HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2011, 06:24 PM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
Real Flight Basic Vs. Real Flight G5.5

Hello,

I am going purchase a flight sim, comes down to rf Basic or Real Flight g5.5

I have read the descriptions of the product and it seams as though i can get away with basic. I just thought i see if anyone had a reason to talk me into g5.5..

I dont really care about multiplayer combat and such. I really just want it to learn how to fly 4 channel before i buy. I currently fly a Super Cub and am doing ok, still the odd rough landing here and there.

Can anyone think of any reason i would regret not paying the extra 100.00 for real flight g5.5?
Brimlife is offline Find More Posts by Brimlife
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:43 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,019 Posts
This comparison chart might help.
http://www.realflight.com/comparison-chart.html
I have RealFlight, and never tried Basic. I wouldn't mind the fewer aircraft or lack of 3D fields or online flying. However the fact that you can't even edit the aircraft's behavior seems like too big a limitation to me. You might not mind that when you're a total beginner, since you wouldn't know how they should behave anyway. But that's what I think you might regret not having once you start flying actual planes, and then want to try tuning the sim planes to be more like your planes. Just my two cents.
bilboa is offline Find More Posts by bilboa
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:23 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
The swap pages would be a big reason. RFB cannot install any of the hundreds of free custom aircraft posted by some very talented users. You can make your own for use with G5.5 as well. Not so with RFB. If a $200 sim is simply out of the question for you, RFB is a good product. If you can spare the extra cash to buy G5.5, it's a decision you would not regret. Since you're asking, though, I assume the cash is available. I think you'd be happier with G5.5.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:41 PM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Thanks Guys, Thats the info i needed. I bet i would end up buying the full version for user created models eventually, I'll just spring for the extra 100 now.

Thanks again!!

Brim
Brimlife is offline Find More Posts by Brimlife
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:11 PM
United States, PA, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2007
207 Posts
Real Flight G 5.5 Combat Flying

I recently purchase Real Flight G 5.5 and would like to use find some additional information on the combat controls other than the missles and guns. Targeting information and other areas to enjoy the combat mode. I cant find anything on the simulator only viewing the airplane.

Chris
ChrisFlysRC is offline Find More Posts by ChrisFlysRC