HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:33 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,136 Posts
how about a canopy lacht like E.F. and others....

works all the time.

fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo View Post
Tx buddies for your nice words. Just to share I just opened a new blog-thread of my personal Bandit set-up on acro3d.com, a nice 3D and extreme aerobatics spanish talked forum. Maybe that will be interesting as more addicional info to the suplied instructions. Here is the link.
http://www.acro3d.com/public/phpbb3/...p=89084#p89084
This is awesome,I've seen two on the Bandit now,Only problem is one is in Spanish and the other is in German. lol
Mingus The Red is offline Find More Posts by Mingus The Red
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
how about a canopy lacht like E.F. and others....

works all the time.

fred
I am getting some latches as a final solution if I can't get the magnets to work well enough.
luke352 is online now Find More Posts by luke352
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus The Red View Post
This is awesome,I've seen two on the Bandit now,Only problem is one is in Spanish and the other is in German. lol
No problemo buddy. You can use the Google Translator Tool, or feel free to ask any question about ....
Sipirroau, good canopy test. Im waiting also your flying to know if the added magnet resolved the problem. Tx. friend.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:48 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
882 Posts
Great build pictures. I love my red Bandit but I must admit the Blue is very sharp.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:41 AM
www.3dextratime.be
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Dessel
Joined Oct 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus The Red View Post
or if you like to learn a little bit Dutch :

http://www.rc-forum.be/phpBB3/viewto...8e3d357445b64c

3d extra time is offline Find More Posts by 3d extra time
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:03 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirroau View Post
I supose that you, Spirroau, of course, opened the inner air exit hole on the rear side of the fuse, to let de airflow get out...
Anyway, Im on time to add a couple magnets more...

Who feels stupid now ?, thanks Ultimatetwo, have cut "air exit" and will retest. Thanks again

That exactly what I was about to ask you Paul,

Do cut the air exit as it is very important. I have tested a few of my Bandits under heavy loads and the hatch stayed on. If you fly really hard and fast (4S setup) you may consider cutting additional bay (exit) for better air flow.

The magnets are very powerful as long as they are in proper contact (hatch sit properly in place) and air exit was cut.

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
On the Quantum ESC lead to the receiver, orange is signal and brown is ground?
Tmorelock is offline Find More Posts by Tmorelock
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Also, are you guys putting any foam padding between the ESC and the motor box?? I could see where foam padding would be detrimental to cooling, but I'm concerned about vibration impacting the ESC without some sort of padding.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:07 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,758 Posts
Ultamatetwo,
Nice neat assembly work. Is the glue you use to fix the tail CA? I never use CA for these sorts of glue joints because;
  1. It can get on the covering and make a real mess that's hard if not impossible to remove without marking the covering.
  2. It grabs quickly and unpredictably meaning the tail could end up glued on out of alignment or even before you have it properly seated in the slot.
I use plain old PVA wood glue. It's slower drying so there is no chance of it grabbing before you have got the tail properly seated and you have ample time to check tail for exact alignment. Also being water based you can wipe off the unhardened glue with a damp tissue.

PVA is at least as strong as CA for these kinds of joints.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmorelock View Post
On the Quantum ESC lead to the receiver, orange is signal and brown is ground?
Yes. It is a "JR" style lead.

Orange = Signal
Red = Positive
Brown = Negative
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evel Knievel View Post
Yes. It is a "JR" style lead.

Orange = Signal
Red = Positive
Brown = Negative
Thanks...was pretty sure that was right but didn't want to assume anything. Always been a Futaba guy so the JR wiring was foreign to me.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Ultamatetwo,
Nice neat assembly work. Is the glue you use to fix the tail CA? I never use CA for these sorts of glue joints because;
  1. It can get on the covering and make a real mess that's hard if not impossible to remove without marking the covering.
  2. It grabs quickly and unpredictably meaning the tail could end up glued on out of alignment or even before you have it properly seated in the slot.
I use plain old PVA wood glue. It's slower drying so there is no chance of it grabbing before you have got the tail properly seated and you have ample time to check tail for exact alignment. Also being water based you can wipe off the unhardened glue with a damp tissue.

PVA is at least as strong as CA for these kinds of joints.

Steve
Hi Steve, Tx very much for your support. Let me explain what I do. For gluing the paper hinges, what I use is fine ciano aplied carefully with a pointed tip. As soon the hinges are glued, if there is the white smoke fumes that sometimes happens, on that stage its relative easy to clean it with alcohol and a damp cloth. I dont like to use paper cloth for clean plastic covered models cause it is like " sanding " the finishing of your model.
For gluing the stab to the fuse, what I use is 30 minutes epoxy and temporal paper tapes near the joint that latter I remove, no use ciano for that step. PVA glue as you use is another very good option, but as it is water base and I live near the seaside, and sometimes even fly over the water, and humidity here is a constant, I preffer use epoxy.
If you may, you can chek my aproach to that....
Tx again Steve.
Manolo.
http://www.acro3d.com/public/phpbb3/...13106&start=15
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,758 Posts
Thanks, yes, epoxy is a good option, i should have guessed that's what you were using. I'm not sure on the Bandit but many ARF build instructions specify CA to glue the tail in place and I've never understood why, it just seems to be the last thing to use for that job.
I prefer PVA over epoxy as it adds less weight but that's probably because I have a background in freeflight models where every fraction of a gram is an enemy. I use the outdoor/weatherproof type of PVA which is good for anything short of prolonged immersion.

I look forward to the flight report

Steve

PS.. Looking at your build photos I see you have very close attention to detail, a man after my own heart! One trick on the wheel spindles that you might want to consider. i hate wobbly wheels and the PA method of having plastic wheels that run directly on the threads of a bolt is pretty poor IMHO. It's a shame PA don't use proper machines wheel spindel like some other manufacturers. After half a dozen flights and the wheels wobble all over the place. The way I fixed this on my recent PA build was to take a bit of (4mm OD from memory) brass tube, cut a piece just slightly longer than the wheel hub width and sliped this over the axle. The wheel hub then needs to be reamed/drilled out to fit over the tube, there was enough 'meat' in the hub to do this without any problem. the retaining nut then is added 'nipping' the brass tube solid to the axle and allowing the wheel to spin on a good smooth bearing surface. Your wheels now don't wobble and last for ages.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; Jan 11, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo View Post
No problemo buddy. You can use the Google Translator Tool, or feel free to ask any question about ....
Sipirroau, good canopy test. Im waiting also your flying to know if the added magnet resolved the problem. Tx. friend.
Manolo.
Waiting for your cockpit closeups!!!
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer