HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:38 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,142 Posts
Well we had a big dump of wet heavy snow overnight, about 5 to 6 inches of the stuff. Glad I got that snow blower fixed as I really needed it. My son-inlaw usually does it but the poor guy was sick yesterday and only a little better today. Then the snow plow came by and dumped wet sloppy stuff in there. Dang it was HEAVY!

Then off to the physiotherapist for treatment of the whiplash of the neck.

Mike I hope you don't get this sloppy weather your way.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:44 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Mike:

That happens more often than you think. Some folks just can't stand being left behind when a long time spouse dies. Yet others can live on by themselves for years. But still it is a shock to hear when it happens. On the good side, they are together once more.

Bet those 33 days will go slow, going for a week are you? Hope the weather is good then, do they have groundhogs there?

Yes, I have heard this all too often. The older, the more common. Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Anyway, I'm almost done doing "all" the necessary mods on my Super Cub before her maiden. You all know there are mods to do on most aircraft, to make it better pre-flight right???. I'm glassing the wing tips with fiber cloth and water based polyurethane. It's real easy to do and it helps the wing tips from getting road rash on those "perfect" take-off's and landings.
So far I'm very happy with the job. Sonny and I have some serious flying to do when we get back from Jamaica muhn

I'm thinking about getting one of those key chain cams. A #16-808 or the #18-808. I don't know which one yet. Still getting my toes wet so to speak

Lee, you have the #16 don't you? Your vids always looked pretty cool.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:54 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
Quote:

Then off to the physiotherapist for treatment of the whiplash of the neck.

Mike I hope you don't get this sloppy weather your way.
Good luck with the neck. I hope it's feeling better there Bud.

We have been very lucky. The weather has been pretty nasty but, mostly rain. The very little snow we got melted in short order OR was washed away. It's been raining and blowing all day today. I really don't think we are gonna see the sun until next week some time

Dang, that heavy snow really "blows" eh Bud? I'm very happy you have help with it.

Mike.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:55 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,146 Posts
Mike, I don't have a #16 cam. I have the original keychain one. Heck, I didn't even know about the #18. I wanted a #16 because of the ability to output video. Was thinking one day...hooking it up to a video TX. But, that is a long way away. FPV would be so much fun. Maybe I could sell something I have around here to fund it? Hmmmmmmm

Durk, hope it isn't too bad bro. Good luck with the physi visit.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:01 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,146 Posts
I have been practicing my "plastic welding" techniques. Man, sucks I don't still have all those frames and parts I have broke in the past. LOL
Lee
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:16 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
Durk, how are you feeling? How's the neck? I think you need a trip to Montana's for a good steak As long as you don't "snap" your head around looking at the waitresses

Lee, I'm still not sure on the keychain cam, as far as which one to choose. I'd ask in the main thread but, I'm afraid I'd get slapped off side the head if I asked something stupid. That thread is ruled with an iron fist. Too bad the OP is not more laid back. Very knowledgeable BUT, "very" up tight.

I think Sonny is gonna go for the PBY Catalina. He could pull the trigger today

Mike.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:16 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,146 Posts
Wow Mike. The PBY Catalina is a beauty. I have considered building one myself. From foam that I have here of course. I have everything to do it. Well, cept for the plans. But, I could get them easy enough. haha
As far as the KC goes...PM "HARE" and ask his advise. Or Ridgewalker. They know a LOT about all of them. There lenses and capabilities. And they are very friendly people. You do know where to find them right? The Champ threads and off topic.
Lee
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:42 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,142 Posts
Hi Mike:

Sometimes the neck feels good, other times it is a "pain in the neck". Dang I had whiplash about 25 years ago, took years to get better. I think I am in for another one of those. Back then I never took physiotherapy, it was not from a car accident that time.

I was working on the furnace blower that time and was very close to the furnace, As I went to stand up, a little too fast, my head hit the humidifier that was sticking out of the main hot air plenum. My head got slammed to my chest and I nearly passed out. It finally settled back to normal a few years ago.

I am still finding glass fragments from the accidents. Took an empty Kleenex box apart that was in the van and pieces of glass fell out. Every now and then Gerda finds a piece in the house. The body shop told me that unless one wants the vehicle repaired the insurance will write it off because of the broken glass. I wanted it repaired as I had just spend $750 on the transmission and I have 2 sets of almoat brand new summer and winter tires for it.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:56 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
I never thought of the broken glass but, it does sound serious. Just think about driving along the highway with the windows down...tiny pieces of glass flying around that could lodge in your eyes (anyone in the van including your Grandkids). I would re-think your options Bud,,,.. IMHO.

Mike.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:07 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,146 Posts
Who farted!?! Everyone, dawn your safety glasses. I am rolling down the window in 5...4...3...2...1...OUCH!!!
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:28 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,142 Posts
There will be no problem there now as I have thoroughly vacuumed everything with the shop vac. Besides it is too late to re-consider, should have told me before Mike LOL. I might still find the odd piece here and there in crevices etc. but nothing will be flying around.

Lee. it never dawned upon me to don my safety glasses LOL.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:05 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
Durk, I'll send you some gear that might help you
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:22 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,142 Posts
Thanks Mike, I was just at a surplus store looking at gas masks but I figured that I did not need one LOL.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:52 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Mike, I was just at a surplus store looking at gas masks but I figured that I did not need one LOL.
You'll need one after I eat some corned beef and cabbage and come up for a visit

Ah, St. Patrick's Day is coming. My favorite time of year for food..yum!
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:11 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,142 Posts
Aahhh! Corned beef and cabbage, now you're talking. Haven't had one of those church suppers for years, maybe this year.

Was a sunny but nippy day here, the dampness makes the temperature feel much colder.