HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:18 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
HEy... IN case any of you are ultimate AMR Fans... here's m new video....

http://youtu.be/FPZ5qVuiBLA
Michael.Awsome as always.Love my AMR
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:20 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuberance View Post
Does this mean that anyone outside US can't enter. Shame when PA is from Oz
The prizes are shipped through Fly RC thus only in the US

On the other hand, the last contest we ran on Facebook had an Aussie winner Kirk Lang from QLD

Adad
PA Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:26 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
as Arcturus97 said, the bandit is on the cover of fly rc!!! here is the cover and review!

Review link:
http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/u...ft_Bandit_.pdf
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
Looks like my plane is grounded for a bit. Canopy came off in flight and so far I have not been able to locate it. I can put it in some of the hardest snap rolls and tumbles and it stays on but my motor hiccups in forward flight and just after take off and it pulls right off.

Think I am going to have to mod it with some kind of extra latching system.
Josef086 is offline Find More Posts by Josef086
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:16 PM
BWX
Holland
Joined Jun 2007
76 Posts
Quote:
Monday morning productions
Look like a lot of people got a monday morning bird!?

First elevator did not got the same dimensions, left/right. Second was so scewd that i had to foil it and put that mutch force on it that i heard the wood break! really a adhesives problem and not the foil application or happend during shipping!!

Second problem, fuselage twist. With rudder and elevator and wing tube in place it was a easy fix.

Third, the carbon tube from one aileron is not straight and i can look through it on the inside and outside from this aileron. I think that is why i,am experience wingrock in harrier. Actualy i,am 99% sure of this!

When i,am trying to make straight loops it pulls to the right side a lot. Maybe something is not as straight as it should and have to look at this when i find some time.

Some people are not gonna like what wright here, live with it that people always point out het bad things first!
Next time i have to think twice before i purcast another plain from PA.
BWX is offline Find More Posts by BWX
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX View Post
Look like a lot of people got a monday morning bird!?

First elevator did not got the same dimensions, left/right. Second was so scewd that i had to foil it and put that mutch force on it that i heard the wood break! really a adhesives problem and not the foil application or happend during shipping!!

Second problem, fuselage twist. With rudder and elevator and wing tube in place it was a easy fix.

Third, the carbon tube from one aileron is not straight and i can look through it on the inside and outside from this aileron. I think that is why i,am experience wingrock in harrier. Actualy i,am 99% sure of this!

When i,am trying to make straight loops it pulls to the right side a lot. Maybe something is not as straight as it should and have to look at this when i find some time.

Some people are not gonna like what wright here, live with it that people always point out het bad things first!
Next time i have to think twice before i purcast another plain from PA.
Seems like PA has more complaints about "monday planes" then 3dhs or EF.

I personally had good luck with my Bandit. My 3dhs vyper on the other hand I had a lot of issues. Vertical fin slot was not cut correctly, horizontal need shims to get it strait, and the wings did not mate correctly. It did not fly correctly and I ended using it as a glow conversion project. Had it not been my first 3dhs plane I would not get one again. So I can understand where you are coming from.

One thing I do wonder is whether PA really has more QA issues then 3dhs and EF or if just more people are willing to report the bad ones. The reason I bring that up is it seems like some that owns a 3dhs plane has multiple planes and so one bad one does not affect there overall view of 3dhs (or ef). With the Bandit it seems to draw two crowds those that have owned the AMR or addiction and those that have not flown anything from PA before.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:11 AM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
729 Posts
Quote:

I had something similar and it wasn't to difficult to fix. The way I corrected it was to gently push the aileron back towards the wing's trailing edge channel while simultaneously applying heat evenly to both sides of the aileron. For the heat source I used a covering iron fitted with its cloth sock. Start with the iron set for medium heat and work carefully, as to much heat will risk damage to the covering. A little heat goes a long way when working with covering films.

As for wing rock, may I suggest checking your wings and ailerons for any twist, as it is not uncommon to find some in balsa models especially those shipped during hot weather conditions. I found that one wing panel had some twist in it, but it was easily corrected by twisting back into position and simultaneously applying heat to the covering film, again using a covering iron fitted with cloth sock and working carefully with the iron setting on medium heat.

HTH, Byron
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:13 AM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,335 Posts
Looking for replacement wing bolts for the Bandit. The threads are wearing off the stock ones. I know you can get a set from PA for $4 but I'm not interested in the $10 shipping fee.

Measurement are M4x0.7 20mm long, nylon thumbscrew. Looking for USA source.
Arcturus97 is online now Find More Posts by Arcturus97
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:53 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus97 View Post
Looking for replacement wing bolts for the Bandit. The threads are wearing off the stock ones. I know you can get a set from PA for $4 but I'm not interested in the $10 shipping fee.

Measurement are M4x0.7 20mm long, nylon thumbscrew. Looking for USA source.
These might work

http://www.adchobbystore.com/3DHS-Al...ARF_p_251.html

Not sure of the size and I hear they need to be checked once n awhile for tightness.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
Byron C
Joined Apr 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
These might work

http://www.adchobbystore.com/3DHS-Al...ARF_p_251.html

Not sure of the size and I hear they need to be checked once n awhile for tightness.
I have a set of those on my Edge 540, and they are indeed nice quality aluminium alloy bolts. The length of mine measures 13mm.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
Not really related to the Bandit, but I had the one 5065mg I had burn out today. I had been using one on the elevator. Good news is it burned out on the ground so no damage to the airframe.

I think standard 65mgs are the way to go. If you don't want to use standard servos the S3156 or the savox seems to be the only good option. Not sure about JR I have not really heard anything good about them (or bad).
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:20 AM
Byron C
Joined Apr 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef086 View Post
Not really related to the Bandit, but I had the one 5065mg I had burn out today. I had been using one on the elevator. Good news is it burned out on the ground so no damage to the airframe.

I think standard 65mgs are the way to go. If you don't want to use standard servos the S3156 or the savox seems to be the only good option. Not sure about JR I have not really heard anything good about them (or bad).
That is indeed a stroke of luck with the servo going out on the ground. Several others have reported HS-5065MG servo failures in the RCG threads, but I have no experience with that particular Hitec digital. What happened, did the servo simply stop responding, or go to max. throw and lock?

I'm running the HS-65MG in my Bandit but it only has a few hundred flights logged on it. On the other hand my PA Extra 260 has over 750 flights logged on it and the HS-65MG servos are still going strong.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
It kicked over to one direction and locked. Then you could smell it burning. The regular 65mgs seem to work just fine, only the digitals seem to suck
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:11 PM
BWX
Holland
Joined Jun 2007
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef086 View Post
It kicked over to one direction and locked. Then you could smell it burning. The regular 65mgs seem to work just fine, only the digitals seem to suck
Monday morning production!.
BWX is offline Find More Posts by BWX
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
Quote:
Monday morning production!.
5065mg on Monday and Friday. 65mg on Tuesday-Thursday. No wonder......