SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:27 AM
Bicycle clown
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2010
399 Posts
Discussion
About the rise on nationalism in northern Europe

Guys, it"s getting bit hot here politically. Three weeks to the elections and more and more people and politicians known as patient men and women are going just verbally bonkers. Loosing their cool completely.
Not seen anything like this in my lifetime here. Game is allready nastier now than ever between your teapartiers and liberals.
This new rise of the Nationalist party has just gobsmacked all those old parties. They are angry, mad, and mean, because their old status quo is gonna be destroyed now. They don"t object nationalist with any fact arguments, but bad behaviour, insults, and open hate. Most of the media is with them. This attack is just uncredible.
Yesterday example one of the Green party politicians called Nationalist party members "parasites"(nazi term) on media.
So we don"t have now people who are angry for politicians, but politicians who angry for people voting that wrong party.
Nationalist party leader is a catholic man, and media constantly, day after day is blaming him evil because he does not allow abortion. Fair enough, maybe.
So why? Why this sudden tsunami of nationalism?
I give you just one example.
Last week our government signed a law that says that always, when a national citizen and a foreigner are found to have equal qualifications when seeking a job, that job should be given to that foreigner.
Imagine this be written officially on your constitution. That every foreigner has superior rights over you by the law. This is multikulti gone mad. All those laws are are driven by the Green party.
Shuffle is offline Find More Posts by Shuffle
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
Interesting..had to look it up...your English is as bad as mine

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72O0TM20110325
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:54 AM
Bicycle clown
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2010
399 Posts
That"s ok link. Yeah, my english...varies every day Some day i might do quite well and some other day not so well. If you are little tired or something your foreign language skill drops immediately. I read and listen very well, but output sometimes is not so good.
Shuffle is offline Find More Posts by Shuffle
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:58 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
The fighting is over the dissolution of your culture and nation, which is being ground against the rock of post modernist mulitculturism. Some don't see this dissolution as a problem.

You should.

What you are seeing in the Greens is the same thing that always rises when the hard left faces reasoned opposition...the name calling, the threats coming out from behind the utopian notions.

Attacking someone in these ways who refuses to defend abortion, is just as bad. Look at what they are attacking...even if they don't agree, you'd think they could see the objection and credit that. Instead, he has touched a nerve center of one of the Greens Holy Sacraments...the ability to have sex without consequences... regardless of it's cost in lives.

Be that as it may, the vitriol you are seeing is part confusion, part frustration, part fear. Their economic model has reached a breaking point and their social model of tearing down cultures because no one is any better than any other are coming to a head and it seems to them as if their tenure as enlightened controllers and designers of society is threatened.

And it is.

For very, very good reason.

Their ideas are wrong. And destructive.

And it is finally becoming apparent just how destructive, and those who have noticed are standing up to them in spite of the insults threats and flying spittle...this has never occurred to many on the left in their entire lifetimes. They assumed power was their due.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Last edited by MtnGoat; Mar 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
That"s ok link. Yeah, my english...varies every day Some day i might do quite well and some other day not so well. If you are little tired or something your foreign language skill drops immediately. I read and listen very well, but output sometimes is not so good.
Tis ok...I use slag a mixture of many
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogel View Post
Interesting..had to look it up...your English is as bad as mine
Shuffle has, of course, got an excellent reason for that - and his English is actually very good -how's your Finnish, btw?
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:25 AM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Yup, I think Shuffle’s English is darn good, considering. Regarding Finnish politics, it isn’t covered here and I don’t expect it to be covered here. Any information regarding Finnish politics I’ve read comes from Shuffle and I find it compelling; should be an interesting 3 weeks. Keep it coming Shuffle.
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:27 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Last week our government signed a law that says that always, when a national citizen and a foreigner are found to have equal qualifications when seeking a job, that job should be given to that foreigner.
Imagine this be written officially on your constitution. That every foreigner has superior rights over you by the law. This is multikulti gone mad. All those laws are are driven by the Green party.
Sadly, we are not that far from it in the US. Certainly if you choose not to hire the foreigner, you had better have a very justifiable reason or you can be sued for discrimination.

Naturally, if you are a European Male Foreigner under 40 with no disabilities, you are out of luck.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:31 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
pendulum swings ... the failure to find the middle will always result in swings towards the extremes.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Wouldn't want patriarchal hierarchical power structures rooted in white and class privilege to persist, would we?

They actually think garbage like that.
Last edited by MtnGoat; Mar 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Shuffle has, of course, got an excellent reason for that - and his English is actually very good -how's your Finnish, btw?
Sucks but my Arabic is second to none
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Quote:
Guys, it"s getting bit hot here politically. Three weeks to the elections and more and more people and politicians known as patient men and women are going just verbally bonkers. Loosing their cool completely.
Not seen anything like this in my lifetime here. Game is allready nastier now than ever between your teapartiers and liberals.
This new rise of the Nationalist party has just gobsmacked all those old parties. They are angry, mad, and mean, because their old status quo is gonna be destroyed now. They don"t object nationalist with any fact arguments, but bad behaviour, insults, and open hate. Most of the media is with them. This attack is just uncredible.
Yesterday example one of the Green party politicians called Nationalist party members "parasites"(nazi term) on media.
So we don"t have now people who are angry for politicians, but politicians who angry for people voting that wrong party.
Nationalist party leader is a catholic man, and media constantly, day after day is blaming him evil because he does not allow abortion. Fair enough, maybe.
So why? Why this sudden tsunami of nationalism?
I give you just one example.
In times of economic stringency, certain people look for scapegoats. The more easily identifiable the scapegoats are then the easier it is for those intent on mischief to fire up the opinion of the lowest common denominator by spreading nationalistic xenophobia and hatred of strangers. It is easiest of all if the scapegoats are dark skinned, as they are then readily identified visually, but language and cultural differences are also called upon.

More often than not the nationalist has a completely flawed idea of their own national identity and, funnily enough, as their own blood line gets closer to that of the scape goats the more rabid they become.

We saw it here with the BNP and EDL, who have switched their main focus over time from blacks and Jews to Muslims and Eastern Europeans in recent years. Once they had completely mucked up their campaign against Eastern European guest economic migrants, by the use of a Spitfire (RF-D) from a Polish squadron in their Battle For Britain a few years ago, they have dialled back the rhetoric on the Poles, but it's every bit as hateful towards Muslims.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:45 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Great thread.. very timely.

First of all, Shuffle's English is better than a lot of high school American graduates who were born here, and it's certainly better than a large population of Texas who weren't born here.
Shuffle would get along very nicely in the US.

Secondly, the thread should have been closed and made a Sticky after Goat's post. He nailed it.
It's everything Goat said, and nothing of the nonsense that Leccy added later.

If you want to know why the UK is in the trouble it is, it's because Leccy's mindset and worldview is what too many English believe.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:47 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Then there are the scapegoats who are not because they are the actual and legitimate causes of the problem... Causal responsibility is real and does occur.

A case in point...the provable responsibility of parties supporting immigrants over all others for the conditions this misguided and destructive effort causes in the nation so afflicted.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:00 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
The more Koff I drink, the better my Finnish becomes! Kippis!!
LVsoaring is online now Find More Posts by LVsoaring