HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:36 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
Hahahaha, use geyes are soooo funny. ahahaha

No, didn't get to fly. I was gone most of the day. I visited an old school mate. Took down a huge pine tree for him. It was in his back yard. And he needed it down to do an addition to his house. So, every branch had to be lowered down on a rope. It was a hard physical job. And I am paying for it now. haha. Both knees hurt pretty bad. But, my spirit is still in bliss. I was susposed to have a big day today with Miss Tina. We were gonna load up the wagon and go to town. haha. But, nasty thunderboomers are moving in. Ohh, what I said wasn't exactlly accurate. I did too fly. I flew a indoor flight for four or five minutes on a tiny copter. hahahahaha. That is more than likely why I am in such a good mood. I did get to fly after all!!!!
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:27 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,424 Posts
Booger King, Micky D's, Arby's, Wendy's, I eat it all, everything but spinach, beets, yams!

Had a High School trapping buddy that took his own life over a girl. Sad to say the least.

But he ate muskrat, coon, porcupine, beaver, carp eggs, bear, prairie dog, rabbit, raven, magpie, and really to many other animals to remember.

I tried the carp eggs and the beaver. Takes alot of BBQ sauce for the beaver!

I fed an elk herd for the Game & Fish when I was younger, near Jackson Hole WY. My feeding partner and I were invited to an "old timers" cabin, up river, for supper.

The old man had his elk meat hanging in a tree outside the cabin, with the hide still on it. When he got ready to cook, he went outside and got a rear quarter down and laid it on a chopping block. He then took his rusty old wood splitting axe, and chopped a slab of elk meat from the frozen quarter, hair and all.

He peeled the hide off, but lots of elk hair had allready been driven into the meat with the axe. When it was done cooking in the skillet, there was hair all over.

At the dinner table, I tried to wait untill he was not loking and pick some of the hair off, but that was difficult, so I just "bucked up" and ate it.
Wish I would have had a couple bottles of BBQ sauce, to go with my elk hair !!!

I ate it anyway, as I couldn't bring myself to offend the old man, by letting him see me pick the hair off.

Have a good day all !!!

Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:51 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
Kyle, you are most welcome at my campfire anytime. You must be one heck of a great guy. Loved it. Well, all except the suicide part. I have ate a lot of nasty things. But not magpie or prairydog, nor possum. Yuck!!!
ahahahahha
Just cause ya can, don't mean ya should.
LOL
Lee
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:57 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,469 Posts
I'll bet none of you ever had monkey balls. Had those when I was in Thailand and because I was a noob, the Guys passed them off as Swedish meatballs so I wouldn't freak out. I have to admit, they weren't too bad but nothing like Swedish meatballs

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:37 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
We have a winner!!!!!
Now escuse me...I think I am gonna be....blauuuruguggghhhft, SICK!!!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:46 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,608 Posts
Harvey's! I remember Harvey's when I lived North of the border. I miss them.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:46 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I'll bet none of you ever had monkey balls. Had those when I was in Thailand and because I was a noob, the Guys passed them off as Swedish meatballs so I wouldn't freak out. I have to admit, they weren't too bad but nothing like Swedish meatballs

Mike.
Hmmm... were they ground up like normal meatballs or whole? If they were whole, how in the world did they pass them off on you as gound meat balls?

Out here in Wyoming, at cattle brandings, they will take some of the "Rocky Mountain Oysters" and simply place them right on the fire barrel they use to heat the branding irons. The cowboys will walk by and pop them in their mouth as a snack. They have a little dirt and a little rust on them, but hey, we all need a little more "iron" in our diet, right?

They fill a bucket with them, placed in water and salt, and cook them up later in a cleaner more controlled setting.

All kidding aside, they really are not too bad, if a person likes the texture of chicken gizzards.

BTW Lee, your welcome any time at my campfire also! But you will have to leave that possum steak at your camp! LOL

Kyle
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:19 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,903 Posts
Not a flake of snow in sight yesterday, just bare ground. Woke up to this today:
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:02 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,608 Posts
Fresh snow is so beautiful!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:29 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,903 Posts
Until you have to shovel it. It is still coming down. I will send it on it's way to the Boston area, Mikey will love me!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:31 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Not a flake of snow in sight yesterday, just bare ground. Woke up to this today:
Oh Crap! LOL Hope you don't haved to go anywhere, the good thing about snow is, it makes me REALLY enjoy my campfire! (wood stove)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Fresh snow is so beautiful!
No, it is not HP! At least when a person wants to fly an aircraft. It was beautiful stuff when I was 6 YO, now at 52, it is not so pretty anymore! JK LOL

Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:57 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,903 Posts
I could tolerate snow better at 52. That was 17 years ago. Now with both knees replaced I am not so fond of it. Just came in from cleaning it up with the snow blower.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,608 Posts
At 52, you could afford to pay the 6 yo kid next door to shovel that white stuff LOL
Last edited by Heli Pad; Feb 02, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:18 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
At 52, you could afford to pay the 6 yo kid next door to shuffle that white stuff LOL
If you can get the kid outside! Have you ever seen the t-shirt saying:

"The internet is down, maybe I will go outside today" ?

That was my kids, for sure!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:37 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Until you have to shovel it. It is still coming down. I will send it on it's way to the Boston area, Mikey will love me!
I don't think so Bud. According to the fat rodent (Punxsutawney Phil) we are going to have an early spring He didn't see his shadow..*YAY* The year before last, I wanted to go down to Pennsylvania and shoot his rodent fat azz We were up to our eye balls with snow.

Mike
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012