HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:58 PM
Joined Nov 2008
222 Posts
brilliant video - it really adds a lot having a host discuss the plane - its another production element to fill out the story telling and message that you wish to get across.

Great flying too.

I had my first fly on the Bandit 2 nights ago and its so true

- the flight window on this plane is so wide -

from pinpoint degree accurate precision to hi energy rotations , tumbles and nearly stall free stable 3d with "auto lock" hovers - its all there.

This is the "state of the art"

And i havent even flown it on 4s yet.
Reflex Films is offline Find More Posts by Reflex Films
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:19 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex Films View Post
brilliant video - it really adds a lot having a host discuss the plane - its another production element to fill out the story telling and message that you wish to get across.

Great flying too.

from pinpoint degree accurate precision to hi energy rotations , tumbles and nearly stall free stable 3d with "auto lock" hovers - its all there.

You are right. It is state of the art... I cut this out of the video, but one of the things I said was that all the other companies are using weight to keep the planes flying straight and help them tumble well. The mass really helps with that. They even criticized pa for light weight. BUt shaun designed his way to the same result with the thinner wing and other things... Really brilliant. He duplicated their Strightline performance and tumbling while keeping the PA 3d ability that put PA on the Map... The plane is amazing.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:01 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex Films View Post

Great flying too.

Well put and 100% accurate.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:26 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Great Video, Michael. Well flown and nicely edited. Makes me wanna get my Bandit so badly (if I only had time...)
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:12 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,525 Posts
You know guys, I have been flying my prototype red one since march, 6 months before they came out. I am amazed I didn't wear it out. I have flown it on 3s and 4s... This plane is different. It is clearly better than anything in its class. I have test flown at my clubs about all of the competitors' planes as well, and it is so much better. It is a pilot's airplane. It is a 3d monster, and flies like its on a rail. I am just not sure what else a pilot would want. OK. now I've said everything I ever wanted to say about the Bandit.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:59 AM
United States, MN, Waconia
Joined Mar 2011
193 Posts
Just ordered mine, I can't wait.
kanans is offline Find More Posts by kanans
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:26 AM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined Oct 2007
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
You know guys, I have been flying my prototype red one since march, 6 months before they came out. I am amazed I didn't wear it out. I have flown it on 3s and 4s... This plane is different. It is clearly better than anything in its class. I have test flown at my clubs about all of the competitors' planes as well, and it is so much better. It is a pilot's airplane. It is a 3d monster, and flies like its on a rail. I am just not sure what else a pilot would want. OK. now I've said everything I ever wanted to say about the Bandit.
I have a slow network connection and I have only managed to see the first minute of the vid but there is some great flying there. I am interested to know if you using any switches for snap rolls or is your precision flying pure thumb control?
OSOFAM is offline Find More Posts by OSOFAM
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:51 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Found this one on my iphone and finally got vimeo to accept it lol.Vimeo has been weird lately and has not been allowing me to post video to it.So anyhow,this is shortly after Chris Got his new Bandit and was "trimming it out" enjoy!
Precision Aerobatics Bandit (1 min 37 sec)
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:07 AM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOFAM View Post
I have a slow network connection and I have only managed to see the first minute of the vid but there is some great flying there. I am interested to know if you using any switches for snap rolls or is your precision flying pure thumb control?
I fly with 3 rates. HIgh for 3d, Low for straight lines with slow ailerons, and a snap Rate which I use during most straight line flying. It have 100% fast ailerons in most cases, slightly more rudder than low but way less than high, and slightly more elevator than low rates. Low expo on the low rates and snap rates except for ailerons on snap rate. If I would have only 2 choices, I would have 3d and snap. You cannot really do a snap roll on high rates... Barrels too much. Hope this helps...
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:09 AM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Found this one on my iphone and finally got vimeo to accept it lol.Vimeo has been weird lately and has not been allowing me to post video to it.So anyhow,this is shortly after Chris Got his new Bandit and was "trimming it out" enjoy!
http://vimeo.com/32364743
Great Video Manta! Nice control in those hovers...
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:37 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Great Video Manta! Nice control in those hovers...
thanks! I was kiinda an impromtu video.I looked up and Chris was flying so grabbed my phone and hit record and ran out hehehe.Chris Scoggins,the pilot in this video is PA's newest member of team PA I think,unless theyve added another pilot pretty recently.
We are planning on doing some video shooting with a better camera pretty soon and doing some editing for a mo betta gig.
i personally prefer the "regular guy enjoying flying" type videos too tho versus the "commercial style"Altho Chris is somewhat a freak of nature with how good he is when flying lol,we still just go out and huck.
weve been going to back to back fly ins for several weekends in a row,each with noon demos featuring these planes,shooting video while running/mc'ing fly ins and helping folk setup their planes,etc,prove challenging to get video at the events for us.we are gonna set aside a few days at the field just us for some good shoots.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:43 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,446 Posts
One of the guys at my field was thinking about getting an MX. Then this morning I gave him a fly of the Bandit. I think he's changed his mind. Oops sorry Shaun
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Nov 20, 2011, 03:52 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
I actually think I like the flight character of the mx better than the bandit. But I also have more time on the mx than the bandit, which ain't much on either yet.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:17 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I actually think I like the flight character of the mx better than the bandit. But I also have more time on the mx than the bandit, which ain't much on either yet.
Yet...
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:56 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Hey guys, the official production presentation video of the Bandit is out!!! amazing vid, hope you guys enjoy it!

Precision Aerobatics Bandit Product Presentation (6 min 53 sec)
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor