbee with spin, but rather just pull it forward.
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Jul 03, 2011, 11:22 PM
lawndart aerobatic ace!
Joplin, Misery
Joined Mar 2007
407 Posts
Has anybody ever tried the graupner cam speed props? I've found a 6x6 prop in stock online but at almost $7 plus shipping I'm looking for some more info on how it performed.
gr8taz nitro is offline Find More Posts by gr8taz nitro
Old Jul 03, 2011, 11:24 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekmath View Post
Highly recommend replacing the hardware: for all the "improvements " they still use cheap tiny hardware. 5 flights in my ailivator thread stripped out of the cheap little clevis. The plane was far away and moving fast when it happened. the resultant crash totaled the body. For a paltry $87 plus 15 $ oversize box charge I can get a new one sans vertical stabs and "landing" wheel. I'll pass and this will be my last stryker but if you think this is a good deal don't be impressed by the stiffened pushrods and laminated foam-it does no good when the cheapest weakest link fails.
Did you consider Emailing HH ,they should help you even with a New Q? They are pretty good with customers. I'm not really sure why Qui Que would approve the such weak clevis's!! and stuff.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member