HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by FLAME747, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Hi Gryphon, the six series will be my fly everyday “Crash” unit.

The 16/30 will go into the fuse I am working on right now, I expect to maiden by next week. Just waiting on 1 last component

I have 2 more fuse waiting to be built – each will have its own purpose and different dedicated power system.

1 will be an EDF so I can use my 16/25/1,5R – the hobby store I ordered from today did not have any Wemo mini pro fans in sock, may consider other fan units – but must be able to use my 16/25.

The last one – will have all the bells & whistles - ETA unknown, but stay tuned

I have too much time on my hands,

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:35 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Few updates - New Six Series came in today.

Went a little to heavy on the 2nd coat of Z-poxy, got some drips, no problem, I could file them down.

Mod my ESC to aid in cooling - Again Thanks mopar
Might drill out two more holes - each by the + & -

BTW - I noticed the ICE 100 does not fit flush inside of the FJ Fuse, probably a good thing, so will have airflow ontop and below the unit.

Now - I need advise on hooking up the BEC, Which is best typical - powered off of the main pack, or separate dedicated pack?

Thanks,

FCA
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:44 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,477 Posts
Flame,maybe open the front of the esc a little more,it will get the air really flowing through there.You can always file of the tear drops that are hangin' down to clean up the look.Im running a seperate lipo pack for my bec's(3s 460).

I must say though,I really like that colour!!!it just shine's dude!!!!

Whats the name of it??
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:11 AM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
I was in the process of drilling extra holes, but then my case worker came over, so the lab got shut down for the night

yeah it does have a little tint to it, It's the Z-Poxy.

As for name - Someone suggested I name it Princess Jasmine

But don't know, I was trying to convince the case worker to help me launch it vertical - but she said no.

So time for reverse psychology - maybe if I name it Chanel - she would bite

As for the separate lipo for the rx & servos - I have 2 E-Flight 3S 800mAh packs, from an old CP Pro heli, they are pretty small.

If I choose to use a separate lipo for the rx & servos - Do I still need to remove the red wire from the ESC?

Thanks,

FCA
Old Apr 01, 2011, 07:32 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,477 Posts
Jasmine?Channel?tough decision,those might not be bad sized lipo's to use,if they are light enough go for it.
Yes when you run the seperate bec you need to disconect the red wire,I used a servo extension and removed it from that,and set your bec to 6v.
Im hoping to get some zpoxy down this weekend,also get some data for the Mega 16/30/1.5sec from 4s and 5s.

Later dude!!
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:54 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,862 Posts
Make sure to cycle at higher AMPs (up to 60-70ish??) before going all out with high prop loads.

If I remember right you had a bunch of lights...maybe another pack or two of lights would be needed at most.

Look at table on bottom of this page for approximate AMP draw given number of lights for various voltages.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...64/key_/tm.htm

You need some sort of Wattmeter to monitor mAH and voltages.
Do not walk off for a second.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Apr 02, 2011, 02:29 AM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Ok who can guess what this is for

Old Apr 02, 2011, 07:05 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Its your attempt at ruining your ESC !? ! ? ! ?
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:45 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
Ok who can guess what this is for

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Its your attempt at ruining your ESC !? ! ? ! ?
Ha ha - it does the same thing as the castle quick connect, but only $5.00
Poor man's quick connect

Anyway for those of you who visit my blog, you may have noticed from time to time I mention the term Case Worker, No I am not posting from behind bars of a maximum security penitentiary

I present the Case Worker & FJ# 1

Sadly FJ# 1 - Was retired yesterday, I will post video later, but here ia a small morsel to wet the appetite.

Video will show me working hard on refining my skills on bending a Mega 5mm shaft, so I can take Gryphon up on his offer
I'll post it later

Wonder - does Mega offer a 20mm shaft, might have to look into that

BTW: Mopar this Z-Poxy/Heat treated fuse is super stiff, when I press down on the foam it does not give at all, no popping

FJ# 2 Will take to the air next sunday, let's see how long she lives
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:52 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
1. Ha ha - it does the same thing as the castle quick connect, but only $5.00
Poor man's quick connect

2. BTW: Mopar this Z-Poxy/Heat treated fuse is super stiff, when I press down on the foam it does not give at all, no popping
1. Have you used it yet ? Did you make it, or did you purchase it ?
2. Can you elaborate somewhat (obviousely NOT for my sake) so everyone can get an idea of exactely what you mean ?
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:53 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
1. Have you used it yet ? Did you make it, or did you purchase it ?
2. Can you elaborate somewhat (obviousely NOT for my sake) so everyone can get an idea of exactely what you mean ?
Yes I have used it, I cannot post on an open forum who told me about this but I will PM you the info if you want.

Main reason for the adapter is a simple cheap work around to getting the data logs from my ICE, and I don't have to remove the red wire from the ESC lead,
So ICE ESC plugs into the female plug on the y-adapter, the male with the white & black wire plugs into the throttle channel, and the other male plug with all the wires stays free to use anytime to download the data, no unplugging from the rx.

Note: I had a Castle Quick Connect - I once can unplugged, then got toasted when I crashed Stryker # 1
The doubt with this Y-Adapter the ESC plug is gonna disconnect.

Just 1 of a few items from Flame's Black Ops Secret Division "Where it does not exist, till it's tested and proven"

I plug the BEC into the bind port.

I have all the plugs. crimper, servo pins - but no time, I had Kirk from New Creations RC make these for me, Both Kirk and Susan are Great people, I Highly recommend them http://www.newcreations-rc.com/default.aspx

The Z-Poxy / Heat gun method - adds a whole new dimension of stiffness and strenght to the already strong FJ Elapor foam.

If I understand the process - when the z-poxy is heated, some of it is absorbed into the foam, and rest that remains on top provided a nice smooth coat, once allowed to cure/harden over a 48Hr period

It will take a few try's to get it right, in some of the areas where I heated the foam up to much, I got larger kernels, and had to fill it in with additional Z-Poxy just adding extra weight

When I compare untreated form, to the Z-Poxy/heat gun method treaded foam it is a lot harder, I pressed down pretty hard into the form and was not able to make a dimple, nor did the z-poxy pop.

Note: If the Z-poxy is simply painted on, and allowed to dry - it will stiffen up the foam, but will pop when you press down on it

FCA
Last edited by FLAME747; Apr 03, 2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 11:14 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,477 Posts
Flame I think you can plug the bec into an aux. channel also.
I may be wrong
Old Apr 03, 2011, 11:27 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Flame I think you can plug the bec into an aux. channel also.
I may be wrong
You are correct, the BEC can be plugged into any free channel

FCA
Old Apr 04, 2011, 05:38 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Or into any "Y" harness for any channel.

Thanks for giving that detailed run down on the finish of the Painted epoxy and heat treatment.

It looks like there might be a PC board under the heat shrink, or is it just covering some solder points ??
Old Apr 04, 2011, 09:08 AM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Or into any "Y" harness for any channel.

Thanks for giving that detailed run down on the finish of the Painted epoxy and heat treatment.

It looks like there might be a PC board under the heat shrink, or is it just covering some solder points ??

I tried my best to explain the Z-Poxy / heat gun method - awaiting my Grade

it might be a PC board, I don't know - Gonna call him later and ask.

FCA