SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 01, 2011, 12:00 PM
Joined Dec 2008
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRF201 View Post
Thinman,

According to scale 6.65oz or 189grams.
Size 105.6mm long, 25.8mm high, 34.6mm wide.
Battery is rated on package 3s 2200mah at 25-35c

Notice in order to take out some nose down, need to add about 1oz to the rear.

Vrf201 (roy)
Thanks Roy
thinman is offline Find More Posts by thinman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:48 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
537 Posts
[

But no one to hold my cell to use Doppler
I wanna know how fast she goes lol[/QUOTE]

I just clipped my cell phone holster to the neck lanyard
that I use with the TX. Recorded just fine.

jhark37

BTW, recorded 92 in flat fly-bys and 110 in a moderate dive.
Around 65 at 40% throttle where I like to fly a lot for longer
flight times.
jhark37 is online now Find More Posts by jhark37
Old Jul 01, 2011, 03:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,568 Posts
Good idea

Do you use speed pass function of just default?

Also am I supposed to leave on during duration of flight or only on during passes? Like click listen, then stop listening after pass is made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhark37 View Post
[

But no one to hold my cell to use Doppler
I wanna know how fast she goes lol

I just clipped my cell phone holster to the neck lanyard
that I use with the TX. Recorded just fine.

jhark37

BTW, recorded 92 in flat fly-bys and 110 in a moderate dive.
Around 65 at 40% throttle where I like to fly a lot for longer
flight times.[/QUOTE]
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:19 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
murdnunoc,

Excellent post.

For the last few years Stryker forums on both RCG and RCU have been known to be among the most factual forums.

While some other forums with different airframes from different manufacturers have been partially full of b.s. , Stryker forums have been right on the money.

No inflated speeds etc etc.

Stryker owners take pride in accuracy of their posts.

I hope the trend continues with the new F-27Q owners....no doubt it will.

None 3D related post:

With help of you pioneers: Here are “some” of the facts we need:

Actual speed of 100% stock Q in level flight.
3S static Watts and RPM
3S Watts and RPM at max speed
What's the first bottle neck? Battery, or ESC.
Max 3S prop using stock motor and ESC and battery.
Same type data with motor maxed on 3S along with prop size etc.
(I know about performance changes with better packs)

In-flight Watts needed for 100MPH flight with this airframe....(If motor is changed: prop must not be too small).

4S data on stock motor
max 4S data with stock motor.
Will it last on 4S and certain AMPs.

For those who want to smoke test: Can the motor take 5S.....and if so is there any real benefit.....can it last.

Better outrunners and better inrunners. (hopefully not "every" burp is followed with Hobby King).

Along the way, we will learn what the airframe is good for, what mods are needed and when....After Market quality motor mounts.

Castle ICE ESCs will help with most of the above, Eagle Tree systems data logger even better....or in conjunction.

And sticking to the facts,….lets see if there are consensus between the data answering the above questions…time will tell.

Have a happy 4th of July weekend to those of you in USA.

Gryphon
Let's see who's gonna answer this call, Kinda like on the Habu Thread, they are mostly into paint jobs and retracts.

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:34 PM
Potage, MI
Joined Dec 2003
534 Posts
I got the stryker equipped with some Eagletree stuff last night and got a test flight this morning. The data file is corrupted but I can say this:

2200 3s 35C
APC 7x5E
60 amp esc
level flight at 93mph on 438 watts
flies straight up at 51mph until out of sight

Vince
Vince53 is offline Find More Posts by Vince53
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:46 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
murdnunoc,

With help of you pioneers: Here are “some” of the facts we need:

Actual speed of 100% stock Q in level flight.

Gryphon
96 MPH on radar both ways with a cross wind. 100% bone stock with stock 2200mAh 25C Parkzone battery.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:58 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Good idea

Do you use speed pass function of just default?

Also am I supposed to leave on during duration of flight or only on during passes? Like click listen, then stop listening after pass is made?

You can leave RCSpeedo recording the whole flight. It'll talk to you whenever it picks up a pass, and will keep a log of the passes it measures.
Some will be erroneous, like when you reduce the throttle and it sounds like a doppler shift. But those are easy to pick out of the log.

No need to stop listening any time in the flight.

Normal will be the most accurate.
100+mph is in between
Fast pass may miss some passes, but is the most accurate over 100mph.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:05 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
96 MPH on radar both ways with a cross wind. 100% bone stock with stock 2200mAh 25C Parkzone battery.
These were level passes, right?
If they included any dives, that's fine. We just need to know.

-----------------

Awesome data, guys.

This kind of stuff will help spot trends so we can confidently recommend a setup to someone who wants to get the most out of their Q.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:25 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Half throttle maybe 100 feet up and 200 yards out headed away from me. Roll into inverted and half loop to bring the plane back at me. 100% throttle at the bottom of the half loop. Pass made about 25 feet above ground. Wind from the west but making passes both north and south. Consistent 96 MPH passes.

I made one pass with the wind and in a slight dive and got 117 MPH.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:29 PM
Every flight is a maiden!
USA, CA, Fairfield
Joined Jul 2007
880 Posts
My maiden flight went very well. Except where I programmed in the expo backwards, I tossed it in the air with 50% positive expo, pretty funny, it twitched up and down so fast I couldn't follow it with my eyes. It was all over the place, I let go the controls, took a breath and carefully flew it to a landing. I set the expo in the proper direction and it flew like a dream. It does an impressive knife edge. It feels heavy for it's size but slow flies so well. My only "oops" was on landing when I decided to use those rudders and slide sideways after landing, it lifted up and cartwheeled. Haha. Hatch, Nose, and plane flew everywhere. On the next flight I discovered it can roll with just the rudders, nice!

I ordered a spare nose and prop, I can tell I'm going to do some damage there. My only complaint is I can't tell if it's coming or going when it's far away. Its a flying triangle, that moves fast. When I lose orientation at a distance I relax the controls and gently pull back on elevator and watch what happens. I think I'll add some of that reflector tape that the glider guys use to help keep oriented.

Two thumbs up, what a blast to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower1930 View Post
Congrats John! As you can see from everyone on this thread you're going to have a blast with the Q!
johnm15141 is offline Find More Posts by johnm15141
Last edited by johnm15141; Jul 01, 2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Silent E, doh!
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:40 PM
Joined Aug 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoguy17 View Post
I was out flying my Stryker Q this morning. The first lipo went well, great plane. When I tested my controls before the second flight, the right elevons would not move. I tried various things, plug/unplug lipo, turn transmitter off&on, rebind, etc but nothing worked. When I got home, I tried it again and it worked right away Any idea what may be causing the problem? Is it safe to fly? I only put 3 batteries through it since getting it.
Guy
I tried a 6200 receiver instead of the ar600 that came with it and it worked after binding. Turned it off and then back on and the right elevon was not working anymore... I guess the servo must be defective. Any other ideas?
Yoguy17 is online now Find More Posts by Yoguy17
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:20 PM
Rocket geek
Highlands Ranch, CO
Joined Dec 2007
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoguy17 View Post
I tried a 6200 receiver instead of the ar600 that came with it and it worked after binding. Turned it off and then back on and the right elevon was not working anymore... I guess the servo must be defective. Any other ideas?
You might just have a flaky connector. Try plugging and unplugging the offending servo a few times in case cleaning off the contacts is all that's needed.
Adrian A is offline Find More Posts by Adrian A
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:39 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Hmmmm, could I be the first one to report a midair collision with my new Stryker F-27Q? I was slowing down for a vertical landing (elevator landing) after a called it, but a friend of mine came fast from above, in a dive, with a F-27C and smashed my plane. I was about 50ft up, with no airspeed, so I could not save it, but basically managed to still land flat with not much speed. No damage at all though. I have it on video, but it's just far enough so you're not sure what type of Strykers are in the air.

So, am I the first?

BTW, I can officially report that the Q is faster than the C (both being stock). We even used the same battery from the same batch. It's not much faster (after all, it would be only 10mph), but it was consistent. I was flying with two other F-27C. Not that obvious on simple speed pass (we would go to the end of the field, in formation, line up, then one of us would yell WOT!), but when you simply keep WOT and do circles in formation, then it does become very obvious.
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:47 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,568 Posts
doppler today said 97 mph highest, but was more of a consistent 89-93 mph average in level fly bys, will try again tomorrow
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 01, 2011, 09:42 PM
Joined Jun 2007
57 Posts
I put the reciever in my q today and it didnt work out to good all the servoes worked but one in the right elevon but called lhs and they called HH and i have a new servo in the mail today which is good but it sux i cant fly it this weekend oh well
peeworm is online now Find More Posts by peeworm