SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2012, 03:12 PM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo View Post
Tx very much for your kind words and support Steve. I just did your wheels axles mods, but instead of brass tube y used teflon tube and drilled the hubs to 4mm. as you said. Also I installed the carbon fairings with a little mods too, using a 4.40 allen head screw and inside the fairing a self tapping nut. Outside the screw with the blue anodized washer looks cool, at least for me.
I reinforced just in case the motor box, and also I installed the washers on the holding motor fairing screws too...
Nice photos Manolo. You're obviously having fun dragging out the assembly time of your Bandit with all the very nice attention to fine detail and applying many personal touches. I'm taking notes while waiting for my Bandit to arrive (sometime this week with any luck).

Cheers, Byron
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:12 AM
nerd
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jul 2007
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmorelock View Post
Anybody got an electronic version of the Bandit manual you could send me @ tmorelock71@gmail.com? I managed to lose mine somehow and I need to wrap up the installation of my servos and control linkages. I emailed PA about it but figured I might find someone here that had it.
I allways scan my manuals, here are some links:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11080368/PA_Bandit_Manual.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11080368/Qua...70_Pro_ESC.pdf
AndWho is offline Find More Posts by AndWho
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndWho View Post
AWESOME...you are a life saver. I really appreciate you sending me that link.
Tmorelock is offline Find More Posts by Tmorelock
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,396 Posts
Quote:
Geez, where have you been the last few months I think the complaint I hear most often is that PA does not have digital/online manuals...
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Just wondering, for the optional arms, are they the same as the Addiction X ones?

BTW, thank you very much for posting those manuals! gives me an idea on how long it'll take to build!
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,130 Posts
I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Geez, where have you been the last few months I think the complaint I hear most often is that PA does not have digital/online manuals...
I hope he is not ban for posting PA Manuals.....

fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:49 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Just wondering, for the optional arms, are they the same as the Addiction X ones?

BTW, thank you very much for posting those manuals! gives me an idea on how long it'll take to build!
They are not the same, if you do have the ADX servo arms you can use them, but if not, just get the Bandit ones

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...id=721&set=USA
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa4geg View Post
Nice photos Manolo. You're obviously having fun dragging out the assembly time of your Bandit with all the very nice attention to fine detail and applying many personal touches. I'm taking notes while waiting for my Bandit to arrive (sometime this week with any luck).

Cheers, Byron
Tx very much buddy.....
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:39 PM
nerd
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jul 2007
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
I hope he is not ban for posting PA Manuals.....

fred
So, ban me or sue me....
I think PA is missing a PR opportunity by not publishing manuals.
/A
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
nerd
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jul 2007
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
... The cowl looks so cool on the Bandit!
Not only cool looks, it's a very functional cooling design as well. Mounting the ESC as far fwd as possible under the motor cage will put it right in the air intake and in the cool breeze. If you also expose the heat sink by cutting up the shrink wrap it will be even cooler.
/A
Last edited by AndWho; Jan 21, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:58 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
They are not the same, if you do have the ADX servo arms you can use them, but if not, just get the Bandit ones

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...id=721&set=USA
Thanks for clearing that up! Bandit arms it is then!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:59 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Not only cool looks, it's a very functional cooling design as well. Mounting the ESC as far fwd as possible under the motor cage will put it right in the air intake and in the cool breeze. If you also expose the heat sink by cutting open up the shrink wrap it will be even cooler.
/A
WOW, that's really cool (pun intended)! I'll make sure to mount my ESC on the bottom when I get my Bandit!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:49 PM
United States, MN, Waconia
Joined Mar 2011
193 Posts
One month after I recieved my gorgeous new green Bandit. Still can't fly her . Three weeks of trying to contact the US site to send back the Voltec servos that don't center, and one that completely failed after 5 minutes of bench testing an trimming. I have never talked bad about an online company but this is pretty bad. I was going to wait to post this, but I think a month of trying is enough.

"OMG... sorry I rarely ever complain about an online company but seriously. It should not take a month to return defective parts. And why don't you guys answer e-mails? The only reason I was able to send in my servos is because I finally got a call back three weeks after I started sending e-mails and leaving voice mails. The rep on the phone was very courteous, but he gave me a bs excuse saying that they tried e-mailing me but the messages got rejected. I would have rather heard the truth that they were behind, but he lied to me. It is my business e-mail and I know it works.... Frustrating. I have never dropped 500 bucks on something, and then been treated so badly. I can't wait to fly my Bandit, but I will never buy anything from this company again. I have no problem waiting a couple weeks to get parts in the mail, but come on... even hobby king answers e-mails. Not dumping on you, just giving you some feedback." I just want to fly my plane.
kanans is offline Find More Posts by kanans
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:24 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
201 Posts
Hi guys,
has anyone tried Bandit with and without SFGs and Vortexs? What effect does it exactly have?

Thanks
Jan
HonzaS is offline Find More Posts by HonzaS
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanans View Post
One month after I recieved my gorgeous new green Bandit. Still can't fly her . Three weeks of trying to contact the US site to send back the Voltec servos that don't center, and one that completely failed after 5 minutes of bench testing an trimming. I have never talked bad about an online company but this is pretty bad. I was going to wait to post this, but I think a month of trying is enough.
I'm with you...got mine for Christmas and it's still not flyable. Waiting on the backordered CF spinner. Ended up cancelling some stuff off my backorder with them...ie servos and lipos. Got my servos in this week from Todd's Models so I've got the plane completely ready except for the spinner and balancing. I could buy a different spinner but I already paid for this one as part of the bling package.
Tmorelock is offline Find More Posts by Tmorelock