SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2009
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaidduvol View Post
dlafrance

go with here out for a nice dinner...you just say that this is because you saved the money on the Bandit..perhaps it will make things easier when one day you want to m get your KMX...

That's the way a french guy would do...

Congratulation...
Jonathan (France)
Thanks Jonathan, you did notice my last name, I am french.
dlafrance is offline Find More Posts by dlafrance
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:11 PM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_herbe View Post
Hi guys.

wondered if anyone could help. i just got the bandit but have gone with Savox servos. does anyone know what the length is of the cf servo arms as i did not get those. i just want to make sure i select the correct arms to give me the best amount of throw.

thanks in advance
If your TX has travel and end point adjustment tweaking capabilities, then a servo arm of around 18mm (center screw hole to clevis connection hole as it measures on my setup) should get you all the throw needed for Ailerons and Elevator. Otherwise you'll probably need to add another 4mm or 5mm.
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Last edited by 3DeltaFly; Nov 06, 2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:20 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2009
113 Posts
Garbage; never again. Their build quality is just terrible. Zero QA in their environment. Have you ever built anything from General Hobby? Hope not because its terrible. PA is the same; just terrible...
bobmixon is offline Find More Posts by bobmixon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:22 AM View Post
bobmixon
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while bobmixon edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:23 AM View Post
bobmixon
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while bobmixon edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:39 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmixon View Post
Garbage! Don't buy it. It's terrible...
DUDE!!!!(put a sock in it! and get lost(in other words off)
PA has outstanding product and offer top shelf airframes and electronics!
Don't know what u bought that maybe looked like something from PA or had it's sticker on,but definitely wasn't a PA product.that I and thousand others can stand for!
so please run along and let us enjoy the quality that PA produces for us to enjoy
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:53 AM
United Kingdom, England, Crawley
Joined Nov 2011
95 Posts
Quote:
Garbage! Don't buy it. It's terrible...
Just noticed your new post complaining about how things dont fit etc.

i recall reading in the Manual that you would need to do a bit of sanding here and there to make things fit so i think blaming the build quality is not fair to be honest. i personally think the quality is really really good but each to their own hey, just think you should not make it personal on the bandit forum where loads of people love the model and your guaranteed to get some stick for posting rubbish
matthew_herbe is offline Find More Posts by matthew_herbe
Last edited by matthew_herbe; Nov 08, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2009
113 Posts
I did take my Bandit out flying yesterday and today. It's dialed in, balanced and trimmed. I only wish these companies would allow you to adjust the incidence. It pulls hard, towards the canopy, in a knife edge. I will try another PA aircraft in the future because of how well the responded to my previous posts.
bobmixon is offline Find More Posts by bobmixon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Mar 2012
88 Posts
Bob

instead of blaming globaly the product in a sentence, just tell what was wrong on your kit, and why should there be the possibility of modifiying the incidence....I have up to the day of today build three Bandits (one for me and two for friends) and all three were of outstanding quality and with the correct CG (very important on this plane) superb flying caracteristics...

Jonathan (France)
lecaidduvol is offline Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:50 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
I did take my Bandit out flying yesterday and today. It's dialed in, balanced and trimmed. I only wish these companies would allow you to adjust the incidence. It pulls hard, towards the canopy, in a knife edge. I will try another PA aircraft in the future because of how well the responded to my previous posts.
Thought it was "garbage"?
U sure your CG is correct?just mix in a KE mix?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,558 Posts
Wohooo, i'm getting a new red bandit soon, can't wait to start flying the bandit again
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,421 Posts
Sorry Dan I have to ask. What happened to Baby Blue?
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:38 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Yeah Dan what happened to your blue Bandit?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,558 Posts
LOL nothing happened it is still alive in one piece after probably 700 flights, but it belongs now to a friend here that is getting back into the hobby! I really flew that plane so HARD i'm surprised it is still in one piece!, it proves how strong the bandits are! I really can't wait to get my red one!!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
322 Posts
Just started the build on my blue Bandit yesterday
I can't wait to get it in the air, if I have any questions I'll be sure to ask.

Learned a valuable build lesson while cutting the Bandit openings: Inattention to xacto blade location can quickly turn your "assembly fluid" into blood thinner. The cut is healing well though and I'll be on alieron installation soon.
pilot_keeter is online now Find More Posts by pilot_keeter