HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:00 PM
newbie crash and burner
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Question
vista compatible flight simulators

Hello everyone: First time in the forum. I need help. I started flying RC last summer and after numerous crashes, I have decided to get a simulator. The Esky one looks like it will be suitable, but my computer runs Vista. Any suggestions on how to get an inexpensive working simulator and controller? Will the esky controller work with vista if I get a different simulator? I a ignorant to this. I just dont want to spend a ton of money at this time. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
nobility71 is offline Find More Posts by nobility71
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:51 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
RealFlight will work on Vista. It comes with it's own controller.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:32 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,671 Posts
The "ESky" simulator is actually FMS. ESky just sell you the controller and include the free software. There are many posts here and all over explaining how to make FMS work with Vista. It takes a bit of setting up that's all.

Even easier to set up is Clearview and at $40 it's a lot less expensive than RealFlight. http://rcflightsim.com/

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Mar 28, 2011, 06:13 PM
newbie crash and burner
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Thanks Steve. I think I get it now.

Soilt will work, the Esky controller will work with other programs or work with FMS with the proper setup.

thanks a ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
The "ESky" simulator is actually FMS. ESky just sell you the controller and include the free software. There are many posts here and all over explaining how to make FMS work with Vista. It takes a bit of setting up that's all.

Even easier to set up is Clearview and at $40 it's a lot less expensive than RealFlight. http://rcflightsim.com/

Steve
nobility71 is offline Find More Posts by nobility71