SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:50 PM
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
I have the ADX but not the bandit.
I have many other 3d planes, edges, Extra, Yak etc and I can say this.

The ADX is easy to fly hands down, comfortable and docile down on the deck.

What I find it hard to perform is KE spins and blenders take a lot of time to work out how to get the ADX to enter and stay in these types of spins.

Everything else the ADX is super great to fly and tough as well. I've cartwheeled mine once and it was very little effort to restore back to original even without a new motor box.
See the very end of this video.

Clowning with ADX (7 min 16 sec)


Sorry for the cross promotion in the Bandit thread.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
Rotorcraft Fanatic
Joined Dec 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Thanks for that, exactly what I needed, and LOL I've been doing biz with HeliProz for six years on the heli side and didn't realize they had PA planes!
cyclicopath is offline Find More Posts by cyclicopath
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
36 Posts
Sunny , blue and warm. Be taking my skies off soon. Flying Bandit tomarrow Woo.. Hooo! Enjoy that plane you all!!
theflyingJD is offline Find More Posts by theflyingJD
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:18 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
cloaked's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingJD View Post
Sunny , blue and warm. Be taking my skies off soon. Flying Bandit tomarrow Woo.. Hooo! Enjoy that plane you all!!
2 more days before I can fly.

7 Batteries good to go!
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:50 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
H2SO4's Avatar
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,726 Posts
Do the wheel pants serve a non-cosmetic purpose?

If not, I'd just as soon leave them off to save the weight and complexity. The field where I fly is so rough you'd swear there's been recent combat, so anything that covers the wheels and makes them less likely to climb over obstacles is a disadvantage.

Aerodynamic efficiency perhaps? Pants are presumably more slippery in the air than the wheel they cover, but then they're a lot larger as well and that bottom opening in which the wheel sits must surely contribute significantly to drag?

A side-force generator of sorts?

Thanks for all input!
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:03 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
If not, I'd just as soon leave them off to save the weight and complexity. The field where I fly is so rough you'd swear there's been recent combat, so anything that covers the wheels and makes them less likely to climb over obstacles is a disadvantage.

Aerodynamic efficiency perhaps? Pants are presumably more slippery in the air than the wheel they cover, but then they're a lot larger as well and that bottom opening in which the wheel sits must surely contribute significantly to drag?

A side-force generator of sorts?

Thanks for all input!
Get yourself some 2.5" Du-bro leightweightwheels, basically the PA wheels are copied of these but smaller. The 2.5" rolls much better and IMO is better scaled to the rest of the plane, the 1.8" that PA supply are to small IMO. You could also spring load your wheel pants like I have, if you go back a few pages you'll find a post by me showing a technique that allows your wheel pants to take some hits without damage.
luke352 is online now Find More Posts by luke352
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
H2SO4's Avatar
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke352 View Post
Get yourself some 2.5" Du-bro leightweightwheels, basically the PA wheels are copied of these but smaller. The 2.5" rolls much better and IMO is better scaled to the rest of the plane, the 1.8" that PA supply are to small IMO. You could also spring load your wheel pants like I have, if you go back a few pages you'll find a post by me showing a technique that allows your wheel pants to take some hits without damage.
Thanks Luke. I frequently like to use bigger wheels, and I was definitely going to use your spring-loaded mod to mount the pants - assuming they're there for more than just looks?
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
PA Team Pilot
mtwargo's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,527 Posts
Hey Guys... Here's my new video featuring all of the PA planes...

Bohemian Aerobatics by Michael Wargo (6 min 0 sec)
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,753 Posts
I must admit, I do love it when I open the "My RCGroups" tab and see you or Dan has posted in all the PA threads- Almost always, that means there is a new vid, promotion, sale, or new product.

Pleasant treat this mornin, thanks!

Excellent flying!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Space Bat's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Very nice MW - some lovely planes and great flying on show

The AMR have a feeling it didn't quite like its landing seemed to come down a little harder than expected??
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:15 AM
PA Team Pilot
mtwargo's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
Very nice MW - some lovely planes and great flying on show

The AMR have a feeling it didn't quite like its landing seemed to come down a little harder than expected??
No... actually it just bounced up and flew 3 feet then landed just fine. It didn't hit hard. Might have looked that way though...
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:59 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ultimatetwo's Avatar
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Hey Guys... Here's my new video featuring all of the PA planes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fScBqi_JEXU
Superb Michael, as always, your flying skill is simply awesome.... Tx for sharing. A joy to see and listen too....
Best regards.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:44 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
cloaked's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Hey Guys... Here's my new video featuring all of the PA planes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fScBqi_JEXU
Awesome!

Thanks for posting, just makes me realise how much I suck as a pilot hahaha.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
TRETTLOCK
PA what else's Avatar
Göppingen
Joined May 2009
161 Posts
please copy the video to vimeo.. in germany we cant play that ,becouse the musik..
PA what else is offline Find More Posts by PA what else
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:16 PM
PA Team Pilot
mtwargo's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA what else View Post
please copy the video to vimeo.. in germany we cant play that ,becouse the musik..
Bohemian Aerobatics by Michael Wargo (5 min 59 sec)
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Official thread / Video just posted!!! aerofundan 3D Flying 5065 Dec 25, 2014 11:03 PM
Discussion Anyone else wish Precision Aerobatics would make a larger electric 3D monoplane! Neil_SC 3D Flying 19 Sep 24, 2014 12:14 PM
Wanted Precision Aerobatics Katana MD or Precision Aerobatics Mini Katana mixer911 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jul 16, 2009 01:52 PM
Found 3d hobbyshop/precision aerobatics/greatplanes**3d yak/suk/katana/edge/extra helifryer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 May 20, 2009 10:13 PM
Discussion Precision Aerobatics How To Series, 3D Aerobatics & Repair Guide aerofundan 3D Flying 22 Jan 03, 2009 10:52 AM