HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:49 AM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBrent View Post
Thanks so much cloaked, really appreciate your effort! I can get rechecking tonight now! Owe you one!
No worries mate, I just hope you get it sorted. I love mine and its an instant repurchase for me...... Although Im not too fussed on the build though. I made Mr K and Mistro do it last time hahahaha.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
I just put my plane together for you.

With the 3S 2200, iPAs Setup and HS-65MG servos, I added about 60 grams to the front cowl.

My plane balance at about the 93mm mark, which if you look at the underside of the wing, is the edge of the first rectangular cutout closest to the wing root.
I agree with cloaked. I've got mine balanced somewhere around 95MM and like it a lot better there. I wasn't happy at all with it at 103MM as it felt extremely tail heavy. It might be a little too stable for me at 95 so I'm thinking of backing it out to 98 and trying it there. Flies great at 95, I just find my flat spins are very flat any more.
Tmorelock is offline Find More Posts by Tmorelock
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Aug 2009
36 Posts
I do not post that often but don't think i am not having fun with this Bandit. I do have to say... to achieve a good cg on this plane without adding extra weight can definitely be tricky. I am just now dialing this thing in and what a plane. This plane flies beautiful if you can get the cg right without adding extra weight to nose. Is very floaty and predictable. It seemed to get more floaty as soon as i installed the SFG. Only have a few flights on it so far . Gets better and better after trying to figure out to get radio gear as forward as possible to get CG right. Tricky. This thing has good potential.
theflyingJD is offline Find More Posts by theflyingJD
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:15 AM
3d electric is my world.....
Australia, QLD, Beaudesert
Joined Aug 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmorelock View Post
I agree with cloaked. I've got mine balanced somewhere around 95MM and like it a lot better there. I wasn't happy at all with it at 103MM as it felt extremely tail heavy. It might be a little too stable for me at 95 so I'm thinking of backing it out to 98 and trying it there. Flies great at 95, I just find my flat spins are very flat any more.
I've had to add about 40g of lead to the front to achieve 95mm cg. Double checked everything, ready for another test flight. Bugger it's pouring rain. Will report back with the difference moving from 105 to 95 as soon as I see a break in the rain!!!!
theBrent is offline Find More Posts by theBrent
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:58 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
Hi buddies I got the CG of my Bandit just at 103 mm. and it goes fine for me... It is a compromise between 3D and aresti flying. Maybe with that CG for landing, things are not pretty easy like a more forward adjustment, it is a little like scale airplanes warbirds, you must fly it until the ground, keeping a little power and flare more with burst of the motor and even, sometimes add a little down with the elevator.
I donīt added any lead to get the right CG, just reinforced the motor box, installed the receiver on the rear of the battery floor, and maybe half of the battery or so it is inside the motor box....
This morning was a cold and foggy one, but when the fog gone a bit, Fernando, one of my flying mates from Sevilla, who bought some time ago my old and trusty E-Shock had a good time...
For the first time, also changed the APC 12 by 6 for a wood Vox prop, maybe not as fast than before, but motor response was better, with less amp. draw and a very nice sound...
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:19 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
201 Posts
Recently I asked what difference SFG's make on the Bandit. I tried out and.... HUGE difference! For the first time Bandit feels more like plane (and quite good one!) than something that is testing your skills and crashes right when it finds hole in them. Anyway, with CG a little less than 103 mm from LE and SFGs it really feels nice on the sticks and I think I'm starting to like it (again)! I'll do few more flights and then put VGs on!

Jan
HonzaS is offline Find More Posts by HonzaS
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:25 PM
Paul
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Nov 2008
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmorelock View Post
After many flights of my Bandit, I now have the CG at 95mm, at this CG the bandit flies and performs better for me.
cheers
Paul
spirroau is offline Find More Posts by spirroau
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Aug 2009
36 Posts
O.k another flight gone great. Hovers nice. Also a little ripper. Tracks great. Living and flying at 7600 ft you gotta make your adjustments. Mostly in prop size and pitch due to lack of air. I am running 3 cell set up for now. I started with the recamended 14x6. Then a SF 14x4.8. 14x7-14x8 was still in 425 watt area on watts up. With static i wanted to be closer to max range of Thrust 40 at 500. Crazy so i went to a 15x7 still not quite there . I ended up right under 500 watts with a 15x8. Everything running nice and cool. So 15x8 Vox to compensate for altitude.
theflyingJD is offline Find More Posts by theflyingJD
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:54 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Anyone have the PA Bandit and the PA Extra MX both with Side Force Generators, How do they compare?

Im looking at moving into bigger aircraft and would like some opinions, I already have Mr K's.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:30 PM
Rotorcraft Fanatic
Joined Dec 2009
21 Posts
Precision Aerobatics US Retailers?

Am considering the Bandit, which would be my third Precision Aerobatics plane. Can someone please recommend a reliable and friendly Precision Aerobatics retail dealer in the US (preferably western states)? From past experience specific to this brand I want to purchase from a dealer, not the importer/maker, so that I'll have a better chance of useful, polite and considerate help in the event of any problems ...
cyclicopath is offline Find More Posts by cyclicopath
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:47 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,488 Posts
You can get one at Heli Proz http://www.heliproz.com/departments.asp?dept=668
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:48 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
Anyone have the PA Bandit and the PA Extra MX both with Side Force Generators, How do they compare?

Im looking at moving into bigger aircraft and would like some opinions, I already have Mr K's.
The MX is a bit more stable obviously because of the size, it is a more relaxed airplane i think. While the Bandit is a little more agile, and high energy because its smaller. Both are AWESOME airpalnes!, if you can do it, get both, they are truely the best there is in their size class!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:29 PM
Norway
Joined Nov 2010
197 Posts
how does they compaire in 3d manuevers? and also compaired to the addiction x?
I really like the look on the bandit, but wonder if the addiction x or mx is better at 3d? especially at flatspins/inv flatspins.
just noticed that the addiction X has the same wing airea of the extra mx and the same weight as the bandit.
ChristianAustena is offline Find More Posts by ChristianAustena
Last edited by ChristianAustena; Mar 06, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,374 Posts
For pure 3D the Addiction X wins hands down! It will fly more slowly, more stable, than anything like it. This allows 3D to be soooo easy to control and on low rates it's a pretty good sport plane as well.

But... The Bandit is also a great 3d plane that that easily crosses over into a sport/big sky arerobatic type plane it really is for me the perfect blend of the two types of flying.

But........ The MX with it's Extra size and power is freakin awesome and is also an excellent 3D plane.

So I would say you have the Addiction X on one end, the MX on the other end and the Bandit right in the middle
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:36 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianAustena View Post
how does they compaire in 3d manuevers? and also compaired to the addiction x?
I really like the look on the bandit, but wonder if the addiction x or mx is better at 3d? especially at flatspins/inv flatspins.
just noticed that the addiction X has the same wing airea of the extra mx and the same weight as the bandit.
Well I have a Bandit and an Addy X Both are GREAT planes with superb strength and quality. The Bandit, with it's vortex generators, is a very stable plane considering its size, and will do pretty much anything you want it to. In terms of flat-spins, I think the Bandit is better The Bandit also carries more momentum with it (it doesn't stop so quickly), so manoeuvres like pop tops suit it better! Big, precise aerobatics look awesome on the Bandit, especially on the 4S setup! Someone said "I've never seen a plane before with a flight envelope as wide as this!"

However, the Addiction X is even more stable, it's like flying with gravity turned down, haha! It is better at doing tight manoeuvres, similar to manoeuvres done on the micro indoor 3D planes Manoeuvres that need momentum seem to be worse in this plane though as it is more draggy and looses its speed quicker. The Addy X requires less thinking time when doing 3D aerobatics, is easier to get out of a sticky situation, and things don't have to be planned out so much. In addition, I think it's a model that makes you feel more comfortable flying low to the ground than the Bandit!

In conclusion, I recommend you get both! Both of these models go so well together; great models to take out to the park! They're very impressive and likely won't require dissembly for transportation which is a HUGE bonus if you just want to have some fun at the park after work for example!

Hope this helps
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout