SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:36 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Ok, thanks for all your replys! I think I'll stay with the 5065MG's. I can't find those Airtonics/Sanwa servos in the UK anywhere
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
nerd
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jul 2007
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
I have experienced the exact same thing. It is definitely your lipos that are not up to the task.
What 3S 2200's are you using and how old are they?
Have you been storing them at 3.8v/cell over the winter?
I have some old 30C Zippy's that do the same thing. I'm going to donate them to an old timer at our club for his 20 000 ft high wing Sunday cruiser that only needs 10A to fly
I used last seasons Zippy's, NanoTech's and they are a bit worn and tired. But they worked fine in my MX.
Tried the K-force 40 with the same LiPos, worked just fine, even though a bit sluggish.

Today I got my new batch of Zippy 40C for the season and I thought I swap back and give the Q45Pro another try. I also though I'd better inspect all soldering first. And voilà, there was the problem staring at me....

I had made a very poor solder on the XT60. Tin had not filled the cavity in the connector, only a thin skin of tin on the outer strands of the wire to carry some 45A.
Resoldered and all works fine, even with the old LiPos. Lesson learned, do it right and inspect your soldering thoroughly.

Happy Bandit again, but now it seems as winter is returning with snow and wind. No re-maiden for another week at least. Darn.
/A
AndWho is offline Find More Posts by AndWho
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:21 AM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
I am thinking about getting one of these.

I just had a few questions will HS-65mg work in this plane. I figure if the are good enough in my 3dhs 48" edge and 48" vyper they should be fine in this plane.

I plan on 4s power. What kind of motors will bold up other then then the one from PA. I am thinking of either using a torque 2814t, a hacker, or maybe a 3dhs omega 130g.
Josef086 is offline Find More Posts by Josef086
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:40 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,426 Posts
Hs 65s will be fine
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
This question is important. Would the gens ace 4s 25c 2500mah work with this plane? Or would I need to stick to something a little smaller.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:59 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Woohooo beautiful days flying today 7 batteries through, thats 35 mins of me and the Bandit just rocking out together in the air.

Love it.

Mr K is hopefully putting together a Video of the duelling Bandits from this morning, Well I hope he puts it up, you can see his awesome flying and my lame flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
Hs 65s will be fine
Its whats in mine and she flies great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef086 View Post
This question is important. Would the gens ace 4s 25c 2500mah work with this plane? Or would I need to stick to something a little smaller.
You could, would have to move it back a bit more and it would make the stall speeds a lil higher.

Personally I wouldnt.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
Woohooo beautiful days flying today 7 batteries through, thats 35 mins of me and the Bandit just rocking out together in the air.

Love it.

Mr K is hopefully putting together a Video of the duelling Bandits from this morning, Well I hope he puts it up, you can see his awesome flying and my lame flying.

Its whats in mine and she flies great!

You could, would have to move it back a bit more and it would make the stall speeds a lil higher.

Personally I wouldnt.
I ask since its what I currently have.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:58 PM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Jan 2008
210 Posts
Obviously the weight will be a factor as the 4S 2500mah pack is about 120g heavier. I would also be worried about the vertical clearance under the wing tube. I would at least try to compare the Gens Ace pack dimensions with some measurements of the available space in/on/around the Bandits battery tray.

I could be crazy, but I feel like someone has posted this clearance information before in this thread.

Try searching.
jredingt is offline Find More Posts by jredingt
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:00 AM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Jan 2008
210 Posts
I found the post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1663
jredingt is offline Find More Posts by jredingt
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jredingt View Post
Thanks, that's what I was worried about.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 03:46 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
So guys, buying the plane tomorrow!

Should I get the Futaba S3156MG's then? Do you think they're allright?
The Savox SH-0257MG would take some beating.. It's dimensionally the same as the recommended Voltec 70 (re-badged Bluebird 373MG) servo but is both faster and has more torque, and being digital will centre better than either the voltec or the HS-65MG

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
I am really having a hard time deciding between this or the EF MXS. Anyone have both that can chime in?
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:05 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef086 View Post
I am really having a hard time deciding between this or the EF MXS. Anyone have both that can chime in?
Haven't flown the MXS but ill tell you one thing and then you can decide.

I recently sold all my planes and batteries except one....

Can you guess which? It also had over an hours flight time on Sunday

Get the Bandit, you will love it.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Jan 2010
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
Haven't flown the MXS but ill tell you one thing and then you can decide.

I recently sold all my planes and batteries except one....

Can you guess which? It also had over an hours flight time on Sunday

Get the Bandit, you will love it.
I guess that's one good way to put it.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,326 Posts
My Bandit got its maiden flight today by a friend and then I flew 4 batteries through it. I love it. My first balsa plane and it flies so much better than my foam. I was hovering and doing knife edge all the way across the field on my second battery through it. For me that is fantastic and I'm thrilled.

Only challenging part I found was the floatiness on landings, she doesn't want to come down - have to power down. No damage so a great day.
Arcturus97 is offline Find More Posts by Arcturus97