SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2012, 12:27 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOFAM View Post
I think aiming to publicly discredit a company is one thing, but attacking the Fan Persons motives for posting on the forum has gone too far. What are you trying to achieve here? Your high IQ puts you into the Genius or Near Genius category, so wouldn't your time be better spent outlining your probems and coming up with solutions so we can all benefit?
Well said.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2012, 12:31 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Joined Jan 2011
2,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Right everyone, I maidened the Bandit... AT NIGHT! It was scary but I did it and all I have to say is that: this plane and these lights are AWESOME! I'm using the incredible Aurora RC Genesis lights with an extra tail light.

Please be aware in the video this is only my second and third time flying this plane with my first ever night time flight session and with settings I need to change like the battery and horizontal stab balance... so the flying isn't as good as usual But anyway, make sure to enjoy! I'll make sure to make a LOT more video around late May/June when I have a LOT more free time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrS3rs1Beps

Thanks!
Great job!

Did you happen to mention which of the Aurora kits you're using in this instance? Their website lists at least 3 or 4 different setups, for different plane sizes. Do you feel that the one you got is insufficient/just_right/overkill? Thanks.
Old May 07, 2012, 12:42 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Right everyone, I maidened the Bandit... AT NIGHT! It was scary but I did it and all I have to say is that: this plane and these lights are AWESOME! I'm using the incredible Aurora RC Genesis lights with an extra tail light.

Please be aware in the video this is only my second and third time flying this plane with my first ever night time flight session and with settings I need to change like the battery and horizontal stab balance... so the flying isn't as good as usual But anyway, make sure to enjoy! I'll make sure to make a LOT more video around late May/June when I have a LOT more free time

Thanks!
Awsome vid SIR looks really cool

Efether The ADDY was my 1st PA plane and 1st 3d plane apart from the foamies I've had,and it taught me ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!as for "breaking" wingtips,that's what happens when u slap then down.after all,it's only BALSA! as for your "IQ" well your behavior certainly does not portray that.....I think it's best you get a life and go moan somewhere else end let us appreciate a good airframe.
ONCE AGAIN THESE ARE MADE BY MAN!and human error is there.
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old May 07, 2012, 02:03 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,018 Posts
Quote:

Thanks!
Great video RCPilot !
Looking forward to future videos from you once you have Bandit dialed in.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old May 07, 2012, 04:54 AM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234
Right everyone, I maidened the Bandit... AT NIGHT! It was scary...
Super Kool dude! I'll bet UFO sighting reports go up in your area pretty soon
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Old May 07, 2012, 08:08 AM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
[Insult removed]

Honestly, minority does not mean singular. Yes I know other people have had problems and if you remember I also listed a few things on my plane that were not perfect. So I dont know how I had a, hmm how did you say it "Steadfast refusal" to acknowledge the issues.

My issue is that you are raising this in the incorrect forum, their must be some sort of Consumer Commission in the US, have you taken the issue up with them? Did you drive to a PA retail outlet and take it up with them? If bought over the Internet did you bother to contact your Credit Card/Bank and advise the product was falsely advertised or not as expected and place a stop payment?

Or did you decide the faceless internet was the best place to throw your toys out of the pram?

Your word of truth is BS, look at the countless video's of peoples flying and loving the Bandit.
Thank you for enlightening me with some Australian vernacular [removed from quote]. I shall have to use that at some point.

I never said YOU (in particular) were steadfast...PA is steadfast, and the PA zombies (the ones who get free stuff from PA to roam the boards and promote their product) are steadfast. If you fall into one of those two catagories, you are the exception rather than the rule, and I offer you an apology.

As for the Better Buiness Bureau (that's what it's called in the states)...they are of very limited power. I have attempted to rectify a business transaction through them in the past (not with PA), and it was a complete waste of time. In regard to attempting to get my $$$ back from the Credit Card Companies...that's nearly as fruitless. I'd rather spend my time on the forums voicing (rather loudly) that PA has QA issues, and try take the word to the streets.

My word of truth is as solid today as the first day posted. PA has QA issues. I never said the Bandit didn't fly well.

Quote:
I think aiming to publicly discredit a company is one thing, but attacking the Fan Persons motives for posting on the forum has gone too far. What are you trying to achieve here? Your high IQ puts you into the Genius or Near Genius category, so wouldn't your time be better spent outlining your probems and coming up with solutions so we can all benefit?
To the true "Fanboys" my apology.

However, there are those on these forums who get free stuff from PA to make sure that PA products are promoted in a positive light. They are getting free stuff to attack and discredit anyone who has anything negative to say about the PA products. In doing so, they make it appear to anyone reading the forums that the one with the complaints is the one who is "in the minority"; or to discredit the post; or to simply drown the forum with praise to counter the comlaint.

So...with that said...am I really going too far?
efether is offline Find More Posts by efether
Last edited by efether; May 07, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old May 07, 2012, 08:12 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Whew. Im glad everybody in here are good friends.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old May 07, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Right everyone, I maidened the Bandit... AT NIGHT!

Thanks!
YOU ARE INSANE!!!!

Seriously though, that is something worthy of a Mafia award!!! Your the first one I have heard of who has done a night maiden!!
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old May 07, 2012, 08:45 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Joined Jan 2011
2,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efether View Post
They are getting free stuff to attack and discredit anyone who has anything negative to say about the PA products.
That's a fairly big accusation. My understanding was that team pilots are sponsored because they make a company's planes look particularly good in flight, or because they promote the business by being helpful to others, or ideally a combination of both.

Quote:
So...with that said...am I really going too far?
Yes. It's getting old. Your posts were interesting and on-topic while they discussed the technical characteristics of the PA Bandit. Now that you've gone off on a jihad about your IQ and your techniques for dealing with dissatisfying purchases, your posts have become off-topic and irrelevant. Please consider this an earnest request to stop.
Old May 07, 2012, 08:46 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,018 Posts
Quote:
... They are getting free stuff to attack and discredit anyone who has anything negative to say about the PA products....
If you're going to make a statement like this I suggest you get your facts straight.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old May 07, 2012, 08:46 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Wow! You maidened your Bandit at night! Your super keen! With those lights on though, it looks like night flying is almost more fun than day time.

So what is the deal with those lights? are they basically super bright LED's on carbon sticks?
It was great fun at night! Yep, they are super bright LED's on little carbon/plastic sticks They have JST-XH connectors on them which connect to the wires running through the wing from the regulator
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Old May 07, 2012, 08:50 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Just to play with facts a bit, there are no "team sponsored pilots" in you guy's conversation. Unless there are one or two that I dont know about. The team guys are not posting. So the ones posting for the planes are purchase owners i imagine unless they stole their planes heheheh.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old May 07, 2012, 08:51 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Great job!

Did you happen to mention which of the Aurora kits you're using in this instance? Their website lists at least 3 or 4 different setups, for different plane sizes. Do you feel that the one you got is insufficient/just_right/overkill? Thanks.
These are the Aurora RC Geneis lights but with an extra tail light as the stab is rather big for just one I would say it's just right/very slightly insufficient for this size. The Genesis pack is for planes of up to 50" so the Bandit is right on the limit. The next setup above (Andromeda) I'm pretty sure would be way too big for this plane.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 08:52 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demongti View Post
if you're going to make a statement like this i suggest you get your facts straight.
+1000:d
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old May 07, 2012, 08:54 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa4geg View Post
Super Kool dude! I'll bet UFO sighting reports go up in your area pretty soon
Haha, yes! I remember one man telling me who flies gliders that he put lights on his combat wing glider and there were reports in the newspaper of strange flying objects on top of a hill, haha!
RCG Plus Member