HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:10 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,167 Posts
The overshrink happens to the best of us; I usually hit an area with my gun for no more than 1-2 seconds then removing from heat. I find that if I see it shrink while the gun is still on the area, it is already too late and I will over shrink.. just keep that hand moving.

I am sure it aint that bad, plus you can have some fun with covering repairs. I am currently working on making flames and look forward to slappin them back on the X
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:26 AM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,353 Posts
hey guys... Just wanted to share my new Katana video... A bit different. a bit more precision flying...

Michael Wargo On the Katana MD (4 min 10 sec)
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:46 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Nice vid Michael
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:02 PM
www.3dextratime.be
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Dessel
Joined Oct 2011
26 Posts
like always , nice flying

very tricky move at 3,07
3d extra time is offline Find More Posts by 3d extra time
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:56 AM
Joined Dec 2010
15 Posts
Yes agreed 3d that the stunt you pull out at 3:07 was spectacular the KE circle was so close the ground... Simply awesome stuff Michael...

Anyway, some Bandit photos to share from last weekend action...
piratesRC is offline Find More Posts by piratesRC
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:04 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Mascot
Joined Jan 2008
340 Posts
I flew the bandit in 20mph winds today because i can not wait for no wind days ..it frigggggen rocks .Nice pics pirates rc
cheers glen
wifpwcf is offline Find More Posts by wifpwcf
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:53 PM
Paul
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Nov 2008
523 Posts
horizontal stabilizer

Hey Bandit owners,
Installing the horizontal stab I noticed it was out by 5 mm to the wing tube. I have filed and sanded many times and I have now packed the stab with fiber tape on opposite sides of the stab and now it is parallel to the wing tube. Waiting to epoxy the stab to fuse.
Question has anyone else come across this and what have you used to pack the stab or fuse before gluing.
Thankyou Paul
spirroau is offline Find More Posts by spirroau
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:56 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Ive used just a piece of card stock to shim a stab from time to time.( not on this airframe tho) Just glue it in place and go. You went all pro with your fix. Nice.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:51 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Yeah looks good. They fly great!!!!
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:03 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Mine was out a little bit, I was able to sand some off the high side and get it to fit without having to add any filler material. It wasn't off by much to start with. I'm at the point that I can't do anything else until all my ancillary items show up from PA. Too bad...it's going to be 60 degrees and calm here tomorrow and I'd love to be trying this one out.
Tmorelock is offline Find More Posts by Tmorelock
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:14 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2009
250 Posts
Had the maiden of my bandit yesterday, went well until it just felt funny... Landed if after a few missed approaches and noticed the left aileron drooping down. The control horn had popped out of the aileron.

This has made me a bit concerned about the security of the other horns, especially the elevator (if i lost that i'd be buying a new plane..)

Can anyone suggest a method of ensuring the security of the horns in the control surfaces, they were epoxied in.

Cheers

Nick
NickM91 is offline Find More Posts by NickM91
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:34 PM
Joined Nov 2008
219 Posts
use good 24 hr epoxy- the 5 min stuff can be a bit soft

it aint going no where with the right glue to lock it in

make sure you rough up the carbon before it goes in the slot too - as per instructions
Reflex Films is offline Find More Posts by Reflex Films
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:12 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2009
250 Posts
That answers that, 5min araldite won't be getting used for this sort of stuff again
NickM91 is offline Find More Posts by NickM91
Old Jan 01, 2012, 02:41 AM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM91 View Post
That answers that, 5min araldite won't be getting used for this sort of stuff again
Bingo, 5 min is really only any good for foamies, it just doesn't acheive a good enough bond with other materials in it's setting time. I actually had to hold of certain steps in my build until the hobby shop opened after the xmas break so I could get some 30 min Z-Epoxy. The local hardware only had 5min or 24hr which i'm not patient enough to use.
luke352 is offline Find More Posts by luke352
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:13 AM
Paul
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Nov 2008
523 Posts
Stab in and level
Thanks for the tip with the epoxy
Cheers
spirroau is offline Find More Posts by spirroau