HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:52 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Dang Lee, I hate wasting money on stuff that doesn't work the way it should. Hope it didn't cost that much. Thanks for sharing the experience so nobody else gets sucked in

@Jim I meant to answer your question and forgot No, I did not fly my "Amelia" canopy. It was the green one you sent as a gift after you bought my airbrush set-up. I hope it is still running good.

Well, me and Sonny are gonna make another attempt at trimming his V4 today at the VFW. He had to switch over the 4in1. He had to rob it out of his KOB...no big loss I have my mcX packed up with 6 batts to fly. My V4 is down. I have to change out the "A" gear. Dang, the gear spun as I had the screw driver on the collar trying to loosen it. BAM, those philip head drivers sure are sharp. Right into my middle finger. I even had it in a vise and it still spun. I'm still afraid to touch the V4. Gonna heat it up with the soldering iron when I work up the nerve to help remove the screw.

Dang, just had one heck of a storm move through. Gonna be like this for the day I think. Have a good one all.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:19 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Mike,
I see.
Yes the airbrush is still going strong. I take very good care of it.
The thing was brand new when I got it.
Love that thing!
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:30 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Mike,
I see.
Yes the airbrush is still going strong. I take very good care of it.
The thing was brand new when I got it.
Love that thing!
Jim
I'm so happy it went to a good home rather than sitting in the cellar collecting dust BTW, I really do love that green canopy (djkhobby.com) I believe it's the Xtreme with the rounded end tabs and flared sides. Man, that thing flys nice

Mike.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:30 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
Mike, I did not spend any money on it at all. A co-worker gave it to me and said try it out. He is gonna want it back though. I think. If I liked it, I was gonna buy one. Now I will just stick with my old ones. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:39 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
WOW...everyone must be out flying including myself Got Sonny's V4 trimmed in very nicely today. Was doing funnels about 6" off the deck and keeping a 3' radius ( i love the look on people's faces when they see this) If they are still in stock, Sonny and I are buying a 120SR tomorrow. I hope they are still in stock. I'm doing the BNF and Sonny the RTF. Dang, there is a tornado watch but, I think the bulk of the storm looks like it will slide south. My sister lives on the south shore. I'm keeping a sharp eye on the radar as Boston could get a direct hit. I'm sure nothing like Joplin,MO but folk around here are terrified. Highly unusual for tornado's around these neck of the woods

Mike.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Mike, I did not spend any money on it at all. A co-worker gave it to me and said try it out. He is gonna want it back though. I think. If I liked it, I was gonna buy one. Now I will just stick with my old ones. Lee
I had to do a quick repair on Sonny's V4 antenna (no explanation there) before heading out today and thought of you and the cold soldering iron. It really is only a 10 minute wait to do it the old school way. Durk didn't care for it either. Oh well, it was a try

Mike.

: Lee, do these EWD's really work? Do you use them? I'll be ordering new batts soon and don;t want to damage them. I'm not a very good time keeper
http://rc24seven.ecrater.com/p/10630...warning-device
Last edited by Chap1012; Jun 01, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:38 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
Your kidding me right? Dang. Lee
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:48 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Your kidding me right? Dang. Lee
All batteries fly different ..right? You can't time them.. Um,, ha, ha,...Lee, "how am I kidding you"

Dang Guys, Springfield took a direct hit. News footage looks bad.

EDIT: 4 people are confirmed dead and they are still looking. It is night time now making rescue efforts difficult. Many are seriously injured. I have never seen this kind of natural destruction in this state in my life and I am 58. I am still in disbelief.

Mike.
Last edited by Chap1012; Jun 01, 2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: I thought 33 were dead
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:34 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
Mike that is terrible. Hope your family is well. Prayers to the families that suffered. I asked were you kiddin me because you linked to my ad. You must have read what it said there. Yet, you ask me if they really work. Have I sold anything that dosn't? Have I mislead you ever? I havn't flown with one in quite some time. Havn't flown a copter in quite some time. I barely remember how they work anymore. haha. I know they saved my super BOL from two crashes. The audible alarm is quited loud. Kinda sooo loud, if you turn it on in the house, everone will shout "Was that you!" and you say "yepper." I know I flew it on the little lamas. If I remember correctlly, it constantlly reads the volts from every cell on your battery. If one drops too much the alarm sounds. There is also a visual LED's that you can reference if your eyes are good enough. Lee
Old Jun 02, 2011, 10:22 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
All batteries fly different ..right? You can't time them.. Um,, ha, ha,...Lee, "how am I kidding you"

Dang Guys, Springfield took a direct hit. News footage looks bad.

EDIT: 4 people are confirmed dead and they are still looking. It is night time now making rescue efforts difficult. Many are seriously injured. I have never seen this kind of natural destruction in this state in my life and I am 58. I am still in disbelief.

Mike.
Mike:

Did you have any relations there?

Yes the devastation can be a shocked, happened in Woodstock in 1979. I was watching it from my front door, it was directly south of me about a mile away and heading south. The destruction was terrible, I could not believe what I saw.

Durk
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:16 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Thankfully the coastline was spared. No one that I know was affected. Thanks for all your concerns Guys.

Lee, as soon as the dust settles (I've been very busy) I'll be hooking up with you to buy a couple of those EWD's. Maybe later today or tomorrow. I'll give you a shout on the yahoo ok.

Sonny and I grabbed the last two 120SR's. Sonny paid for mine with the agreement I pay him back on the "easy payment plan." He is an awesome friend

I, and the other officers have a Ritual to perform Sunday at a wake for a fallen Comrade. It's been almost 2 years since the last one. It's hard to explain as to who and why receives a Ritual.

Mike.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:24 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Mike,
Are you by chance a Shriner or Mason?
I've been meaning to ask you for quite some time but forgot. (Frieslander moments)
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:59 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Mike,
Are you by chance a Shriner or Mason?
I've been meaning to ask you for quite some time but forgot. (Frieslander moments)
Jim
Jim,
As indicated in my profile, I'm the Chaplain for the VFW Post 1012 in Medford, Mass. I've held this office since 2007. Hence my user name (Chap1012). BTW, the new "National" Commander-In-Chief is being sworn in, in Aug. and hails from our Post. He will be the top dog for all of the VFW through out the nation. In fact, at the last meeting we appropriated a large sum of money to have a huge banner placed on the outside of our Post/building..... "Home Of The National Commander-In-Chief; Richard L. DeNoyer."

Mike.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:37 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Where is everyone

Hey Guys, today Sonny and I are gonna a maiden our 120SR's today. We are both very excited.

I think we did very good at the Ritual yesterday. When we finished, many of the women had their hankies out drying their eyes.

I wonder if westerlee is still out fishing

You all have a good day,
Mike.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:46 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
You have a good day Mike. Have fun, and please report. Lee