SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:45 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Lets Be Fair and the 3 people refers to the working people and kids in the factories overseas, The 110 hours refers to the amount of hours workers, including kids, have to work in one week in some of those slave labor factories.

Hope that helps. ( I am a grownup, not a ten year old).
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:02 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
LOL Now it all makes sense. Yup, 10 year old's...you gotta love their imagination and how they put it all together. Ha, ha, very nice! How quickly I forgot. LOL, my oldest turns 32 Sunday. Where the heck did the time go
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:32 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
LOL Now it all makes sense. Yup, 10 year old's...you gotta love their imagination and how they put it all together. Ha, ha, very nice! How quickly I forgot. LOL, my oldest turns 32 Sunday. Where the heck did the time go
Both my oldest and my youngest will turn 38 this summer. And it seems like yesterday when I first saw her in the hospital after she was born.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
9 Posts
hello
jmvitto1 is offline Find More Posts by jmvitto1
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:20 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvitto1 View Post
hello
Hi, welcome to the thread. feel free to join the discussions and ask questions.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:26 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Some days nothing goes right. Gerda and I went for our regular coffee break this afternoon. On the way out Gerda suddenly disapeared when I looked away for a second. I looked down and here she was on the concrete walk. There is a slope in that spot for wheel chairs with a coat of clear ice on it.

The weather being what it was the snow was melting on the roof and dripping icicles were forming there. The sun had just moved to the west leaving that area in the shade, instant ice.

She badly skinned her knee that had just healed up from a previous skinning, UGH!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:17 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
Oh, poor thing. I could relate because I skinned my knees last year and it took weeks to heal! It is an area that has constant movements and it just doesn't heal easily.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:40 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Shins are just as bad. I have such scarred skin there, I can only use coated non.stick pads and paper tape. The last time I skinned my shins last fall I had one heck of a time when I pulled the tape off. The surrounding skin came off with the tape UGH!

I was lucky I did not fall there also, that spot was bad. Had I fallen like Gerda did I would have damaged my artificial knee and ended up in the hospital. I am always very nervous when out walking this time of the year. I keep a big plastic garbage bin with a sand and salt mixture handy here at home.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:31 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,934 Posts
Poor Gerda. So sorry Durk. Hope she heals really fast. I still remember when Miss Tina fell out of the attic. Man, those times when our loved ones get hurt are the worse of times.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:38 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Poor Gerda. So sorry Durk. Hope she heals really fast. I still remember when Miss Tina fell out of the attic. Man, those times when our loved ones get hurt are the worse of times.
Lee
Miss Tina fell out of the attic? And who was holding the ladder?

I did that but it was from the hay mow of the barn to the concrete floor when I was 9. Must have knocked some sense into me as I never repeated that.

Did Miss Tina get hurt other than her pride?

Thanks Lee for your kind words.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:43 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Dang Durk, I'm glad Miss Gerda is ok. It could have been much, much worst than a skinned knee. I think the good Lord was watching over the both of you. Be careful !!!

Mike.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Thanks Mike. The coffee shop has promised to cover the cost of the bandages, ointment etc. Already got just over $25 in supplies. Poor Gerda is very prone to infections at the wound so I have to keep on top of it.

I will be talking to the shop owner or manager over the next day or two.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:02 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Thanks Mike. The coffee shop has promised to cover the cost of the bandages, ointment etc. Already got just over $25 in supplies. Poor Gerda is very prone to infections at the wound so I have to keep on top of it.

I will be talking to the shop owner or manager over the next day or two.
Tell them your lawyers are on it...Rodman, Rodman and Rodman 25K should do it. Don't forget, Gerda's knee "could" become worst over the next year or so. Heck, make it 50K come to think of it. $25.00 for bandaids and ointment wouldn't cut it around here

I know, I know, the owner is your friend But, your friend has insurance right

Mike.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:15 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,760 Posts
Mike, now you have done it. Come and pick me up off the floor!

Now if I fell on a certain sidewalk of a home in Malden owned by a certain group member, then I WILL follow your suggestion.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:22 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Mike, now you have done it. Come and pick me up off the floor!

Now if I fell on a certain sidewalk of a home in Malden owned by a certain group member, then I WILL follow your suggestion.
I have a 150K accidental on my policy. We can split it