to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:32 PM
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople View Post
Blue appears to be the popular color...
I went back and forth between the blue and the green for a little bit,the green is pretty darn cool. But this shade of blue is really nice.
Mingus The Red is offline Find More Posts by Mingus The Red
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:36 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
So for those not using PA batteries, what are you planning on using?

I have a couple choices, both spec heavier than the PA. Turnigy 2200's and Rhino 2350's. Initally planning on 3s, but want to try a 4s to see it blast through the sky....

kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:

I have a couple choices, both spec heavier than the PA. Turnigy 2200's and Rhino 2350's. Initally planning on 3s, but want to try a 4s to see it blast through the sky....

kirby
Have been impressed with the progressive Rc "spyder" black widow series 2200 25c packs for awhile now.(186g) No puffing,hardly warm,no problems at all. Very happy with these. Also Started trying some SKy Lipo 2200 30c lately as well.(194g) Good results again,(and they were 20 bucks cheaper,but now recently about the same as most others) though haven't used them as long as the progressive rc stuff. I dont even use alot of my other batteries after I found these two companies. They blow nearly all of of my other batteries from other companies out of the water. Kinda sealed the deal of my bandit package purchase,as I have so many of these batteries already for other stuff.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:14 PM
3D crash test dummy
Little Rock, Arkansas
Joined Mar 2010
190 Posts
Quote:

kirby
Gens Ace 4s 2200's and 3s 2200's from HOBBYPARTZ
gmarisiv is offline Find More Posts by gmarisiv
Last edited by gmarisiv; Sep 21, 2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: had wrong info
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:51 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,749 Posts
The only batteries I am using now are 70c and 90c Nano-Tech Turnigey batteries from HK.

They have held up incredibly well to my abuse and no swelling either. On top of the very high discharge rates, these batteries are capable of 10s charge rates! That means I can charge at up to 22.2 amps with my 24v power supply and my Super Duo 3 Hyperion charger, I max out at 20 amps however that will still fully balance charge a battery in about 8 mins.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:08 PM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined Oct 2007
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by higcell View Post
Yea thats it can you please do a bandit one?
I third the motion, it was a beauty. I can’t promise anything right now because there is another Bandit video in the pipeline of the Reflex Film studio, but with this sort of encouragement, I recon we could see a sequel. Maybe “Special Delivery 2 – The Bandit” ?
OSOFAM is offline Find More Posts by OSOFAM
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:08 PM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2006
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
The only batteries I am using now are 70c and 90c Nano-Tech Turnigey batteries from HK.

They have held up incredibly well to my abuse and no swelling either. On top of the very high discharge rates, these batteries are capable of 10s charge rates! That means I can charge at up to 22.2 amps with my 24v power supply and my Super Duo 3 Hyperion charger, I max out at 20 amps however that will still fully balance charge a battery in about 8 mins.
I like!!!!
Datman is offline Find More Posts by Datman
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:03 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Quote:

kirby
Kirby,

I'm using Hyperion VX packs and the new Thunder Power 65c packs in my other electrics - including my PA Extra. The Hyp packs are rated for a 5c charge, and the new TP 65c packs are rated for a 12c charge. Hyperion claims 300+ cycles with no loss of performance. Most of my Hyp packs are over three years old, and most have over 300 cycles on them @ 5c charge. Static RPM tests show that they're still very healthy, and none of them show any signs of swelling. TP claims 600 cycles with no loss of performance. The TP packs are performing very well, but none of them have even hit the 50 cycle mark yet - so, it's much too early to assess their longevity.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:42 AM
Australia, VIC, Yallambie
Joined Aug 2009
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOFAM View Post
I third the motion, it was a beauty. I can’t promise anything right now because there is another Bandit video in the pipeline of the Reflex Film studio, but with this sort of encouragement, I recon we could see a sequel. Maybe “Special Delivery 2 – The Bandit” ?
Yeah DO IT!!!
higcell is offline Find More Posts by higcell
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Nov 2008
222 Posts
FWIW -many of the build processes in the Bandit are similar to the special delivery video - so you can still use that as a reference. That video took me over a week of near full time work to complete - so i wont be doing another one in the near future.
if you count the number of shots and edits in there you will get to a big number very quickly...

In Fact there is probably less building on the Bandit than in the Special delivery edit- due to some very kind pre-hinging work designed in by Shaun, and the ball and clevis links supplied

And the larger frame makes the tricky areas easier to access.
Reflex Films is offline Find More Posts by Reflex Films
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:21 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,749 Posts
Quote:

kirby
I will add that I have had poor experience with TP batteries and generally stay away from their product. I maintain all of my batteries on a high end charger, yet the TPs still swell worse than any other packs I have ever used.

I must admit, I have not tried their newest generation of 65c batteries, but I have had numerous batteries from them up to the 45c packs... after swelling several of the 45c 2650mAh batteries, I gave up on them completely.

...it is nice to read that Turbo's TP packs have held up well, but even he points out they have not had much use.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:23 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex Films View Post
FWIW -many of the build processes in the Bandit are similar to the special delivery video - so you can still use that as a reference. That video took me over a week of near full time work to complete - so i wont be doing another one in the near future.
if you count the number of shots and edits in there you will get to a big number very quickly...

In Fact there is probably less building on the Bandit than in the Special delivery edit- due to some very kind pre-hinging work designed in by Shaun, and the ball and clevis links supplied

And the larger frame makes the tricky areas easier to access.
Reflex~ What are you using for editing software? Everything came together so well. No doubt you have some man hours into that vid; thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joined Nov 2008
222 Posts
Final Cut pro

however its not the software that makes a video
- its the idea -
Special Delivery could have been cut on windows movie maker for windows or imovie (it just would have taken a lot longer )
Reflex Films is offline Find More Posts by Reflex Films
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:30 PM
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex Films View Post
Final Cut pro

however its not the software that makes a video
- its the idea -
Special Delivery could have been cut on windows movie maker for windows or imovie (it just would have taken a lot longer )

Agreed. And kudos. Twas a fine job!