HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by WWIIPLANEBUFF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:38 AM
Registered User
WWIIPLANEBUFF's Avatar
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Hanger 9 Cap 232 1/3 Scale 3D ZDZ 80cc

I have a Hanger 9 Cap 232 in red, white and blue star stripes. It is completely ready to fly. All that is required is an eight channel TX and a charger to charge the two onboard batteries. If anyone has an interest in this plane or more information, I will get it to you. The plane has the following setup and is full 3D. I am selling the plane bacause of back trouble and can no longer handle this large plane. The plane has no more than two hours running time on the engine and airframe. I purchased all parts new for this unit. The listing below is the main features in the plane:

N E W -- P I C T U R E S -- A D D E D, -- S E E -- P O S T # 15

1..ZDZ Twin 80cc Gas Engine with rotory value
2..Tru-Turn Spinner
3..JZ Zinger Wood Prop 26 x 8
4..JR PCM or FM, Selectable 10 Channel Reciever, Channel 22, can be changed with new crystel
5..JR Digital Hi Output Hi Speed Servos DS 8231, x2 for each control surface
6..5000mah Ni-Mh Flight Pack Battery
7..3500mach Ni-Mh Ingnition Battery
8..32oz Du-Bro gas tank with the Quick Fill Inlet
9..Twin tunned can mufflers made for ZDZ 80 Twin
10.JR switches and sealed charging jack plugs for both batteries
11.Hanger 9 titanium linkage set and all titanium output control horns
12.Pull-Pull Rudder Setup
13.Extra wing kit (NIB)
14.Extra cowl (NIB)
15.Gasolene Filler Pump with oil/gas ratio mixer bottle

Key Features
90% custom built
Designed by 9-time TOC competitor Mike McConville
Specifically designed to be lightweight and excel in precision and 3D aerobatics
Prepainted fiberglass cowl and wheel pants
Plug-in wing and stabilizer
Covered with genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote®
IMAC and Giant-Scale legal
Instructions include 3D flying tips


Overview
A perfect blend of form and function, Hangar 9’s Cap 232 1/3 Scale ARF utilizes world-class aerobatics competitor Mike McConville’s engineering design to create an IMAC and Giant-Scale legal masterpiece perfectly suited for unlimited aerobatic action. It’s made from very lightweight balsa and plywood and covered in genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote®. Adding to the Cap’s great looks is the aluminum main landing gear and tail wheel, which is specially hand-polished for added sophistication. A removable top fuselage hatch provides easy access while the pre-tinted canopy adds an extra touch of class.

All wood parts for the Cap 232 are carefully selected to provide lightweight, sturdy construction. All structures are precision jig built. The Cap’s two-piece plug-in wing utilizes an anodized 1 1/2” T-6 aluminum wing tube with two anti-rotation pins. The horizontal stabilizer plugs onto anodized 5/8” aluminum tubes. Critical wing alignment and incidences are already done. The Cap's fiberglass cowling, wheel pants, and durable aluminum landing gear come out of the box prepainted and ready to mount to the airframe. A graphic sheet is also included to apply to the Cap 232.

Hangar 9’s optional accessory packs (HAN1220 for JR, or HAN1221 for Futaba)include pro level hardware that’s been specially selected from the top manufacturers of giant-scale accessories. Products include tail wheel assembly, ball links, hinges, Hangar 9 titanium pro-links, Hangar 9 aluminum servo arms, 32 oz tank, gas compatible fuel tank stopper, axles, wheels, and collars.


I have 3500.00 dollars of parts plus 80+ hours for building/Setup in this plane. I will sell in new condition for $2,500.00 for the complete system. Save $1,000.00 dollars and many hours of build. Please contact me if you are interested, have other questions or would like other photos of the air plane. Location is Chattanooga, TN 37421.
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
Last edited by WWIIPLANEBUFF; Apr 04, 2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:33 AM
Sigh...Really?
boggintuff's Avatar
Lansing, MI
Joined Jun 2009
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
kinda steep price. Good luck with the sale.
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:32 AM
Registered User
WWIIPLANEBUFF's Avatar
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Details About the Price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggintuff View Post
kinda steep price. Good luck with the sale.
I have added some links that you can see the current pricing on the items in the plane:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JRPS8231

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN1250


http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN1220


http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/ZDZ100B2NG.html

The link to the engine is the 100cc, I think they replaced the 80cc twin with this. The 80cc was $100.00 cheaper than the 100cc.

Just the few items listed above comes to $2600.00 and that's just for the engine, plane, hardware kit and servos. That does not include any price for shipping them in, tax if purchase local or any other extras with the plane like:
Prop, spinner, extra wing kit, extra cowl, servo gold JR entensions, batteries, JR gold charge jacks, mufflers, JR PCM Receiver, any tax or shipping on the items or any labor for building, etc.

I know it's a lot of money and that the unit could of been built with cheaper stuff but this is what I have in it. Also, if someone wants the plane and does not want the extra stuff, the price can go down. I will work with anyone that is interested. It is not an all or none.

I haven't had time but I will try to do a spread sheet of every part in it and the current price of each. It may be someone wants the plane and not the receiver and extra cowl & wing, etc. I will be glad to do that as well.
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:48 PM
Registered User
WWIIPLANEBUFF's Avatar
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Spread Sheet of Cost

Hello, Here is a spread sheet of the plane and the items with it. I looked each of these up on the web and used the prices that it currently shows.
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:40 PM
Sigh...Really?
boggintuff's Avatar
Lansing, MI
Joined Jun 2009
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
I appreciate your time and effort breaking down the pricing. You need to research the market for similar sized planes listed if you want to stay in the range where it will likely sell. Nobody will recoupe their shipping/tax/build time on any plane...except profeesional builders who do only that. I too build with the best of everything and based on my experience(buying/selling) usually see things sell for around 50-60% of invested total. It sucks, but tis the nature of this hobby. I liked the spreadsheet...have to do that for my own some day just too see how much money dumped in lol
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 02:29 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggintuff View Post
I liked the spreadsheet...have to do that for my own some day just too see how much money dumped in lol
Yikes that's a scary thought...Dont let the wife see.....
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 03:04 PM
Registered User
WWIIPLANEBUFF's Avatar
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Price of plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggintuff View Post
I appreciate your time and effort breaking down the pricing. You need to research the market for similar sized planes listed if you want to stay in the range where it will likely sell. Nobody will recoupe their shipping/tax/build time on any plane...except profeesional builders who do only that. I too build with the best of everything and based on my experience(buying/selling) usually see things sell for around 50-60% of invested total. It sucks, but tis the nature of this hobby. I liked the spreadsheet...have to do that for my own some day just too see how much money dumped in lol
If I change the price to $2,100.00, that will be less than 60% of todays prices and I spent more when I built it. Do you think $2,100.00 will help? I would really hate to let it go for less. Thank you for your help.
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:28 PM
Sigh...Really?
boggintuff's Avatar
Lansing, MI
Joined Jun 2009
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
I dont and wont tell you what to price YOUR airplane at sir. I was just trying to politely hint that with the market pricing you might have it for sale for a while. Each person has their own worth number to sell their planes for. Have a great weekend.
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:32 PM
Suspended Account
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
303 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Do you think that if you were to sell your wifes wedding ring you would get what you spent for it?
And gold is holding its value.
TheEdge is offline Find More Posts by TheEdge
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:58 PM
Registered User
WWIIPLANEBUFF's Avatar
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Pricing on Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post
Do you think that if you were to sell your wifes wedding ring you would get what you spent for it?
And gold is holding its value.
That's funny you say that because that's what we did a few years ago. We went to the location about 15 years later where we purchased my wife's ring. At the time I bought it I paid $2,600.00 for it. 15 Years later they gave me $4,800.00 for it towards the purchase of another ring. I had gotten a cash price before I ask about the trade.

Also, I am NOT asking what I paid for the plane. I paid over 3,600.00 when I bought the plane and equipment. I also paid over 350.00 in tax or in shipping, which anyone would have to do today as well to get the parts to them. So that's right at $3,950.00, I am asking $2,500.00. The plane only has a few hours of running time on it. So lets do this:

Say you are at a car dealers and they have two cars that are the same in every way. Same color, make, model, etc. One is new and is $39,000.00, the other is new but has been driven 200 miles. Now the sales man tells you he will sell the car with 200 miles on it for $25,000.00. I think most people would by that car and leave with a smile on their face thinking that got a great deal. This of course are just my thoughts but that's how I see it. If I had flown the plane for a year or so and it was really used it would be different. The plane was built, tested and flown for a total of .75 gallons of gas. Not even a full gallon has been run through the plane. I may never sell the plane at this price but in my mind it is a very good deal for someone wanting to save well over a $1,000.00 and not to have to build the plane. People are also welcome to make an offer if they like. Have a good day!
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 04:19 PM
Registered User
DGrant's Avatar
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,313 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
I'm into aerobats, and have been following this pretty much since day one. I'm not going to be a judge on whether the price on this plane is too high or not... as that's entirely up to the seller, and his circumstances... and what he feels is a fair price.

I will say its a decent price if someone already had a predisposed plan to go and buy a plane that's absolutely identical to it.. then its a great price.. I mean.. if someones is in the market(I do mean IN the market at these prices we're talking about), chances are anybody would choose a $2500 plane that's been flown a few times over a $3600 plane they have to build and that's never been flown... of course they would go the 2500 route right? In a perfect storm where you have a seller that has exactly what the buyer is looking for.

In an open market though, where some people might see it and be drawn to it.. that price might not be as inticing... as there are 1000 beliefs of what something is worth....... so those that are drawn to the product, and not the price of it, WILL question that price... and here's the problem with that.... there will be another 33%aerobat on the market in 30days somewhere... and in this economy the chances of that plane being blown out for far less then this $2500 plane are pretty high... due to the fact that there are some very motivated sellers out there.

Some(maybe alot) RC'ers are more into getting the "exceptionally great deal" then they might be owning a very nice 33%Cap232. What's needed is someone that wants that Cap more then they want that "exceptionally great deal". Also in this market, especially with the higher priced equipment, as hard as it is not to look at what money is into it... if a sale is going to take place... we really need to forget about what we bought it for....and how many hours it took to assemble...if we want a reasonably quick sale, or any sale at all in some cases...

I'd say look around and see what they're going for, be willing to consider offers(I did see your recent post..very cool), and be willing to sit on it for a bit, as someone just might come along and realize this is the plane that they've been wanting for a looong time.

I don't know.. I'm always looking for great prices, at the same time, I do love the Caps'... I won't say what I've seen these going for in years past, as it's irrelevant really... I would/will ponder this myself and see where it goes as I'm always curious what the market is doing.. and really prices for this type of plane are all over the board for all kinds of different reasons.. and bottom line here is this really is a first class 33%' plane.. you can't deny that..

PS... I don't know that a car is a decent comparison... a car is mostly necessity in this day and age, where as you'd have a tough time flying this plane to work.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:27 PM
Registered User
WWIIPLANEBUFF's Avatar
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
The Way of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGrant View Post
I'm into aerobats, and have been following this pretty much since day one. I'm not going to be a judge on whether the price on this plane is too high or not... as that's entirely up to the seller, and his circumstances... and what he feels is a fair price.

I will say its a decent price if someone already had a predisposed plan to go and buy a plane that's absolutely identical to it.. then its a great price.. I mean.. if someones is in the market(I do mean IN the market at these prices we're talking about), chances are anybody would choose a $2500 plane that's been flown a few times over a $3600 plane they have to build and that's never been flown... of course they would go the 2500 route right? In a perfect storm where you have a seller that has exactly what the buyer is looking for.

In an open market though, where some people might see it and be drawn to it.. that price might not be as inticing... as there are 1000 beliefs of what something is worth....... so those that are drawn to the product, and not the price of it, WILL question that price... and here's the problem with that.... there will be another 33%aerobat on the market in 30days somewhere... and in this economy the chances of that plane being blown out for far less then this $2500 plane are pretty high... due to the fact that there are some very motivated sellers out there.

Some(maybe alot) RC'ers are more into getting the "exceptionally great deal" then they might be owning a very nice 33%Cap232. What's needed is someone that wants that Cap more then they want that "exceptionally great deal". Also in this market, especially with the higher priced equipment, as hard as it is not to look at what money is into it... if a sale is going to take place... we really need to forget about what we bought it for....and how many hours it took to assemble...if we want a reasonably quick sale, or any sale at all in some cases...

I'd say look around and see what they're going for, be willing to consider offers(I did see your recent post..very cool), and be willing to sit on it for a bit, as someone just might come along and realize this is the plane that they've been wanting for a looong time.

I don't know.. I'm always looking for great prices, at the same time, I do love the Caps'... I won't say what I've seen these going for in years past, as it's irrelevant really... I would/will ponder this myself and see where it goes as I'm always curious what the market is doing.. and really prices for this type of plane are all over the board for all kinds of different reasons.. and bottom line here is this really is a first class 33%' plane.. you can't deny that..

PS... I don't know that a car is a decent comparison... a car is mostly necessity in this day and age, where as you'd have a tough time flying this plane to work.
Thank You. This is what I was trying to say, it just took someone with better PR to do it than myself. I did post in the end of the post just before this one that I am willing to look at offers. You explained it so well, so thanks again.

Also, I will be adding some very detailed images after this weekend of the planes inside and out.
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
Last edited by WWIIPLANEBUFF; Apr 01, 2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Added more text.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:02 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
D B Cooper's Avatar
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Beautiful plane.
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 11:44 PM
Registered User
DGrant's Avatar
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,313 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Planebuff, it is a very nice plane you have there. Glad you got what I was saying...as I can also appreciate your point too, and what you have in that project. Our planes mean something to each of us... some more then others at that...as I also have planes that would take A LOT of money to buy...and frankly I probably would never sell them...but if I did I wouldn't take any losses...or very little at best. So just wait around and hopefully you get your price ....in the meantime, you own one of the nicest Caps around..... anybody else want a turn owning this puppy?
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New !! Never Flown Hanger 9 35% Cap 232 R/C Vet Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 22, 2010 07:47 AM
For Sale Hanger 9 Cap 232 1/4 Scale ( Must See ) Aero12 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 15, 2010 04:09 PM
Gallery My hanger 9 cap 232 1/4 scale tony0707 Your Plane Photos 0 Dec 08, 2009 09:53 AM
Sold Hangar 9 232 1/3 Scale Cap w/zdz 80 ARF Jon Koppisch Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 08, 2007 09:04 AM
FS or Trade Hanger 9 Cap 232 1.20 size ARF mlehman Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 09, 2003 12:01 PM