SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
After warnings yesterday that we were in the storms path and that we would get high winds etc. overnight we got nothing but maybe 10 mph winds with some gusts. Not even enough to blow the last of the leaves off the tree out front. It is cloudy but bright out there now with some wind and some rain every now and then.

Too bad about your buddy's car Mike, that sucks.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:17 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,137 Posts
Ohh dang Mike. Miss Tina and I are praying for Bob right now!!
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:39 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Thanks Guys, I'll let Bob and his wife know you all are thinking of him. Today is his birthday and we always get together for a home cooked meal. Miss Patti is making his fave...tacos! I'll bring my little S107 for some fun hoping that will cheer him up. But, he's an incredibly easy going Guy. It takes a LOT to ruffle his feathers.

Well, Happy Halloween to all you goblins. Don't eat too much candy and don't swallow the chewing gum...it sticks to your stomach as Mom used to say

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:02 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
OK Mike and a Happy Halloween to you too. I am just going to dress as my natural self, scares the heck out of the trick or treaters.

Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Oh yeah, it was a scary night all right. We watched Bob's car get uncovered by the fallen tree. They know they are lucky considering the hell people are going through now. I know they will endure.

Here's a cool vid I came across by accident. Was put out by Banana Hobby (Sept. 2011). It kinda cheered me up

Banana Hobby - Your Online RC Wonderland (1 min 5 sec)

Mike.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:46 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
Neat video Mike. Is Bob's car toast or can it be salvaged?

Got the V929 quad last Thursday, spend about 5 minutes trying it out Friday night. Would have flown longer but too many sleep lacking nights made me too shaky. Also Kieko was getting too close LOL. This thing will bee fun to fly, even with the rates set at 20% it was quite frisky. It kept wanting to hit the ceiling.

Had a couple of good night's sleep and hopefully I will get a chance to really fly her the next couple of days. I got to get back into flying shape.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:23 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Bob's car is toast. Good luck with the quad. Lots of fun eh?

Mike.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:55 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Oh yeah, it was a scary night all right. We watched Bob's car get uncovered by the fallen tree. They know they are lucky considering the hell people are going through now. I know they will endure.

Here's a cool vid I came across by accident. Was put out by Banana Hobby (Sept. 2011). It kinda cheered me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-nGNLoNubw&feature=pyv

Mike.
Thank you for posting this video Mike, it made me smile as looked round my place at all the r/c helis, cars, quads etc, all I am missing is the Harrier lol.

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:35 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-nGNLoNubw&feature=pyv

Mike.
+1 - thanks mike, added to favs ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
+1 - thanks mike, added to favs ...
E2, were you on vacation or something? I thought you were missing during roll call

Today is the big day fellas. Well, for those here in the USA anyway. VOTE! Don't pick your nose...pick a winner. Ya'all picked your nose four years ago

Mike.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:12 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,742 Posts
I voted!
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:44 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I voted!
Many men and women went to their grave defending our rights to do what many Americans take for granted. The right to vote! And that's just for starters.

Which reminds me. Veterans Day is coming up Nov. 11. Don't forget to thank a Veteran for their service on this day. And don't forget those who died.

You're a good man Heli_Pad I'm sure there were many more who voted as well. What a great country we live in.

Mike.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,742 Posts
Okay, after reading what Mike wrote, I'm gonna go vote again. J/K.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:20 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
Hey Mike, it looks like the nose picker won again, now what?

Four more years of the same, had a feeling it would go that way. The alternative was not a choice either IMHO.

Well it was sunny but frosty outside so I decided to try yjr V929 quad outside. First it shot all over the place, found the Tx was set at 50% instead of at 20%. I changed the setting to 20%, that worked better. But then the breeze picked up in gusts UGH! This thing is very sensitive and wants to climb to the moon before you realise what is going on. This will take some practice. Also orientation was confusing and takes a bit getting used to, The canopy style does not help with that.

My backyard flying space is not very big, maybe about 16 feet by 16 feet of unobsturted space, enough if there is no breeze but that is the problem, there is always a breeze out there, not just a slow steady breeze, a gusty one.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Hey Mike, it looks like the nose picker won again, now what?
I am looking at some properties in Woodstock, Ontario. Also, I filed for Canadian citizenship. Of course you know I'm joking. He already ran the country into the ground. Our dollar ain't worth squat. How much worst can it get? He kinda reminds me of Raz in his LHS and can't stop himself from spending. Spend, spend, spend! BTW, how many zeros in a trillion. Seems our CIC don't know either. Lord help us.

Good luck with the quad Durk. You should start looking around for a hall to fly in. Put your thinking cap on

Mike.

EDIT: I forgot to add. If it were law that you had to show "proper" ID to obtain a ballot, I guarantee, it would be a whole new ballgame. Perfect example: My Buddy Bob couldn't make it to the polls (one leg and no car). I know his name and address. I find out where he votes, I go there and, all they ask is "name and address"..that's it! I get to vote twice. Nice huh? This has always been one of my pet peeves
Last edited by Chap1012; Nov 07, 2012 at 02:34 PM.