HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 12:47 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerdude View Post
I've purchased a 3.7 v lipo from the local hobbie store but can't figure out where the blue wire should connect on the battery. Any help much appreciated.
You will need to desolder the small electronic circuit that is attached to the orginal battery. If you take off the protective sellotape wrapped around the wires/circuit coming of the battery, you should then be able to unfold the circuit and desolder it from the existing battery.

Reverse the process on your new lipo and you should be good to go.

I hope that helps.

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnilsen View Post
You will need to desolder the small electronic circuit that is attached to the orginal battery. If you take off the protective sellotape wrapped around the wires/circuit coming of the battery, you should then be able to unfold the circuit and desolder it from the existing battery.

Reverse the process on your new lipo and you should be good to go.

I hope that helps.

- Thomas
Thomas ,

Thanks for the quick response and I'll give it a try. Do you happen to know what type of USB wall charger I should get 5v 1000 mAh?
Gixxerdude is offline Find More Posts by Gixxerdude
Old Jun 04, 2011, 05:02 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerdude View Post
Thanks for the quick response and I'll give it a try. Do you happen to know what type of USB wall charger I should get 5v 1000 mAh?
I guess 5v 1000mah would work. A normal PC usb port delivers about 500mah and according to the Myvu documentation it takes twice as long to charge using a PC to charge as it does with a wall charger. So the 5v 1000mah should work fine.

- Thomas
Old Jun 04, 2011, 12:46 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
I've been using my PC, no wonder it never seems fully charged. Although that could also have to do with my lipo being badly puffed. I charged it up @ 100ma from ~1v. I need to put a new battery in it, it's so puffed that the case will not even close all the way. I don't think I would risk putting this on a 1a charge.
volto is offline Find More Posts by volto
Old Jun 04, 2011, 03:52 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volto View Post
I've been using my PC, no wonder it never seems fully charged. Although that could also have to do with my lipo being badly puffed. I charged it up @ 100ma from ~1v. I need to put a new battery in it, it's so puffed that the case will not even close all the way. I don't think I would risk putting this on a 1a charge.
I believe the charge circuit attached to the battery reduces the input. So even if you use a 5v 1000mah usb charger, the battery won't be charged with that input. A USB 2.0 port spec delivers 500mah and it takes up to 4 hours according to the manual to charge with this. So it's obvious that the internal circuit on the Myvu is doing something to control the input.

That's my theory anyway.

I charged mine up with a 100 mAh charge by connecting it directly to the lipo sidestepping the charge circuit on the battery.

- Thomas
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:12 AM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
I'm sure you're right. The battery is what, 200 mah, so for it to take 4 hours to charge, that means it is only delivering 50ma? 100ma is the lowest setting on my charger, maybe thats why I ruined the battery, but at less than 1v for a lipo, it was probably doomed anyway.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
Help

Hi all,

So after finding a broken pair on ebay for 17 I though what the heck! Batt was seperate so re soldered it on nothing, plugged it in to charge and solid orange light came on and then when you pressed the button the sloid blue light came on.
After reading this thread about 20 times I'm now stuck!! I have done every thing mentioned but now feel as though the "brains" are dead as even with it plugged in and av connected I STILL don't get any picture.

Any advice?

Thanks.
firebreather6969 is offline Find More Posts by firebreather6969
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:22 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebreather6969 View Post
Hi all,

So after finding a broken pair on ebay for 17 I though what the heck! Batt was seperate so re soldered it on nothing, plugged it in to charge and solid orange light came on and then when you pressed the button the sloid blue light came on.
After reading this thread about 20 times I'm now stuck!! I have done every thing mentioned but now feel as though the "brains" are dead as even with it plugged in and av connected I STILL don't get any picture.

Any advice?

Thanks.
I see your problem, problem is you soldered it on nothing. You have to solder it to something.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:08 AM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
On a serious note though firebreather, check the voltage of that battery, I wouldn't be surprised if it was well under 3v, in which case the internal charger won't even bother with charging it. I had to desolder it from the charging circuit, and hit it with 4.5v until the cell was over 3v, and then solder it back on. Then the charging circuit began charging it, it will blink orange when charging, solid orange when it's done.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:54 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Solid blue light indicates that the unit is reading a valid AV signal. Could be that the goggles are damaged beyond what a new battery will fix.

- Thomas
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:46 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
I have a feeling he is getting solid blue/orange, not just blue. It looks kinda purple. Thats what I was getting when I tried to turn mine on when connected to the charger, before the battery was fixed.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:47 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
BTW I have two pairs of myvu crystals, and I replaced the batteries with cells from a zippy 2s 500mah, they fit in the case nicely.
Old Aug 01, 2011, 12:59 AM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
what do you guys use to block the light from these, have you modded the ski mask or made some cover for them
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old Aug 01, 2011, 02:34 AM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
Rob (fpvplastics) is developing a mask for the myvu crystal. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=838
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:24 PM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
ok guys, anyone having trouble with their goggles, mine keeps loosing picture in the left screen, and also yesterday i was out and while flying my goggles were black and white, i checked my camera in my tv and it was full colour, so maybe my goggles have a fault
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit