HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2012, 09:37 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,818 Posts
Enjoy
mickey mouse first cartoon whistle (0 min 13 sec)

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
Fly fast, turn left
Joined May 2012
47 Posts
Got to take it outside for a minute or two, on half dead batteries, but,

It seems more responsive now, that is when I push the stick forward, it moves forward fairly well. Maybe not as stable, but unresponsive is going too far in the stable direction.

Particulars, cut the weights of, took off one inch from each side and used 1/16 inch wheel collars drilled to barely slip over the ends. Ground flats, leaving a little on the end so the setscrews won't let it slip off even if not tight enough. With it running, holding the copter up and changing it's attitude, the flybar responds, I won't say slower, but probably a little less able to try to stop changes in the attitude. Get a less windy day, full battery, I'll be able to say more about how it worked.

Rich.
Greybeard01 is offline Find More Posts by Greybeard01
Old May 30, 2012, 11:15 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,132 Posts
Rich, sounds like it worked great. Good job. Very proud of you indeed. Can you post a picture of your work? Would love to see your copter.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old May 30, 2012, 11:42 PM
Fly fast, turn left
Joined May 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Rich, sounds like it worked great. Good job. Very proud of you indeed. Can you post a picture of your work? Would love to see your copter.
Lee
Um, a couple of problems, I have probably six or seven digital cameras, and not a one that works. Then, after I get a chance to try it for real, it might be that nobody will see that copter again.

There's a chance I might have to increase the weight, the collars are pretty small, I won't know until I can really give it a tryout, It's looking like tomorrow might be a decent day, if so, I'll be going out to Bong where I've got plenty of room to crash. (Optimist, aren't I?)

Rich.
Greybeard01 is offline Find More Posts by Greybeard01
Old May 31, 2012, 12:56 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
Quote:
I want Rich to feel welcome. I don't care if he is tryin to fly a can of beans. Long as he eats said can of beans first. Right Mikey? hehe
Lee
But... if he eats those beans first, won't that give some gas? I doubt you want to be around when that happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Edit: a short video-clip, more to follow soon, and then in HD:
As promised, a longer clip of sailing the Micro Magic last weekend, in HD:

Sailing with the Micro Magic last weekend in may 2012 (longer clip, HD) (2 min 24 sec)
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old May 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,125 Posts
Nice vid, had a good breeze I see.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old May 31, 2012, 11:56 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,818 Posts
Hey guys, you all remember "Cable_Guy" right? I think he's on a permanent vacation

Mike.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:37 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,132 Posts
Wonder what happened to him?
Lee
Old May 31, 2012, 12:56 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,818 Posts
Quote:
Wonder what happened to him?
Lee
Scroll all the way to bottom.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/recentwarnings.php

This is found at the bottom page of "Rules"

Mike.
Old May 31, 2012, 01:10 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,125 Posts
His last post is on May 14, he says he is fed up with RC groups.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...54&postcount=7
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old May 31, 2012, 01:15 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,132 Posts
Ohh well. Lee
Old May 31, 2012, 01:21 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
His last post is on May 14, he says he is fed up with RC groups.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...54&postcount=7
WOW, he doesn't narcissism too much now does he
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:35 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Nice vid, had a good breeze I see.
It was an almost perfect breeze for a ship this size (btw, Durk, this ship is also very easy to handle out of the water, being small and light, something for you?). Hardly any shifting of the wind direction, mostly strong enough to have the ship make good headway, but not getting overpowered by it. And sometimes the wind wind increase a little more, enough to make the ship get "on the plane" if it was going downwind on that moment.

This picture I posted earlier shows the boat just about to get "on the plane":

Sadly I didn't get to make a decent picture or vid of the boat really getting it's bow fully out of the water. It's very hard to use the camera at that time, and also keep the boat with the sails in the "butterfly position" during such a gust. As the mainsail is bigger than the front sail, during such a gust the boat wants to turn to the side where the front sail is, which would then cause the opposing sail to turn to the side of the main sail, and you lose propulsion that way. So you have to constantly compensate for that, and also keep the camera pointed at the boat, and then press the shutter at the right moment. I did get to take a picture, but you don't see the bow and how it then rides over the water, instead of piercing through it, so it's a useless pic. But I will get it right someday.

Meanwhile, I can also enjoy pics where the boat is not pretending to be a speedboat, but is just sailing fast, like these:

Anyway, I had a great weekend due to this boat and the excellent weather, with a good "cool breeze" so I felt right at home.

The only thing that forced me to go home, were the batteries running a little low, so the servo controlling the sails was getting a hard time reeling these in when the wind was at it's strongest.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:39 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,818 Posts
Well Sonny and I ordered our new Champ. It's on the way. We got a set of those cool looking wheels:
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4406

So it will look like this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2393

The Champ is suppose to handle very well with these wheels. Plus we got a bunch of spare parts. Can't wait for the fun to begin

Well Guys, after a very long wait, we will be seeing the doctor today at 1:30 and discuss my daughter's test results from last month's EEG. That contraption she had to wear on her head for 72 hours. My daughter could hardly eat her breakfast this morning because she's all in a dither of what the doc will say. To be honest, Patti and I are on edge as well. This will be the longest two hour wait of our lives.

Mike.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:04 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Lafayette, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
743 Posts
You will love the Champ Mike. It's a great little plane.

I pray that there is good news for your Daughter from the Dr.

Mark
Steppenwolf is offline Find More Posts by Steppenwolf