HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:55 AM
Ticlet
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
Got mine yesterday wings done servos mounted gear on just need to hook up motor ESC and cowl and glue on the stabs, should be be ready for the maiden flight on Sat. I got the yellow one though it should have been called Mango.
Ticlet is offline Find More Posts by Ticlet
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:20 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Ordered a blue one yesterday! Looking forward to it...
Hopefully I get the other two off the build table to make room
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:50 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allelectrik View Post
Daniel,

Have a red one arriving Monday. Going to fly it 3S to start. Any build hints? Does PA recommend reinforcing the motor mount as they do the AMR? Want to make it strong for 4S later.

Nice video....one of these days I hope to fly as smooth as you!!
Thanks!!, no need to reinforce anything, if the kit brings a fiberglass cloth for the plane you can do it and have peace of mind for the entire life of the plane! This plane is super strong! I think the most important points is to make sure you take your time to do everything right, other than that, this is one of the easiest to assemble PA planes ever, no pull pull to mess with, pushrods with clevises and ball links! big canopy hatch for easy access to battery!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:50 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp.stumpy View Post
Nice Vid as always Dan!

To be honest i think every IPA should contain an original Daniel Dominguez sun hat!!!!

Shaun u read?

Have fun...

Greetings from Germany

Marcel
LOL Marcel, thats funny thanks
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:02 AM
Huntsville, AL.
Joined Jul 2008
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex Films View Post
First flight video and review / interview with team Pilot Dave Boyd.

http://vimeo.com/28641907
Very Nice video! Love the slow mo you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Ok guys, here is my newest video of the Bandit, this are my first flights here with 4S, so still took it a bit easy, but more videos coming for sure i LOVE mine with 4S! I think this really makes the plane fit my style completely, it is FAST and capable of slow stuff too!! I can't wait to do more videos to show this!

http://www.vimeo.com/28627649
Dan, Awesome! Simply the best!
J Charles is offline Find More Posts by J Charles
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:16 PM
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Got mine shipped out today. Smooth experience with the company. Easy checkout,good email communication. And got a ship confirm the next day with the tracking number. Nice Job guys! Got her in blue with the 11.1v ipa package. I already have a ton of these batteries layin around,(As most probably do.) And that is a nice little perk.
And I love the fact that bumpin her up to 4s only requires a prop change.
Kicks ass.
Mingus The Red is offline Find More Posts by Mingus The Red
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:17 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,564 Posts
Thanks J. Charles!

Congrats Mingus! The Blue bandit looks awesome! i think the blue is the best flying bandit and i agree being able to change to 4S just by propping down rocks!!
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:00 PM
Norge, Nordland, Bodø
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
http://www.vimeo.com/28627649

Thanks guys! happy everyone liked the video! it is the iPAs 4S Xtreme setup, with the T40, Q45 and Vox 12x6 and PA 14.8v 2200 packs, it pulls around 45 amps at full throttle, so no need for a bigger esc! the Q45 Pro handles it just perfectly!

Xtraquick, i have to say that it is not the plane, but actually me, i was flying in places i didnt now, and i didnt feel so comfortable with the fields, so i took it a bit easier than usual, i will do a new video of the bandit with 4s, when i get a bit more flights on it, at my home field!
DAMN!!! Thats wild.
Can't wait to test it when it comes to Norway (earliest Nov.)
You are the best, Dan
Geir1234 is offline Find More Posts by Geir1234
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:01 PM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined Oct 2007
327 Posts
Great video Dan. Absolutely unbelievable control. I have to agree that the blue one does seem to fly well.

I think it is time I bit the bullet (Pun intended LOL) and bought a little puller for the prop adaptor to make prop changes easy. I have been getting by with just kind of levering the adaptor off, but it’s not the best way to do it.
OSOFAM is offline Find More Posts by OSOFAM
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:18 AM
GPT
Sydney,Australia
Joined Dec 2004
1,601 Posts
I noticed a problem in the build which should be checked during installation of the motor. There are 2 balsa triangle braces at the top and bottom of the engine mount. On mine these are preventing the motor from seating against the mount properly. Double check as some trimming of the triangles might be required before the motor will mount correctly.

Also has anyone noticed a gap between the front of the left wing and fuselage. Mine has a approx a 4mm gap that I can't get rid of. Shaun will this be a issue?
GPT is offline Find More Posts by GPT
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:45 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
928 Posts
GPT, can you post some more photos of your building progress? If anyone else is building the Bandit, all photos are greatly appreciated!

To try to pinpoint the problem with the wing, have you tried to install the right wing upside down to the left? There's some possible reasons for the gap:

1) The wing tube inside the left wing is not straight (unlikely as it must go through laser cut ribs)
2) The wing root is not where it should be (compare the wings - do their shape match?)
3) The tube inside the fuselage is not straight. This should cause problems with the right wing as well...
Finnspeed is online now Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
Has RR popped up in this thread yet? Does anyone know if he is doing a build log on the Malaysian threads?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:17 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
OMG, this is so badass!!! And my birthday is the 27th! Sweet! I think I'll add this to the list. I'm getting a foamie and another plane. This may be it!
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:34 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Ahhh, I can't buy the orange one!!!! It's not even available in the drop down menu.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think that's the yellow one.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:57 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT View Post
I noticed a problem in the build which should be checked during installation of the motor. There are 2 balsa triangle braces at the top and bottom of the engine mount. On mine these are preventing the motor from seating against the mount properly. Double check as some trimming of the triangles might be required before the motor will mount correctly.

Also has anyone noticed a gap between the front of the left wing and fuselage. Mine has a approx a 4mm gap that I can't get rid of. Shaun will this be a issue?

Yes a bit of trimming to the balsa triangles will work (mainly in the center) with a modeling knife as there is no spare room in the Bandit (in order to keep it as rigid as possible). Careful with the modeling knife not to notch the firewall while trimming the balsa! Do it slowly with a sharp blade.

Regarding the wing gap, please follow the instructions on the wing attachment (page 15) as I have noted the steps down while writing the manual.

I have decided to keep a tight tolerance in the wing fitting for the integrity of the airframe under loads but that has a downside to it since it requires a bit of attention from the customer although, some easy steps to be done in order to get a perfect fit.

I wasn’t ready to compromise on the fitting even though there was an easy solution to it (a tad shorter wing tube with lighter fit)

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is online now Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor