Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
Oh, ps.. I say toy, but any hobby items of mine are toys. Even all my guns. So don't take that literally. Lol
Yikes! Scary mentality; do you have children in your household?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:41 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
How so? I go to the range and enjoy a day of shooting. I enjoy reloading ammo to make more precise hand made ammunition. I would call myself a professional competitor level shooter (however, you don't need to be one to be a part of this hobby)

No kids in the house, and ha ing kids doesn't mean I will go sell all my guns. Just because I have them doesn't make it a hazardous environment. All are properly taken care of.

Anyways, I really don't wanna turn this into a gun thread now

I just looked at the electric shock, probably better off with that as a starter. It's just that can't stand those single plane designs. I would really prefer an actual fuselage. But I think learning is made much easier on those 2D style fuselages.
razorseal is offline Find More Posts by razorseal
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:15 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
I am not here to talk guns either; but planes (like guns) are inherently dangerous and IMO should not be considered toys.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:43 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I am not here to talk guns either; but planes (like guns) are inherently dangerous and IMO should not be considered toys.
It's just what I call them bud. I also have a gaming rig for computer stuff. That's my toy as well. So is my iPod. And my corvette. All my toys

It's like I call my lady 'baby' she is most def not a baby. Just what I call her.

Consider it a nickname I guess.

They aren't toys, a toy is the stuff they sell at the toy aisle at walmart. It's just what I call them.

Anyways...

With lowered ratios and expo would you guys consider this something comparable to the edge maybe?
Last edited by razorseal; Sep 04, 2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:04 PM
Australia, VIC, Yallambie
Joined Aug 2009
436 Posts
Quote:
I love this plane.

I came here for future reference regarding good starter 3D planes. Now I don't know if this is a 'starter' plane. But it looks loke it can fill 2 roles.

Would this be a good plane to learn 3D in?

Not anytime soon. I'm still having too much fun with scale planes, bit probaly a toy for '12 (great bday gift for April!)

Oh, ps.. I say toy, but any hobby items of mine are toys. Even all my guns. So don't take that literally. Lol
Addiction X
higcell is offline Find More Posts by higcell
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:35 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
That plane looks decent at least. It's like half and half. Lol
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:59 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Yes Addiction X or if size is a concern then Addiction. I would probably choose these over the Electric Shock. Addiction X is by far the easiest to fly and 3d.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Sep 04, 2011, 05:43 PM
ward cleaver's boy...
waco,texas
Joined May 2008
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
You are a troll......
the beave is offline Find More Posts by the beave
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:03 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
Quote:

Consider it a nickname I guess.

They aren't toys, a toy is the stuff they sell at the toy aisle at walmart. It's just what I call them.
That makes far more sense to me; I think we are on the same page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beave View Post
You are a troll......
Thanks beave; all your informative input throughout this thread has been very much appreciated.

Razor~ to answer your question, I would have to agree with Higcell and Mr. K in that I believe the Addiction X would give you the best platform to learn 3D on.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2011, 12:54 AM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
I like the size of that addiction X.

is the addiction and and the X pretty much similar in flight, except the size?

I do like bigger stuff.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 01:27 AM
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braeckman View Post
Jakub

have a check on the linkage...we have found that the Bandit is very sensitive when the servos do not center well...not because the servos are "bad" but because there is not enough clearance at the horn (the hole for the little screw was much too tight on the first flight...that was the reason for the "strange" behaviour on landing)...just an idea

Reg. 4S..forget it....there is really too much power for the plane...it's not really fun!
Alvin
Hi Alvin,

thanks for the tip. However we have used ball-links on both ends of the linkage so that is not it unfortunately.

Jakub
Cuba is offline Find More Posts by Cuba
Old Sep 05, 2011, 05:02 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Quote:

I do like bigger stuff.
The Addiction is easy to 3d, the Addiction X is ridiculously easy to 3d. If you can the Addy X is the way to go.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Sep 05, 2011, 07:41 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
Yes Addiction X or if size is a concern then Addiction. I would probably choose these over the Electric Shock. Addiction X is by far the easiest to fly and 3d.
I agree too....
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:55 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braeckman View Post
Jakub

have a check on the linkage...we have found that the Bandit is very sensitive when the servos do not center well...not because the servos are "bad" but because there is not enough clearance at the horn (the hole for the little screw was much too tight on the first flight...that was the reason for the "strange" behaviour on landing)...just an idea

Reg. 4S..forget it....there is really too much power for the plane...it's not really fun!Alvin

Alvin you should allow yourself more time on the sticks with the 4s setup.

As Cuba said, correctly, this plane has tons of potential to be explored. That requires a little more time to get use to.

In fact the Bandit (even though a 50" plane) offers wider flight envelope than many 50cc planes out there! It is a very capable plane and does fly differently on 3s compared to 4s but before making a final decision (if at all as i fly and will keep on flying both setups) allow yourself extra time getting use to both otherwise you will miss some of the flight envelope this plane has to offer.

For me, going super fast and precise aerobatics is a joy ride that shouldn’t be skipped

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:51 PM
Australia, VIC, Yallambie
Joined Aug 2009
436 Posts
Quote:

I do like bigger stuff.
My first PA plane was the Addiction, then the AMR, then Adx and now ive just built my first e-shock. Im glad I did them in that order but if could do it again knowing what I know now.....ADX would be my first choice its the best all round plane to do 3d.
higcell is offline Find More Posts by higcell