HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:53 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmorelock View Post
I think your CG is too far back. I've flying on 3S and had the same issues. Haven't had a chance to try it with the CG further forward as I had to order replacement wheels and a new prop adapter....and still don't have them from PA after 9 days. Go figure. Heck, I still don't have a couple of items that I ordered from them Christmas day.

If you get your issues worked out please post the results.
Have you tried to contact PA about this? The only thing that i can imagine is that the stuff is on back order.
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:54 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Just flew the Bandit again, amazing plane!

Just one question, when I knife edge, the plane needs a lot of up elevator coupling. Additionally, the elevator becomes all strange and sensitive at high speed. I moved the battery pack back in the tray and it got worse. Does this mean my CG is too far back? And if so, how do I move it forward? ESC and battery are as forward as possible. Would a heavier larger Thunder Power battery help?

Thanks
It sounds to me like you are tail heavy, try moving the battery pack forward, until the coupling in knife edge goes away, of course make sure that the elevator is trimmed every time you move the CG. when the cg is right, the bandit requires 0 elevator input to keep knife edge straight.
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Have you tried to contact PA about this? The only thing that i can imagine is that the stuff is on back order.
They don't answer their phone, but I've left them several emails. They were decent at answering email for a while but it's been radio silence for the past couple of weeks. The stuff I ordered at Christmas was backordered, but was told 2 weeks ago they were having some air dropped in....still nothing. Placed an order a week ago Sunday for the prop adapter, wheels, and a couple of props...and nothing so far.

If I had to do this all over again I would have gotten something from 3DHS, but I didn't know at the time.
Tmorelock is offline Find More Posts by Tmorelock
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:50 AM
GA USA
Joined Dec 2008
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmorelock View Post
They don't answer their phone, but I've left them several emails. They were decent at answering email for a while but it's been radio silence for the past couple of weeks. The stuff I ordered at Christmas was backordered, but was told 2 weeks ago they were having some air dropped in....still nothing. Placed an order a week ago Sunday for the prop adapter, wheels, and a couple of props...and nothing so far.

If I had to do this all over again I would have gotten something from 3DHS, but I didn't know at the time.
I called and left a nessage last week to go over your BO's before they were shipped to make sure we got everything correct because we had discussed several things with your orders while they were on BO.

I never received a return call, please give me a call.

Steve Evans
Precision Aerobatics USA
PA-USA is offline Find More Posts by PA-USA
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-USA View Post
I called and left a nessage last week to go over your BO's before they were shipped to make sure we got everything correct because we had discussed several things with your orders while they were on BO.

I never received a return call, please give me a call.

Steve Evans
Precision Aerobatics USA
Steve is correct...he did leave me a voice mail last week on this. I stand corrected. I'm not sure why I ever leave my home phone as a contact number because I don't ever answer it and clearly don't check my voice mail often.

I just got off the phone with Steve and he is shipping my stuff out...so I'm happy.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:15 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Ultimate, great tips!

I too once lost my entire spinner assembly with my AMR during some violent tumbles... all the sudden I no longer heard the prop's blades

Like you, I spent a good amount of time looking for it... with the prop adapter, spinner, and Xoar Prop, I was out $30 real quick
Yeap buddy, that´s is the reason why I use from that issue screw fixing glue between the prop adaptor and the motor shaft, and as said, with wooden prop it is always a good idea to check the fit from time to time..as you I lost all that stuff, and really could be even more... With gasser engines, things are even worst. My DLE 55 c.c., on a flooded hand starting, backstart flip, engine suddenly cut four hard steel screws on a instant by their head, and these, prop washer, nose cone, and the Menz prop gone away. Hopefully nobody was hurt and the plane was on the ground, ĦĦĦĦ All for my fault and don´t check for a loose prop ĦĦĦĦ. Check and recheck ...., mainly with a brand new, wood prop... money can be earned again, goodies can be ordered too, but Safety is the first.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Last edited by ultimatetwo; Jan 31, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Jan 2008
118 Posts
which color do you think is easier to see? I would think the red color would stand out the best.
rapala is offline Find More Posts by rapala
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:49 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala View Post
which color do you think is easier to see? I would think the red color would stand out the best.
Orange.

It looks bad arse.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:25 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,745 Posts
I'm looking to add more weight to the front. Are these batteries any good: http://hyperion-world.com/products/p...-LG335-2600-4S

Thanks
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Finally! Durafly Junior Review
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
I'm looking to add more weight to the front. Are these batteries any good: http://hyperion-world.com/products/p...-LG335-2600-4S

Thanks
Hyperion packs are of very good quality and performance. I've got 8 of them and they are excellent.

Byron
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:38 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa4geg View Post
Hyperion packs are of very good quality and performance. I've got 8 of them and they are excellent.

Byron
That's good to hear! would you say that pack is too big for the Bandit?
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Finally! Durafly Junior Review
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:59 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
I keep hearing hyperion batteries are some of the best performing lipos on the market
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:59 AM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
That's good to hear! would you say that pack is too big for the Bandit?
IMHO yes, it's going to be both heavy and a really tight fit for the Hyp. 4S 2600 pack. I.e. the Bandit's battery tray to wing tube clearance measures 39mm, and the front tray former clearance measures 35mm. But then there is the packs weight factor too, being 2 oz. over the recommended PA 4S pack. Of course that extra 2 oz. might help in windy conditions. Depends on what you're after.

Personally, since I'm shooting for the max. calm weather slow-N-low 3D performance, I'm going with the 3S 2200 (G3 VX) pack. Got my Bandit assembled and ready to mount the Thrust-40... soon as it arrives in the Post

Byron
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
I did test out one hyperion pack by deliberately charging at 10amps every time without any balancer connected, as soon as I land, it goes on the charger. Was a 3S 2200mah pack. After about 40+ cycles, I checked the cells to see if they were out of balance, and the were matched to the first two decimal places (3rd decimal place was different on each)

My Turnigy Nanotechs on the other hand, need to have the balancer connected, or they will not balance out.

It a little hard to justify the difference in cost when your bank balance refuses to cooperate LOL, but Hyperion do perform well, and hold their voltage better than the Turnigy Nanotechs under load.
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Where is everyone balancing the Bandit? As I mentioned in an earlier post I balanced my carefully just a lightly nose heavy at the 103 MM mark, but in flight it seemed tail heavy. Looks like RCPilot has experienced the same thing.

BTW, I got my load of stuff in from PA today (thanks Steve) and plan on flying tomorrow...supposed to be 62 and sunny!