HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:25 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,580 Posts
Rant
Posting Garbage on other people's FOR SALE Thread just because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tconners View Post
I am so sick of seeing this!
Diamonds, gold, 100 year items, women who donít talk and cook are rare.
NOT you old RC garbage! I wish people would just knock it off.
It's pathetic ok.

Rant off.
I think the person that needs to quit TROLLING is you, especially posting garbage posts at someone's FOR SALE thread and I do believe Anthony (ALL AMERICAN) was correct in his reply to you!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...83&postcount=9

There is just no need to post Nor View a titled Thread that you do not agree with!!

Good day (NOT!)
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Last edited by PittSpecial; Mar 31, 2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:13 AM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
If a member is not interested in an item and doesn't have any pertinent facts or information to bring forth, they should keep their negative opinions out of other member's For Sale Threads! It's just rude and bad forum etiquette.

Anthony
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:32 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
you should post this in the Trader Talk. it'll get a better response.

http://www.rcgroups.com/trader-talk-269/
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 01, 2011, 02:42 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
25,920 Posts
As the OP of a thread in the For Sale/Wanted forums, you can delete any or all comments. What's the problem?

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Apr 01, 2011, 04:56 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
As the OP of a thread in the For Sale/Wanted forums, you can delete any or all comments. What's the problem?

mw
No problem. Just wanted to point out some rude people

I got tired of deleting, if you will.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
ya i'm not going to lie even if i see something really cool i still resist saying so in the thread because when i shop for stuff in the for sale section i dont even open the link if there is a few replies already because it usually always means its sold
jcarne is offline Find More Posts by jcarne
Old Apr 03, 2011, 01:51 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,580 Posts
Originally posted by Thomas B. at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...35&postcount=4

Quote:
If a model kit has been out of production for some time, it clearly may qualify as rare or vintage. The price it is worth is precisely what someone is willing to pay for it....supply vs demand. Stop whining about things being vintage and rare (assuming it actually is)...either pay the price they want or pass it up, or respectfully negotiate a deal that works for both parties.

I occasionally pay a premium price for a older kit or model, if I really want it...... the market for it sets the price. I recently paid significant money for a 25-30 year rare and vintage Cox ARF foamie...the RF-5 Sportavia. (Paid around 178 bucks plus shipping). Worth every penny to me. I recently sold a old but perfect NIB vintage and rare Aristocraft Grumman F3F kit for about 250 bucks and it was worth every penny to the buyer...about 8 times the original price of the kit, but well under the $370 one had brought on Ebay recently.

I regularly see out of production kits or ARFs sold at prices greater than the original street price on here, even if they are recently out of production. And really rare and pristeen older kits and ARFs can command amazing prices on Ebay.

I will agree that the term rare and vintage does get over used and used in misleading ways, especially on Ebay. Personally, I look past the sellers comments and evaluate the item on it's own merit and worth to me.

Just because some sellers have odd notions of what vintage and rare means does not mean that these are not valid terms.

I will always use the terms vintage and rare when the situation warrants. If you don't believe in the terms, simply ignore my ads. I think complaining about it is what is really pathetic.