HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
yea,and its Christmas.not Xmas. merry Chrismas.
Well, you´re luckier than me. I must wait till Three Kings....
My set-up for the bandit is Axi 2820/14 for motor, Futaba 2´4 rec., two Hitec HS65MG for ailerons and others two Savox digital SH-0257MG servos for the tail.
Cheers.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is online now Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:06 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo View Post
Well, you´re luckier than me. I must wait till Three Kings....
My set-up for the bandit is Axi 2820/14 for motor, Futaba 2´4 rec., two Hitec HS65MG for ailerons and others two Savox digital SH-0257MG servos for the tail.
Cheers.
Manolo.
oooooh nice servos.i like axi motors too.you fly it yet?
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:50 AM
What goes up, will come down..
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Jun 2011
136 Posts
Well, my tail wheel assembly arrived yesterday. Thanks Chris! Assembly of the front end will start tomorrow.I prepped the motor cage last night. One oops was that the rear anti rotation pins on the wings were not secured and one got pushed into the wing so I will have to pick up a carbon rod to make a new one. I totally missed it when I was assembling the wings.....Stupid mistake!!!! Other than that, it is really an nice looking bird!
Willie T is online now Find More Posts by Willie T
Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:31 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
Well, my tail wheel assembly arrived yesterday. Thanks Chris! Assembly of the front end will start tomorrow.I prepped the motor cage last night. One oops was that the rear anti rotation pins on the wings were not secured and one got pushed into the wing so I will have to pick up a carbon rod to make a new one. I totally missed it when I was assembling the wings.....Stupid mistake!!!! Other than that, it is really an nice looking bird!
I'm glad things worked out! I'm certain you will love it once you get it in the air.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:32 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
New Bandit video. Enjoy!

The Precision Aerobatics Bandit (2 min 0 sec)
Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
136 Posts
Me too! I have read most of the PA threads and it seems that others have been having difficulty with getting a response from the Georgia facility. I am thankful for the help that you gave me or I might have been in the same boat so to speak......Thanks again!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:57 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,742 Posts
Great Vid
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:33 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Great Vid
thanks!
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:48 PM
Canada, AB, Spruce Grove
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
hi Willie. i recently got my bandit and in checking i found one pin loose and the other pushed in as you had. i just used a tiny dab of ca on a toothpick and held it on the pin till it set, then managed to get it out far enough to pry it the rest of the way with 2 xacto blades. i'm gonna re-glue the other wing pins also, just in case
rod22 is offline Find More Posts by rod22
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:45 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
29 Posts
I keep losing my battery hatch mid flight, happened to me 3 times now. Usually doing a snap roll. After the first time i have been making sure i defiantly have it attached properly every time. Anyone had this happen? Whats the best way to fix this?

Cheers

Marcel
roooost is offline Find More Posts by roooost
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:17 AM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roooost View Post
I keep losing my battery hatch mid flight, happened to me 3 times now. Usually doing a snap roll. After the first time i have been making sure i defiantly have it attached properly every time. Anyone had this happen? Whats the best way to fix this?

Cheers

Marcel
That is strange. I have never had this problem with the Bandit or any other PA plane that uses the same canopy attachment method. Is the canopy fitting properly? If it is raised a bit the magnets might not have a good "grip".
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:26 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evel Knievel View Post
That is strange. I have never had this problem with the Bandit or any other PA plane that uses the same canopy attachment method. Is the canopy fitting properly? If it is raised a bit the magnets might not have a good "grip".
Yeah the canopy seems to fit nicely, i have noticed the two magnets in the fuselage at the rear are recessed about 1 mm into the hole. Not sure if that is normal?
roooost is offline Find More Posts by roooost
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:07 AM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roooost View Post
Yeah the canopy seems to fit nicely, i have noticed the two magnets in the fuselage at the rear are recessed about 1 mm into the hole. Not sure if that is normal?
H'm, that's probably it. The canopy / fuselage magnets on all 3 of my PA planes sit flush with the top portion of the mounting holes.

One way to find out, just pry 'em out, add some filler and re-glue 'em etc.
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
136 Posts
The manual says to remove the c clip from the Thrust 40 motor to get it to sit flush. I also had to remove the brass washer that sits below it. Is this normal?
rod22 thanks for the tip, I will try that.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:29 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
oooooh nice servos.i like axi motors too.you fly it yet?
Not yet buddy... My Bandit Kit, bling pack, motor, speed controller, servos and all stuff it is waiting warped in gift paper till Three Kings, and my wife it is watching all time... so.
Patience....When I catch the Bandit on my hands I plan to open a blog-thread on the spanish forums and pics here too. Probably some nose art with pin-ups and canopy interior...
ultimatetwo is online now Find More Posts by ultimatetwo