HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:44 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndWho View Post
Aaah shi...t, there is no free trade within EU.
My order with Braeckman was canceled and my money was returned.
PA monitors this forum and read my post. Then they told Braeckman not to deliver to Sweden as this territory belongs to the Danish dealer. And there are no Bandits in Denmark yet.
Disappointed with EU and PA, no blame on Braeckman.
/A
I don't think you should be disappointed with PA. Obviously they want to sell planes, but they also want to be able to provide world wide service to their customers and the best way to do that is to have a reliable dealer network. Dealers have to pay for stock and in the agreement to become a dealer you are given a designated area. I think they are doing the right thing by both dealers to make them stand by their agreements. Unfortunately it may mean you have to wait a bit longer but I hope you can hang in there.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:31 AM
nerd
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jul 2007
431 Posts
Aha, so monopolies offers better services and prices than free trade and competition.
You learn something every day.....
/A
AndWho is offline Find More Posts by AndWho
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:25 AM
ward cleaver's boy...
waco,texas
Joined May 2008
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
Lol that's a journey of note for a model.

Linköping, Sweden to Aachen, Germany

1263km approx. 12h and 32mins one way!! (Google Earth)
It takes longer than that to get across texas...... I say go for it, besides the drive will do you good. (If you have the time.)
the beave is offline Find More Posts by the beave
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:40 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
or have it shipped as close to you as you can and go get it
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:47 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Chris scoggins flying the precision aerobatics bandit (5 min 38 sec)

That boy was showing out today!!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:49 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
587 Posts
Finishing a red Bandit. Using the iPAs package.

Just finished getting a rough CG check by temporarily placing everything in place as far forward as possible. Looks like it is going to be a challenge to get the 103mm. I really want to get about 90mm since I'm just getting started in these high performance planes. Any suggestions to get the CG forward?

Will mount the esc as forward as possible by lengthening both the servo and battery leads. Noted the manual suggests the servo lead extension. The power leads on the Quantum 45 esc are only ~ 3 1/2" long. That will add a little weight but it will be forward of the CG point.

Will not add weight, unless there is absolutely no other way.

Have a couple issues with the ARF NIB. Right wing had a small, very small, hole in the top covering, about 4" from the wing tip and 1" forward of the aileron hinge. Appears that a factory worker pricked it with an Exacto blade tip. Any ideas on this? I thought I'd put a bullet hole decal over it and keep an eye on it.

Brought this issue to Shaun's attention but there was no resolution.

Left wing has an imperfection (about 3/4" long) in the top covering about 5" from the fuselage and 1" forward of aileron hinge. This appears to be cosmetic. Another bullet hole will fix this!

The cowl white is several shades off the covering white, but what can you expect for $225?

Chris, nice flying....congrats on the appointment.
allelectrik is offline Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:11 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allelectrik View Post
Have a couple issues with the ARF NIB. Right wing had a small, very small, hole in the top covering, about 4" from the wing tip and 1" forward of the aileron hinge. Appears that a factory worker pricked it with an Exacto blade tip. Any ideas on this? I thought I'd put a bullet hole decal over it and keep an eye on it.

Brought this issue to Shaun's attention but there was no resolution.

Left wing has an imperfection (about 3/4" long) in the top covering about 5" from the fuselage and 1" forward of aileron hinge. This appears to be cosmetic. Another bullet hole will fix this!
You should be fine using the decal, or just put some clear tape over it.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:15 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
587 Posts
Thank you
allelectrik is offline Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:25 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
No prob; do be mindful of the area when using a heat gun in the future.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:41 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
working on my blue one and have a question:
After installing the Pins in the motor mount and before gluing, I noticed how much play there is in the fire wall.
ie. I can pull on the mount as if the motor was pulling and the firewall will move forward a good 1/4".
Seems like this is too much play. Does this go away when its glued?
Or should I strengthen the fire wall.

It appears that this could be a failure point as the wood above the motor mount looks like it will easily crack if you strike a prop or something.

thanks
kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:00 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,337 Posts
Is that with the long pin attached as well? I know there is some play in the firewall before glueing everything up but I've never bothered to check how much. Always has been fine on all of my other PA planes as well.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:09 AM
TRETTLOCK
Göppingen
Joined May 2009
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
I used a Vox 12x6. It's pretty fast on 4s, not sure how to quantify it for you though. Maybe 1/3 as fast again as 3s? Anyone else agree?

I didn't fly in wind but the extra weight certainly makes tumbles, snaps etc more "violent". It also makes "big sky" maneuvres really really beautiful. 4s makes me see why Shaun calls it a 3D racer. It's fast but still super accurate, and a fast past followed by a "bank and yank" will see it turn tight and hold it's line with no hint of snap, it really does look like a mini Red Bull racer when doing that stuff.

BTW check the size of your 4s batteries against the specs of the one PA supplies. I had a Turnigy 4s that wouldn't fit far enough forward into the bulkhead to allow me to get the CG right.
How much Ampere needs the 4S Setup?
is the Quantum 45A big enough?
PA what else is offline Find More Posts by PA what else
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:48 AM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA what else View Post
How much Ampere needs the 4S Setup?
is the Quantum 45A big enough?
The Quantum 45 will certainly handle the 4S setup. I have one on my 4S setup and it comes down cool after every flight. Just remember to prop down to a Vox 12x6 when running 4S.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:54 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-OcZ4XTloc

That boy was showing out today!!!
Nice huckin Knievel! Wish I coulda been there. First one I've missed in a coue of years.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:11 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
We had a good time Matt.. WIsh you would have made it.. Like most years.. We went to fly for them.. We flew WAy more than they did..
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines