HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:21 AM
Precision Aerob's Avatar
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
I haven't had any issues with mine yet, but I'm expecting to. While it makes the Bandit look good, they need a new design that is more full-proof. It's sad when even the PA team pilots have the issue (one person going through 3 spinners) and nothing is done.
which of the team pilots had an issue? We didn't have any issues with the spinner.

And for a better grip on the Bandit and KMX (having a more complicated cowl design that requires longer collet) i have re-designed the prop adapters and so far we sold at least ten thousand with no issues at all. The new adapter has more grip on the longer motor shaft (was modified as well to accommodate the adapter change), so we are doing things to refine our gear. Not necessarily that we advertise each and every modification

Thanks
Shaun,
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:35 AM
Registered User
pilot_keeter's Avatar
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob View Post
which of the team pilots had an issue? We didn't have any issues with the spinner.

And for a better grip on the Bandit and KMX (having a more complicated cowl design that requires longer collet) i have re-designed the prop adapters and so far we sold at least ten thousand with no issues at all. The new adapter has more grip on the longer motor shaft (was modified as well to accommodate the adapter change), so we are doing things to refine our gear. Not necessarily that we advertise each and every modification

Thanks
Shaun,
Precision Aerobatics Team

Understandable. And I didn't mean to seem untrusting of the spinner, I just know that others have had problems. If you must know... Chris told me in person that he had issues with his Bandit spinner a number of times. This may have been before the modifications or parts upgrads though.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:56 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
Luke, if you're finding your Bandit very pitch sensitive try moving your CG forward in small increments. Your Bandit sounds like it is on the tail heavy side.

dG
Nope I fly mostly on the nose heavy side, only time i'll head towards the back of the CofG range is on the those rare days when the wind isn't blowing, otherwise on the normal days when it's windy it just gets knocked off line to easy and feels very unsettled on the downwind runs. I've already experienced a high speed stall on downwind once, on a windy day whilst flying downwind the nose snapped over hard and the Bandit was heading straight to the ground and I had no response to up elevator, so I went for down elevator pushing it over till I had it level again but inverted and heading somewhat more up wind. I just guided it down to the ground and put it down gently in the long grass as I thought I may have had some sort of control linkage failure, but aircraft and linkages were fine.
luke352 is offline Find More Posts by luke352
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:58 PM
Registered User
gtoguy's Avatar
USA, CA, Healdsburg
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
I did notice a small warp in the elevator - probably 2mm overall. Anybody think this might have have an impact on pitch sensitivity? One of the pros at my club suggested that I put a counter-warp on it and hit it with a heat gun or an iron. I'll give it a try.
gtoguy is online now Find More Posts by gtoguy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:36 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
72 Posts
the correction would work perfectly, but don't do it with a gun (even it's Bandit..)...only with an iron..with an iron you can better control the effect
Jonathan(France)
lecaidduvol is offline Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:50 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,537 Posts
Do you want to be a PA team pilot?

Precision Aerobatics is now expanding its' team. We are looking for experienced pilots interested in becoming a part of our US team. Product knowledge means as much as flying ability. If you enjoy flying, building or just helping others, please send a resume with links to your flying videos and your contact info to Jim@precisionaerobatics.com and Daniel@precisionaerobatics.com
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:23 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Mr Kamikaze's Avatar
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,393 Posts
Wow! what a great thing to do. Can't wait to see how the team expands and you guys keep building in the new direction.

Cheers
Brett
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:48 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Rockville
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
I searched for this first but did not find an answer. Im installing the VGs and all are a perfect fit except for the ones on the corners. The front and rear tabs are lined up 100% flush with the corner airfoil but there is a slight 2mm gap between the center tab and the wing airfoil. Is this normal or should i sand the front and back of the corner vgs to make it perfectly flush. Tia guys.
aquaanox is offline Find More Posts by aquaanox
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:12 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
demonGti's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaanox View Post
I searched for this first but did not find an answer. Im installing the VGs and all are a perfect fit except for the ones on the corners. The front and rear tabs are lined up 100% flush with the corner airfoil but there is a slight 2mm gap between the center tab and the wing airfoil. Is this normal or should i sand the front and back of the corner vgs to make it perfectly flush. Tia guys.
Its acceptable to not have an absolute perfect flush fit because when you run a bead of epoxy there it will seal up the gap. You can spend some time sanding the VG to try make the fit flesh but its really not necessary.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
117 Posts
Maddened her yesterday. It was a bit breezy but she flew good. A bit pitchy so I am going to join the group that adds a bit of weight in the nose as I had the battery all the was into the motor support. Barely enough left outside to Velcro. We will see how she does next week.
I am not doing 3d yet so I would likely be better off a bit on the nose heavy side.
Willie T is offline Find More Posts by Willie T
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:21 AM
if pigs could fly!
RyoOhki1701's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,236 Posts
Joining the Bandit crowd - just added the final touch by applying a few stickers, I like a decoration lean and clean Also, replaced the wheels by some with slightly larger diameter and took off the wheelpants for grass flying. I did the same as a guy at my field with a Katana MD.

Powered by Thrust 40 / Quantum 45 combo and an APC 13"x6,5". Got an easy balance with 3S 2450mAh / 30C batteries, still plenty of room left for fine tuning the CG.

(in case you wonder, the Bandit sticker on the wing came all dirty from fingerprints out of the box, so I just ripped it off).

now the thing looks so aggressive by itself on the table it gets me a little anxious about the maiden As others report I may be advancing the CG just a tad bit for the first flights. This is my first high grade kit so I'd look silly totalling it on its first day out.
RyoOhki1701 is offline Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
demonGti's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,019 Posts
Looking sharp... although a little odd with no shoes on! Good luck with your maiden.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:59 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Rockville
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
Joining the Bandit crowd - just added the final touch by applying a few stickers, I like a decoration lean and clean Also, replaced the wheels by some with slightly larger diameter and took off the wheelpants for grass flying. I did the same as a guy at my field with a Katana MD.

Powered by Thrust 40 / Quantum 45 combo and an APC 13"x6,5". Got an easy balance with 3S 2450mAh / 30C batteries, still plenty of room left for fine tuning the CG.

(in case you wonder, the Bandit sticker on the wing came all dirty from fingerprints out of the box, so I just ripped it off).

now the thing looks so aggressive by itself on the table it gets me a little anxious about the maiden As others report I may be advancing the CG just a tad bit for the first flights. This is my first high grade kit so I'd look silly totalling it on its first day out.
Interesting. That bandit sticker was dirty on my kit too. First mod i did was remove it
aquaanox is offline Find More Posts by aquaanox
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:54 PM
Registered User
United States, MN, Waconia
Joined Mar 2011
193 Posts
You won't total it man, you'll be fine. Mine was a little twitchy at first, but these planes fly like something else.
kanans is offline Find More Posts by kanans
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:33 PM
if pigs could fly!
RyoOhki1701's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,236 Posts
kanans, I'm happy to report you were absolutely right. Very sweet bird, snappy, flying on rails, and extremely well mannered. Four flights and she made it home in one piece.

One thing though, I'm thinking of replacing the metal gear screws with nylon, and maybe switch to more squishy wheels as well (I can live with a few more grams). No matter of softly I land her, I feel the assembly is far too rigid and doesn't absorb the impact so well.
RyoOhki1701 is offline Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Official thread / Video just posted!!! aerofundan 3D Flying 4885 Yesterday 10:31 PM
Discussion Anyone else wish Precision Aerobatics would make a larger electric 3D monoplane! Neil_SC 3D Flying 19 Sep 24, 2014 11:14 AM
Wanted Precision Aerobatics Katana MD or Precision Aerobatics Mini Katana mixer911 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jul 16, 2009 12:52 PM
Found 3d hobbyshop/precision aerobatics/greatplanes**3d yak/suk/katana/edge/extra helifryer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 May 20, 2009 09:13 PM
Discussion Precision Aerobatics How To Series, 3D Aerobatics & Repair Guide aerofundan 3D Flying 22 Jan 03, 2009 09:52 AM