SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Think of it as not comparing planes,because that just causes hurt feelings and makes everyone mad.
If you feel like that then why make the comment you did about the Slick? Better to stay silent and true to your word.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:58 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Dan, you are on fire. That was one wild ride and great fun to watch! "... looking for the Miracle Man..." - Spot on.
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:13 PM
Watch it...Watch it ...Duck!
San Dimas, CA
Joined Nov 2009
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanans View Post
Typical! I jumped the gun and ordered mine last week, received it yesterday, and get this 20% e-mail today.... dangit!
I feel your pain. Just received an AMR! Can't open it til Christmas though But with 20% off I'm thinking of grabbing a Bandit to help my wife out with my birthday shopping. It's not til May though
Hmm, perhaps Valentines day?
full flaps is offline Find More Posts by full flaps
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:33 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Now truthfully are there any 3DHS fliers on here? I'm loving my edge and wondering how you all think this puppy compares
I have flown/owned the Slicks and I would rate them in two different categories. This Bandit is a pure 3D plane and can do really slow and smooth 3D like in a slow motion while the comparable 51" Slick is more IMAC and does good 3D but with some speed. You can fly the Bandit in a good size indoor gym where it will hover like a big foamie.
SalamSyed is offline Find More Posts by SalamSyed
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:16 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
If you feel like that then why make the comment you did about the Slick? Better to stay silent and true to your word.
Because Jm wanted a comparison to a 3dhs plane so I gave him one. Sorry you did you like it but that's tough. :-)
I am always true to my word. Slick, mostly IMac plane? Bahahahah nice.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:21 AM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Now truthfully are there any 3DHS fliers on here? I'm loving my edge and wondering how you all think this puppy compares
I have flown both, and the flight envelope of the Bandit is way superior.... Get your hands on a bandit, you'll know exactly what I mean!!!!!
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:27 AM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,422 Posts
Awesome Video DAN!!!!! Sorry I just watched it.. Really Busy.... Phenomenal Flying as usual...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:50 AM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Slick, mostly IMac plane? Bahahahah nice.
I was talking about the overall 3D envelop so IMO not everyone can 3D a Slick 51 (comparable plane) easily whereas the Bandit is much easier to 3D.

The bigger Slicks (59 and 71) are easier to 3D but comparing them to the Bandit would be unfair.
SalamSyed is offline Find More Posts by SalamSyed
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:20 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed View Post
I was talking about the overall 3D envelop so IMO not everyone can 3D a Slick 51 (comparable plane) easily whereas the Bandit is much easier to 3D.

The bigger Slicks (59 and 71) are easier to 3D but comparing them to the Bandit would be unfair.
Ok. My thing was the 48 edge if 3dhs is great, but not in the same pricepoint as the bandit. I like the bandit. I fly 3dhs, extreme flight, Pa, whatever I get my paws on. AJ designed the slick series to iMac well and 3d and it rocks both ways. The bandit seems to do both very well as well.
So to change my answer to the question of how dies the bandit stack up to the 3dhs 48 edge, which is what was asked so my bad. The edge flies extremely light,so does the bandit. The edge 3ds like a trainer,as it is designed as a 3d trainer that will rock the house too. So does the bandit. Precision factor between the two airframes I will say has to go to the Bandit. It has sleeker/ thinner lines for it. PA planes fly different than any others I have flown. Their philosophy is different I think than some other manufacturers. Lighter is better seems to be one of the main differences. I'm not sure I agree with it but am not totally against it either.
I think the Bandit looks totally bad assed and I can't wait for more flight time on it. I'm trying NOT to be a total fanboy of a manufacturer anymore as that closes the opportunity to totally enjoy this hobby. :-)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:02 AM
It's just a new plane honey!!!
Joined Oct 2008
252 Posts
I like them both.

I have the 59 & 70 Slicks. I must admit, I found the PA Mx 58 to be a better 3d flyer for my skill level. The only problem is, I did not care for the look. I sold my MX to fund the 59" slick. I love the look of the slicks. They fly awsom.

I got to fly my friends bandit, and I loved it. Thinking of selling the 59' slick now. Not the same wing spand I know, but I love the look of the bandit.

My 70 slick inch is at the top of my list.

I find for my flying skills, lower ligher wind loading make it better for me. With PA you loose the skale look. This is why I have planes for m both compaines.

The bandit is a special plane. I suggest if you can afford them to try them both. The problem I have is, I want the 89" slick & the bandit. If I buy both, my wife would give birth to a small farm animal. So I have a 59" slick and Addie for sale.
Shuedog is offline Find More Posts by Shuedog
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:11 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Lol no small farm animal birthings please bahahaha. I like the mx look as much as or maybe more than the bandit. But do like the looks of the bandit.
I've heard the 59 slicks are a bit different than the over sizes but ive not flown one myself. Hope to never be without one tho.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:49 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,422 Posts
Well, as always, opinion really varies. But I can tell you I have flown all of the above mentioned, and what seems to matter to all 3d pilots is how well it 3ds. TThe Bandit and MX are amazing at this. So if your goal is to look like a better 3d pilot, and to become more skilled at the 3d stuff, then I really think The MX and Bandit are just amazing choices. Both are also designed to Fly Imac well. Maybe a pound heavier might offer some Imac advantage, but neglegable if the plane is set up right. Also, if you want to fly straight Practice works better than a new airframe LOL. But go ahead and add that pound in 3d and it changes the plane's abilities dramatically. LIght and agile is the way to go if you want to master this 3d thing.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:31 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Well, as always, opinion really varies. But I can tell you I have flown all of the above mentioned, and what seems to matter to all 3d pilots is how well it 3ds. TThe Bandit and MX are amazing at this. So if your goal is to look like a better 3d pilot, and to become more skilled at the 3d stuff, then I really think The MX and Bandit are just amazing choices. Both are also designed to Fly Imac well. Maybe a pound heavier might offer some Imac advantage, but neglegable if the plane is set up right. Also, if you want to fly straight Practice works better than a new airframe LOL. But go ahead and add that pound in 3d and it changes the plane's abilities dramatically. LIght and agile is the way to go if you want to master this 3d thing.
very good post.thumbs up .Only thing I question is the weight thing and I'm not 100% sold on it either way.If I like the looks of the plane and it does what I want it to do its all good.I do "wonder" if a little extra weight sometimes helps to carry a plane through a maneuver some like a tumble or snap,but there again,I had no problem doing extremely crisp snaps with the bandit and mx.So weight may not have as much to do with airframe design after all..just maybe what one is used to or likes.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:49 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,422 Posts
YOu can fly a lighter plane through the most demanding straight line manuevers... BUt with a heavier plane, it will never look as good in 3d. With straight iines, it's in the thumbs...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,377 Posts
Hey Manta, Apologies I just re-read my post above and it reads a bit nasty. Sorry I was rushing between meetings and should have taken more time.

Regarding snaps and stuff I was always a bit of snapasaurus, in that my snaps were deep stalls that often ended in a hover. But more recently I've been watching 3D vids and really like the fast snaps with little flight speed loss and that are very accurate. On my two rate set up my snaps were deep and stally or big and barrelly

So on my Bandit I've just set up another rate of Low elev and rudder but about 90% of aileron and guess what. Fast non stalling snaps are now mine
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX