SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:49 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I only had about 3 or 4 days before we shoved off. Had a lot of fun. Funny you mention Berkeley. In the early 70's there used to be a lot of "sidewalk" vendors selling all kinds of stuff,,,..arts, etc...right off the campus and downtown. Here is a blast from the past. Hand made leather belt with hand stamped embroidery around the entire belt. Note the solid brass flower belt buckle..."Flower Power" baby The belt will be 40 years old in May Now that's when quality was quality I think I paid $15.00 for it
Believe it or not, it was a beautiful belt. It had different colors in the stamped embroidery..

Mike.
Nice belt!!!
Yeah I just finished rubbing the ribs...all set for morrow
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:45 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,876 Posts
I feel a little broken, after spending a few hours behind the computer yesterday, on a WW2 combat sim, IL2 Forgotten Battles. I just wanted to check if I could still operate it, and instantly got hooked again. Those programmers really did a fine job back then, as the opponents are no walk overs. If you battle against 2, one will play "sitting duck" while it's wingman will sneak up on your "six" for instance, but to name a few tactics. So i got blown out of the sky quite a few times, and had to retry to do better the next flight. And even when I survived the dogfights in one piece, landing the "Spit" after that proved to be an equally hard challenge...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:04 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Mike,
Gosh darnit I got distracted.
I smoked one and a half racks of ribs today and I did not take any pics.
I will tell you there were 6 of us.
My son, wife, nephew, friend and her son and myself.
Made one rack with rub and one rack with just salt and pepper and at the bbq sauce for the kids.
Everyone loved them...even the six year old!
It was a good meal.
We had too many ppl in the house and I did not think to grab the camerra...d'oh!!!
I still have half a rack left cuz I couldn't fit 'em all on the q.
When are you and Durk comin' over for the last half rack?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:45 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,906 Posts
Darn it Jim, I was invited next door for a great turkey supper with all the trimmings and lemon pie. I am too full for ribs but thanks for the offer!
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:56 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Hey no worries.
Turns out we are still full from the ribs tonight so the half rack will wait until tomorow...along with fresh checken wings.
So you still have a few hours to git down here!
Maybe if I'm with it I'll remember to snap a few pics.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:09 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hey no worries.
Turns out we are still full from the ribs tonight so the half rack will wait until tomorow...along with fresh checken wings.
So you still have a few hours to git down here!
Maybe if I'm with it I'll remember to snap a few pics.
I don't think so Jim. Now, slowly step away from the grill. Now drop the tongs...nice and slow like, and no funny stuff. Now, kick the tongs over to me.......And I'll finish cooking

My mouth is watering....AAARRRGGG...YOOOOUUU !!!
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
@Solothe only and last video game I ever played was "Pong." I did try a sub hunt game of some kind. Seemed like you had to push a million buttons just to get one command. Ever try turning a sub around when you can't see where the hell your going
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:29 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Mike,
First bbq, then r/c.
That's how it is.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,614 Posts
Is the "rub" you own secret recipe, Jim?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:59 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Lol, yes and no. I take an old recipe and change it up to suit the needs
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Mike,
Here are the first game you ever played
Old Apr 01, 2012, 02:18 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,876 Posts
Quote:
@Solothe only and last video game I ever played was "Pong." I did try a sub hunt game of some kind. Seemed like you had to push a million buttons just to get one command. Ever try turning a sub around when you can't see where the hell your going
Luckily planes are a little easier. And you can cheat a little as you can invoke a little "map view" which shows where the planes are. That's to compensate for not having the ease of turning your head to look around to scan your surroundings, and not having the rear view mirror, as I had to disable it to keep the sim running smoothly.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
Hey Jim, Yupper...I remember those mechanical game machines very fondly, especially the "Upper Deck" baseball machine. Holly cow, haven't see one of those in many, many years.

@SoloYes, I have flown heli/plane sims. The last one was the one that came with my V4. It won't work on windows 7 though. I'm still looking for a sim that can be connected to my DX6i. I don't like the pricey sims they have for the DX6i (Phoenix) which is suppose to work the best. Besides, I'm a "hands on" type of guy

Not an April Fools joke...lol. Today is our wedding anniversary. 34 years. I haven't bought Patti anything nice since our 30th, although we did go on a cruise. Today we will be dinning in a nice seafood restaurant over looking the Atlantic. And because she has been so nice to me, letting me get heli stuff and all, I'll be giving her a nice white gold ring with a beautiful Amethyst setting (football shaped). I know, I know,,,... the 34th should have been Opal and the 33rd is Amethyst. To be honest, I'm not too crazy about Opal. So, I will say to Patti, Happy Anniversary darling AND April Fools,,,...got you the wrong stone

Mike.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:03 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
Mike, I wish you and Patti a great wonderfull Anniversary(sp)!!!!!! 34? WOW!!! Good Job mate!!! Atta boy, and way to go!!!

Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jim, Yupper...I remember those mechanical game machines very fondly, especially the "Upper Deck" baseball machine. Holly cow, haven't see one of those in many, many years.

@SoloYes, I have flown heli/plane sims. The last one was the one that came with my V4. It won't work on windows 7 though. I'm still looking for a sim that can be connected to my DX6i. I don't like the pricey sims they have for the DX6i (Phoenix) which is suppose to work the best. Besides, I'm a "hands on" type of guy

Not an April Fools joke...lol. Today is our wedding anniversary. 34 years. I haven't bought Patti anything nice since our 30th, although we did go on a cruise. Today we will be dinning in a nice seafood restaurant over looking the Atlantic. And because she has been so nice to me, letting me get heli stuff and all, I'll be giving her a nice white gold ring with a beautiful Amethyst setting (football shaped). I know, I know,,,... the 34th should have been Opal and the 33rd is Amethyst. To be honest, I'm not too crazy about Opal. So, I will say to Patti, Happy Anniversary darling AND April Fools,,,...got you the wrong stone

Mike.

Wow, congrats Mike.
Many more.
You're a high roller now