HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:18 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Mascot
Joined Jan 2008
340 Posts
Hi Dan , Shaun,Brett I'm excited tested this baby today and what a blast it was ,I been flying nothing but 40% the last few years and I must say its one impressive aircraft for its size, Quality with a capital Q.. Shaun you sure no how to impress a pilots mind. Dan I got a Green one because greens tuff lol i can't wait to get a few flights to let loose on vid dan..brett I will be in touch be great to double Huck our bandits , Brett i been doing alot of UAV work and flying out the RAAF Richmond ,be great to catch up . Shaun a 40% one of these would be gold . Please please pleaseeeeee .
Regards glen
wifpwcf is offline Find More Posts by wifpwcf
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:36 AM
Joined Dec 2010
15 Posts
Some pictures to share... Bandit in Malaysia flying in RC Mafia style...
piratesRC is offline Find More Posts by piratesRC
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:26 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesRC View Post
Superb photos...¡¡¡¡ you guys knows how to get the max fun....¡¡¡¡¡Congratulations to the Malasyan buddies and Merry Chtmas...¡¡ Blue ones are beautiful... ¡¡¡ It looks like you´re flying with 3S is that right ?...

Manolo.
ultimatetwo is online now Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:49 AM
Joined Dec 2010
15 Posts
Thanks Manolo, Radio Rookie was flying with 4s when he was doing the perch andL since then he never wanted to go back to 3s. I was flying with 4s too but somehow with 4s, me and Radio Rookie had problems with the motorbox and I've to reinforce with fiber cloth. Hopefully it can withstand more beatings...

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:41 AM
It's All About Having Fun!
Joined Jul 2008
336 Posts
PRC - awesome photos

Manolo - fe-LEECE nah-vee-DAHD and I can't wait for you Bandit, what colour?
The Hitman is offline Find More Posts by The Hitman
Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:14 AM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
715 Posts
Quote:
Nice! I see RR checking out the drive system and studying the amount of throttle required for hovering

Can't wait for some video. Where's BT?
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:34 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Amazing pics!!!! nice to see you guys having fun with the Bandit!, can't wait to fly mine again!!!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:45 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,968 Posts
Quote:
Awesome pics PRC
The blue really shows off the metallic
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:01 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
853 Posts
Quote:
Very nice pictures! The blue is looking very nice.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:41 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,308 Posts
Love the Mafia Pics!

I went by my buddy David's house after flying my X tonight, his bandit is all ready to fly and looks fantastic! iPA Pro complete with Bling I cant wait to see it fly!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Dec 24, 2011, 01:38 AM
Joined Dec 2010
15 Posts
Thanks guys... Watch out for more cool pictures as we will be flying our Bandit the whole Christmas holidays...

Had more Bandit action this morning and the fiber glassing on the motor box is holding so far on 3s. Will further stress test on 4s...
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:28 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitman View Post
PRC - awesome photos

Manolo - fe-LEECE nah-vee-DAHD and I can't wait for you Bandit, what colour?
Tx very much, " Feliz Navidad y prospero año nuevo "; ( Merry Xtmas and happy new year ), again to all the Mafia team....
My Bandit is also a blue one. Usually i like red ones, but I think these metallic cobalt blue are very elegants ..... What kind of glassing reinforcement are you doing to the firewall ?. Please some, pics, pics...
Now I´m involved in a e-conversion and detailing of a old G.P. Red Baron DR-1 triplane, but as soon I get my hands on that Bandit, Manfred will must to wait and search PA Bandit at six....
http://www.acro3d.com/public/phpbb3/...ic.php?t=11865
Tx for granted.
Manolo.
Last edited by ultimatetwo; Dec 24, 2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2010
15 Posts
Manolo, if you can see from the picture, it's just a layer of fiber cloth with epoxy to hold the motor box front cf plate in place. Picture was taken on the first layer but also gave way. So I've added another layer in from the front as well as on the back.

Radio Rookie's has put finishing resin to give the reinforcement a more solid feel. Since Radio Rookie flys his 4s Bandit real hard, he has rest assured that it's now 4s certified.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 02:08 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Manolo, if you can see from the picture, it's just a layer of fiber cloth with epoxy to hold the motor box front cf plate in place. Picture was taken on the first layer but also gave way. So I've added another layer in from the front as well as on the back.

Radio Rookie's has put finishing resin to give the reinforcement a more solid feel. Since Radio Rookie flys his 4s Bandit real hard, he has rest assured that it's now 4s certified.
Tx very much for that tip, buddy. I plan to do your motor box-firewall reinforcement too, maybe some strips also on the cage corners and paint all the box with slow curing epoxy mixed with 50 percent alcohol cause want to try 3 and 4S set-up too with my Axi, and nose weigh should be no problem. I just ordered a couple of battery packs some moments ago to HK.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Old Dec 25, 2011, 02:45 PM
Joined Jul 2008
43 Posts
Based on the previous posts, I have a question..

This plane is reported as being both a capable 3s and 4s ready plane. Why the need to add cf sheeting to the mtor box in order to run a 4s set-up? Was there a problem when ran on 4s without the cf added to the motorbox? I'm confused? I did not really undrerstand what was being said about that, and was wondering if something broke when flown on the 4s batteries?

I know the instructions state to paint the motorbox over with wood glue to add strength, but is that not enough?

Thanks.
My bandit is close to finished now, and I'm looking forward to flying it sometime soon. Although, I'm not really expecting to get it into the air for the first time until sometime around March (I'm funny like that.. Had the buck huck for over a year before I even built it. Started flying that plane about 5 months ago)

My other main flyer right now is an E-Flite Leader with power 10. That is one nice smooth flying plane in my opinion! I also fly a Formosa and an array of other foamies I've aquired since getting into the hobby 3 years back. Just got into balsa this past season, and not looking back..
Lifesaver is offline Find More Posts by Lifesaver