HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2011, 01:06 AM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,299 Posts
last time i did a touch and go with my stryker it wasn't on purpose.came in really hot,wasn't thinking.hit the grass so hard everyone in the pits heard it,even the guy thats hard of hearing.bounced and went back up,gave it throttle and did another loop.plane was flying funny so brought it in and landed nicely.when i picked up the plane i noticed the fuse was broke in half from side to side.only thing holding it together was tape and the carbon rod.suprised it still flew and i was able to fly it back a little hot glue and more tape(gotta love duct tape)and it's back in the air again
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2011, 04:42 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I have never had a stryker, but definitely want this one. Cant wait!c
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Apr 07, 2011, 08:22 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Can't wait for this, already on the list at the lhs
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:38 AM
Joined Jul 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaniel View Post
i'm pretty sure he meant a motor upgrade that can still run on 3s. replacing the factory 3s with another 3s really won't get you much in the way off speed unless the original one wasn't strong enough to begin with.

I've run the c model with the stock motor and bigger esc on 4s for at least 2 years with no problems, hopefully the Q motor can handle 4s even if it's not rated for it.
giudicijake is offline Find More Posts by giudicijake
Old Apr 08, 2011, 04:44 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
The motor should handle it OK but I doubt the stock ESC will as it is only a 40 amp. In the HH new and Hot video for 3/31/11 they tell you that the stock ESC is almost too small for 3s. 50 amp or bigger would be good for 4s. I bet you already thought of that.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:22 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
The motor should handle it OK but I doubt the stock ESC will as it is only a 40 amp. In the HH new and Hot video for 3/31/11 they tell you that the stock ESC is almost too small for 3s. 50 amp or bigger would be good for 4s. I bet you already thought of that.
Link? Who from HH said this about which product?
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,826 Posts
I watched the video and didn't see that part. Maybe I just missed it?
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2011, 08:25 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Link? Who from HH said this about which product?
I checked it on Snopes and it was declared false.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2011, 11:58 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,212 Posts
It's a definite purchase for me. I've been flying the C since it's release and the B was my first 3ch real RC plane. The Stryker has a special place in my heart and will always be in my hanger. No matter what's going on I know it'll fly well, good weather or bad, calm wind or 25mph gusts, clear skies or overcast. There's no better plane to take to the field and "Just Fly".
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 09, 2011, 04:19 AM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giudicijake View Post
I've run the c model with the stock motor and bigger esc on 4s for at least 2 years with no problems, hopefully the Q motor can handle 4s even if it's not rated for it.
If you run the stock or apc 6x4 you don't need to change the ESC for 4S, i think it's only 29 amps. I've flown hundreds of flights with the stock ESC.
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:18 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
My Bad. I rechecked the video I quoted and what I said about the ESC being almost too small for 3s was not on that video. No intent to mislead on my part. I did hear that said and when I find the correct source I will post that. Sorry!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 07:41 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,826 Posts
I know we're no longer on this subject, but I just ran across this video on another thread which demonstrates the sidearm launch.

How To Hand Toss an RC Plane (2 min 39 sec)
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:10 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
Good video and info. Dave Powers is the man!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:50 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
?...The Stryker has a special place in my heart and will always be in my hanger. No matter what's going on I know it'll fly well, good weather or bad, calm wind or 25mph gusts, clear skies or overcast. There's no better plane to take to the field and "Just Fly".
+1
Well stated...and true!
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:19 AM
Joined Feb 2011
572 Posts
Speed??

Hi Everyone,

I went to the PZ webpage and can't seem to get a speed rating on the F27Q. I know that the F27C will do 80+mph according to the manufacturer.... does anyone know what the expected speed is on the F27Q? I'm assuming a little slower since there are two servos added on for rudder? Or is this a higher kv motor?

Thank you.
AVIATION_RULZ is offline Find More Posts by AVIATION_RULZ