HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Boomer1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:15 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
Discussion
Micro Magic project update

OK, things are moving forward. I was able to come up with a replacment hull and deck to replace the damaged one. I have sold the other boat and extra parts.

I must admit to being somewhat disappointed in fit of the hull and deck components. It requires a lot of clugging around to get them together. Sandy at Graupner USA is a very helpful to MM owners. All the guys I have spoken to, are very helpful as well. So if you want to build one, you have some back up if you get stuck.

One would think that for as many of these boats that have been sold, the German's would have come up with a better design/fit. These things are blow molded or something like that, and not injection molded. The hulls are very thin, 1MM on the standard hull and the carbon fiber finished boat it is 1.5MM. I quess the lighter the faster.

Anyway, the boat when completed looks nice and is a very good sailing boat.
It is actually surprising, how well this little boat can sail. Time will tell if it is a keeper.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Mar 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4 Posts
miniature harken winches?

Boomer1,
Sorry about the off topic comment, but i noticed you posted a picture of some miniature Harken winches and I can't seem to find anywhere that I can order them online. Do you have a source for them? are they actual functioning winches?

Thanks,
Matt

L at Woodall.cc
smprfidels is offline Find More Posts by smprfidels
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:44 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
Matt
Sorry to say these really fine items have not made it to the market place. The guy that has them is a bit shall we say odd. I have pretty much given up any hope of getting any.
Wish I had better news.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1