HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Hi Pilot, what happens is they don't have any scrap pieces of covering to send, they only have full rolls, the only extra pieces is the one you receive in the airplane box.... But if you want, definately send the suggestion to start having scrap pieces to info@precisionaerobatics.com
I understand that they don't keep stuff like that around, its just the principal of solid customer service to me. After spending $600+ on my Bandit alone I just feel that they could throw me a bone now and again. Not to mention all of the known and unknown issues experienced by Bandit owners. Example: my horizontal stab, the carbon fiber spinner issues, etc.

I'm expecting this plane to be a fantastic flyer and I just wish fantastic customer service came with it. Yet any set-up or general product questions I've ever had has been handled well.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Dec 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
On all aerobatic planes, if you give the right elevator input it will SNAP or Tip stall!, the trick is to setup dual rates, a low and high for all control surfaces, but the most important for this situation is the elevator, setup your low rate so it is between 12 - 15 degrees of elevator MAX!, what i do on my planes to make sure it won't snap when using full elevator is to adjust it on low rates and lower the travel until it doesnt snap anymore! THen on your high rates you want 40 - 50 degrees minimum of elevator throw, Remember high rates is just for 3D stuff! When you do a wall use FULL elevator, i can guarantee you 100% that it will NOT snap or tip stall. Its hard to explain but there seems to be a point between 20 to 40 degrees of elevator that every single aerobatic plane will tip stall!! Anyway the Bandit is an amazing plane! it has a very powerful tail so thats why you are feeling the effect of the elevator a bit too much i think.....

your right. .... and it's not bad or violent at all.. only noticed it when in upright high alpha flight n then going into quick tight loop it wants to do it
Walls are awesome on this plane and its a blast to fly. Got a few more flights on it today and enjoying the out of it...!
flybri is offline Find More Posts by flybri
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,254 Posts
The AMR doesn't snap like that hehehe But I have also found that on my other planes.My Slick has quite a nasty snap to it aswell.and as Dan said,it's that 20-40 deg range that it does it.below or above it does not happen.
The Bandit is one of the nicest tracking planes and on 4s becomes an animal(not that I own one,but a mate does)
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:53 AM
United Kingdom, Cullompton
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
Santa has promised me a nice red Bandit for Christmas. What are the recommended servos for the Bandit? Need to get them on order so that I have them in time for some festive building!

Cheers

Mark
mrbeacham68 is offline Find More Posts by mrbeacham68
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,001 Posts
I put Hyperion DS09-AMDs in the tail of mine. They're stronger than HS65MGs, but a bit lighter, which helps with CG. Turnigy D-MG16 in the wings. They appear to be a Power HD clone. Only a couple of flights so no real assessment yet, but eveyrthing is smooth and centring is good all round. BTW, the Hyperions come with their own 3D arms.
scirocco is offline Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:33 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeacham68 View Post
Santa has promised me a nice red Bandit for Christmas. What are the recommended servos for the Bandit? Need to get them on order so that I have them in time for some festive building!

Cheers

Mark
Voltec VTS70MG, or Hitec HS65MG.
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:58 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,202 Posts
Dan, have you tried this ship with digital servos? I have been switching my ships over as funds become available...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Team Hitec, Team PA
United States, IN, Winamac
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Dan, have you tried this ship with digital servos? I have been switching my ships over as funds become available...
We have been flying a Bandit with 5065MG's and it is a noticable improvement over the analogs.

Jim
Team PA
zemkes_wolfpack is offline Find More Posts by zemkes_wolfpack
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:35 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,202 Posts
good to hear you also had positive experience. I would highly recommended to those doing new builds.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, Crawley
Joined Nov 2011
95 Posts
Im using the Savox SH-0257 Micro Size High Speed Digital Servo and they are really good and a perfect fit and very quick. i really love the bandit only had 4 flight on it so far and im itching for more what a nice plane to fly
matthew_herbe is offline Find More Posts by matthew_herbe
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
United Kingdom, Cullompton
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
I've got 4 5065MGs lying around so I'll be fitting them to my new Bandit.
mrbeacham68 is offline Find More Posts by mrbeacham68
Last edited by mrbeacham68; Dec 14, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cape Town
Joined Oct 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeacham68 View Post

Cheers

Mark
Dare I say I use Corona MG 929's in mine. They get replaced when they accumulate too much slop.
masehare is offline Find More Posts by masehare
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Got my horizontal within 3mm of either side. Rudder went on with no issues other than the rudder itself being 3mm or so behind the vertical stab (not flush at the leading edge where they meet). Got the servos in okay and even though it says you don't need to, I put some thin CA into the screw holes.

I have a question before setting up my links. Can you use the outer arm holes as I did with my ailerons? Or do you HAVE to use the inner holes? I want to make sure so that I don't make the same mistake with these pushrods that I did with the aileron ones.

Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
Got my horizontal within 3mm of either side. Rudder went on with no issues other than the rudder itself being 3mm or so behind the vertical stab (not flush at the leading edge where they meet). Got the servos in okay and even though it says you don't need to, I put some thin CA into the screw holes.

I have a question before setting up my links. Can you use the outer arm holes as I did with my ailerons? Or do you HAVE to use the inner holes? I want to make sure so that I don't make the same mistake with these pushrods that I did with the aileron ones.

Thanks
The holes on the carbon arms are at about 17mm and 21mm radius. The plastic servo arms I am using for rudder and elevator, I had at about 18mm and had to reduce tx endpoints to stop servo buzz at max surfac travel. Now I've moved the pushrods in a hole I'm getting full surface throw at a servo arm radius about 16mm. Moving my pushrods entailed only a few units subtrim

If you use the outer holes, you may have to reduce tx endpoints, which reduces servo resolution and accuracy compared to reducing the throw mechanically.
scirocco is offline Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The holes on the carbon arms are at about 17mm and 21mm radius. The plastic servo arms I am using for rudder and elevator, I had at about 18mm and had to reduce tx endpoints to stop servo buzz at max surfac travel. Now I've moved the pushrods in a hole I'm getting full surface throw at a servo arm radius about 16mm. Moving my pushrods entailed only a few units subtrim

If you use the outer holes, you may have to reduce tx endpoints, which reduces servo resolution and accuracy compared to reducing the throw mechanically.
hmm. The issue that another Bandit owner had (and the reason why I moved to outer for ailerons) was the ball link end hitting the end of the plastic arm when in the inner hole. It didn't have free travel all the way.

Look at my post #2667 and the replies after and see what you think.
Last edited by pilot_keeter; Dec 14, 2012 at 07:05 PM.