HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:35 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Nov 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemkes_wolfpack View Post
Evan,

I recommend finishing the build and flying it as-is. The small amount you are off should not affect the flying that much. If anything you have slightly increased the tail moment.
One issue you may have is that the pushrod won't be long enough to hookup the elevator. Let us know if you have any issues in this area.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Precision Aerobatics USA Support
Ok thanks so much. It is very nice to know that PA provides support all over the place even if not directly contacted. If there is a problem, I will let you know. Thanks again.
Evant28 is offline Find More Posts by Evant28
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:29 PM
United States, MD, Rockville
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Hey guys - gonna order this one which is easier to spot in the sky.. the green or the blue ? (not interested in yellow or red -- cuz everything ive got is yellow and red!)..
And... im gonna buy the IPA drive pack with the bling pack.. Do i need to buy the ac-2123 adapter separately ??

im also thinking about getting the Hyperion DS11AMBs over the HS-5065MGs

cheers
aquaanox is offline Find More Posts by aquaanox
Last edited by aquaanox; Jan 22, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2012
18 Posts
I only own a red bandit but I would probably think that green would be an easier plane to see because the sky is blue and a blue plane might blend in.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:30 PM
United States, MD, Rockville
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evant28 View Post
I only own a red bandit but I would probably think that green would be an easier plane to see because the sky is blue and a blue plane might blend in.
hehe doh ........... the blue and red both look cool though.. decisions decisions!!
aquaanox is offline Find More Posts by aquaanox
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:04 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
I have the blue and haven't had any issues. I love the metallic blue sharpness.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:35 PM
Team Hitec
United States, IN, Winamac
Joined Jan 2006
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaanox View Post
Hey guys - gonna order this one which is easier to spot in the sky.. the green or the blue ? (not interested in yellow or red -- cuz everything ive got is yellow and red!)..
And... im gonna buy the IPA drive pack with the bling pack.. Do i need to buy the ac-2123 adapter separately ??

im also thinking about getting the Hyperion DS11AMBs over the HS-5065MGs

cheers
The prop adapter comes with the drive package. One thing I would recommend adding is the Vox 14x7 for a 3S setup or Vox 12x6 for 4S setup if you haven't already planned on doing so.

We look forward to helping you out.If you have any question please don't hesitate to contact us.

You can't go wrong with either of the colors. I thought the blue would be difficult to see but it really isn't.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Precision Aerobatics USA
zemkes_wolfpack is offline Find More Posts by zemkes_wolfpack
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaanox View Post
hehe doh ........... the blue and red both look cool though.. decisions decisions!!
Yes lol, just pointing out the obvious.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:53 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
I believe the thin carbon layer on my battery tray is beginning to come up off the tray under my battery. Doesn't look like an easy thing to glue. Should this be okay to leave alone? I have carpet grip tape on top and use a velcro strap.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:38 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
I believe the thin carbon layer on my battery tray is beginning to come up off the tray under my battery. Doesn't look like an easy thing to glue. Should this be okay to leave alone? I have carpet grip tape on top and use a velcro strap.
I would not worry to much about it. I had this happen to my MX and a little bit of thin CA was enough to fix it. The strap does most of the work, especially if it is around the carbon tubes that support the landing gear.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:16 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
If its just beginning to come off a bit of thin CA will fix it easily... if it came off completely you can glue it with epoxy and that way you will have time to position it properly.
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:38 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,315 Posts
Once when trying to pull velcro off my battery tray, I did pull off the CF plate on my X. As they said, it just glued right back on and no one could ever tell.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:32 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,681 Posts
Hammerheads

Hammerheads - does your Bandit do them well? Mine doesn't, and I'd like to try to improve the situation, if at all possible.

It understeers, quite literally. Even full rudder deflection isn't enough to make the plane complete its turn and point its nose downward. Instead, once I cut the throttle and slam the rudder over at the top of an upline, my Bandit yaws say 45 degrees, then runs out of momentum and starts falling backward while still pointing at the sky.

The tail servos are HS-65MGs with the long carbon arms. Full deflection on the rudder means practically touching the elevator - its maxed out. 3S, Vox 14x7, "official" powertrain , no damage or repairs anywhere.

If anyone's got suggestions, I'm all ears, particularly if your Bandit does hammerheads well.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:26 AM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,262 Posts
Put a way bigger battery in it, lol. I suspect the issue simply comes down to lacking the mass to keep it moving combined with an airframe that is designed to be able to slow quickly, means it simply slows down way to fast and as a result doesn't have any airflow over the rudder to keep it yawing over. Maybe instead of cutting or coming down to idle you come down to fairly fast idle to keep some airflow over the rudder at least until the noise is starting to point down somewhat.
luke352 is online now Find More Posts by luke352
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:12 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Hammerheads - does your Bandit do them well? Mine doesn't, and I'd like to try to improve the situation, if at all possible.

It understeers, quite literally. Even full rudder deflection isn't enough to make the plane complete its turn and point its nose downward. Instead, once I cut the throttle and slam the rudder over at the top of an upline, my Bandit yaws say 45 degrees, then runs out of momentum and starts falling backward while still pointing at the sky.

The tail servos are HS-65MGs with the long carbon arms. Full deflection on the rudder means practically touching the elevator - its maxed out. 3S, Vox 14x7, "official" powertrain , no damage or repairs anywhere.

If anyone's got suggestions, I'm all ears, particularly if your Bandit does hammerheads well.
Hammerheads are not a zero power move. You reduce power on the upline until the plane slows then apply rudder. But definitely do mine with some power on.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:07 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Yup, you basically let it "stall" and then apply rudder and a bit of power so the propwash helps "kick" it down..... all planes are different, but for the bandit this technique applies and it does beautiful hammerheads!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor