HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rab, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:27 PM
rab
----***----
Arlington, Virginia
Joined Aug 2004
702 Posts
Discussion
Build/Fly

Yesterday turned out to be a very nice one for flying. I just bought a Radian from a friend and was keen to fly it for the first time. The winds on the field were variable in a way that I've often thought meant lift. I flew a several packs to get used the Radian. Twice on one flight I got lucky and entered a thermal. I was circling and noticed that the plane was getting pretty small and decided I should dive out. And then I reentered the thermal and did it again. Subsequently I transited plenty of thermals but was not able to ride any of them.

- Allen
rab is offline Find More Posts by rab
to remove ads between posts