HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Right, and with the summer coming up, a little cool breeze from a fan is always appreciated, right?

Did you get your tug in the water already?
So, from now on, we can call you "Cool Breeze."

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:23 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,360 Posts
Mike:

I was going to ask if anything happened yet, glad to hear you had some events as this should help them get to the cause of the siezures.

Yes my balance has been sort of hit and miss lately, hit the walls or miss them LOL. Haven't been too bad but there have been a couple of close ones where I caught myself just in time. At least I have not fallen down in the street since the time I told you.

For those of you who wonder about my last statement, a couple of years back I was putting the garbage by the curb when I lost my balance and ended up flat on my stomack almost in the middle of the street. I was lucky there was no traffic at the time.

Solo, or should I say Windy, The boat batteries and the TX are on the charger, I noticed I still have to solder the Rx wire in place. I have a long spring wire antenna that I plug in because the cabin is mostly aluminum and blocks the signal.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:58 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
So, from now on, we can call you "Cool Breeze."

Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Mike:

I was going to ask if anything happened yet, glad to hear you had some events as this should help them get to the cause of the siezures.

Yes my balance has been sort of hit and miss lately, hit the walls or miss them LOL. Haven't been too bad but there have been a couple of close ones where I caught myself just in time. At least I have not fallen down in the street since the time I told you.

For those of you who wonder about my last statement, a couple of years back I was putting the garbage by the curb when I lost my balance and ended up flat on my stomack almost in the middle of the street. I was lucky there was no traffic at the time.

Solo, or should I say Windy, The boat batteries and the TX are on the charger, I noticed I still have to solder the Rx wire in place. I have a long spring wire antenna that I plug in because the cabin is mostly aluminum and blocks the signal.

"Cool Breeze" I like, "Windy" is going in the wrong direction...

If you were a little closer to me, Durk, I would happily help you launch your tug, You are also welcome to come over here, plently of water here.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,410 Posts
My first "ever" vid of me flying. This is me flying my 120SR in the VFW hall.

120SR at VFW 1.AVI (5 min 14 sec)

Mike.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:26 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,360 Posts
Hey bud, some nice flying, had to laugh when you ducked.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:16 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,033 Posts
Loved it brother!!!!! Nice copter flyin mate!!!
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,410 Posts
Thanks for your kind words Guys. I do have a couple more. Now that I'm looking at these vids, now I know why I'm so sore today. All the ducking and some "body" language to add to the maneuvers

Mike.
Last edited by Chap1012; Apr 26, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:57 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,360 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for your kind words Guys. I do have a couple more. Now that I'm looking at these vids, now I know why I'm so sore today. All the ducking and some "body" language to add to the maneuvers

Mike.

Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,033 Posts
Mike, I bet E2 is jealous!!! You didn't even crash it or bounce it off anything. Very nice. hahahahaha
Lee
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:55 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,169 Posts
Some more boat pics, courtesy of "Cool Breeze":

And a vid:

SAR RC Boat Hertha Jeep, first time with better transmitter (1 min 52 sec)

First time with the Turnigy 9x as TX, instead of the Align 100s TX. 9x works so much better, adjustable travel, better sticks, timer, option to program a preset throttle setting to a switch for gentle cruising. It's a little bulkier than the 100s TX though, that's the only drawback.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Apr 27, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,410 Posts
Hey Solo,,,...No "Fisher Guy" off the stern fishing yet? Exciting stuff ya know

Here I am trying to do some "tail in" maneuvers...ha, ha,,..Sonny My Buddy "Let's experiment"

120SR at VFW 3.AVI (3 min 21 sec)

Mike.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:55 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,169 Posts
Quote:
Hey Solo,,,...No "Fisher Guy" off the stern fishing yet? Exciting stuff ya know

Mike.
Seems like the fisher guy couldn't wait and went out with a small rowing boat. This footage was shot during an attempt to locate him. So far the SAR fleet hasn't been able to find any trace though...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:17 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
134 Posts
Both rotors spinning same way - help!

Hi all,

I am very new to rc heli flying and have recently purchased a twister aggressor 2.4. There was an unfortunate crash which resulted in cosmetic damage and I did the following:

- transferred the motor etc into a new canopy
- only the top rotor spun because the wire that connected to the motor had snapped.
- I had a spare motor that had same serial number which I replaced with faulty one but both rotors now spin the same way (clockwise) causing heli to just spin instead of taking off.

Can anyone suggest anything please ?
AscotRC is offline Find More Posts by AscotRC
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:30 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,033 Posts
I am not familiar with that model. But, you have one plug for each motor? Right? Reverse the polarity for the motor in question. Should get you in the air again.
Welcome to RCGroups!!!
Happy Flyin
Lee
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:31 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscotRC View Post
Hi all,

I am very new to rc heli flying and have recently purchased a twister aggressor 2.4. There was an unfortunate crash which resulted in cosmetic damage and I did the following:

- transferred the motor etc into a new canopy
- only the top rotor spun because the wire that connected to the motor had snapped.
- I had a spare motor that had same serial number which I replaced with faulty one but both rotors now spin the same way (clockwise) causing heli to just spin instead of taking off.

Can anyone suggest anything please ?
h

The motor is plugged in wrong. turn the plug around and it should spin the correct way.