HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:57 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,786 Posts
I just don't get it. What fun are boats? hahahaha. I mean, forward/back and left and right. Is that it? No up and down? Dang. ahahahahahahahhaa
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:11 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I just don't get it. What fun are boats? hahahaha. I mean, forward/back and left and right. Is that it? No up and down? Dang. ahahahahahahahhaa
Go play your Banjo!

What fun is a banjo, it does not fly or float for that matter!

frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:34 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,786 Posts
But it makes pigs squeal. ahahahahahah
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:08 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Lee, you could say the same about RC cars. LOL. At least a boat make waves!

Go back to your plane flying, or go shoot something! AHAHAHAHA.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:31 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
For those that remember my SAR RC boat ploughing through some waves, I made a similar trip with my "Norden" Coast Guard patrol boat:
Nice vid, and the scenery in the backgound is nice too. The grass is getting green, spring is on the way.

Over here we have been getting snow flurries all day but the snow is melting. However now it is getting colder this evening and the ground is white again.
Thanks, making these vids is not easy, as I'm controlling the boat while filming, and not using a head mounted cam or so, I have to operate it with my hands.

Quote:
Subs do have up and down.

I think a boat has a more relaxing nature than flying. Even on self stabilizing helis, you need to monitor throttle, on a boat you can just let it float if you need to warm your hands, grab the camera, get a phone call, whatever. Plus, I like the dynamics of the water getting pushed away by the hull, breaking through waves. Also, it's a nice diversion from flying, or RC driving, what I do as well. And remember, us Dutchies have boats in our veins, so to speak.

Quote:
But it makes pigs squeal. ahahahahahah
You are supposed to play on it, not hit those pigs on the head with it. Although, for some that might be better, putting the poor animal out of it's misery of hearing the "music"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post

Right, the dynamics of the water can be appealing, and cars make dust and can even fly some small distance. Btw, even boats can, it's not unusual for an RC speedboat to make a back flip.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:15 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
I'd like to see a fisherman in a fighting chair trolling for tuna/marlin. How cool would that be???

Early meeting at the VFW today boys and girls. A bunch of us are heading out to a luncheon being held for the "Big Guy" (Richard DeNoyer) shortly after the meeting. I'll try to post some pics later. Have a great day all...

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:42 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post

Better yet have Miss Tina fly one of your planks while you use it for target practice with your shot gun or even your baseball bat!

You have too much time on your hands!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,786 Posts
I'm just jealous of you guy's boats. I don't have one. hahahahahaha. If I had any talent at all, I would build an old pirate ship. Now that would be some fun. hahaha

Mike have a great lunch buddy.
Lee
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:27 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,433 Posts
Quote:
I'm just jealous of you guy's boats. I don't have one. hahahahahaha. If I had any talent at all, I would build an old pirate ship. Now that would be some fun. hahaha

Mike have a great lunch buddy.
Lee
You could build one. Considering your work on your planes, you are capable enough.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:51 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
You could build one. Considering your work on your planes, you are capable enough.
It might help if you send him a wooden shoe for a hull. When I was still living on the island back there as a little boy I had a wooden shoe sailboat that my mom and dad made for me.

There was even a sail wagon made of aluminum tubing with a big sail on it and 3 wheels that used to race along the beach in the spring and fall. It also had bicycle pedals and two seats.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:04 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,786 Posts
I considered building a viking longboat once. But, I don't really have anywhere to sail it. So, I didn't. Hahhaa, love them. Never know.
Lee
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:41 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
It might help if you send him a wooden shoe for a hull. When I was still living on the island back there as a little boy I had a wooden shoe sailboat that my mom and dad made for me.

There was even a sail wagon made of aluminum tubing with a big sail on it and 3 wheels that used to race along the beach in the spring and fall. It also had bicycle pedals and two seats.
I remember my father making me a boat from some plates of wood, when I was 10 or so. It had a cargo hold, and sails. A metal bar under the hull acted as keel. However, on it's maiden trip (it was not RC controlled) it quickly had water entering the hull, as it splashed over the deck when the wind made the boat tilt a little. It didn't sink as there were pieces of foam glued inside, for extra buoyancy, so it didn't go fully under. With the string that was attached to the hull, my father reeled it back in. After that the keel was removed, and it found a new purpose as a cargo ship, to play with.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Hey! Just a quick hello from Colorado. Finishing up the house and hoping to get a work space created in the garage so I can get my helis back in the air.

Hope everyone is have a good end of winter!

Ethan
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:16 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,625 Posts
Hey Ethan:

Nice to see you again. Hope the home project is going as expected. We never really had a winter here. Today there was rain, hail and thunder. It came from the east, wonder if Mike blowing off steam caused it?

Durk
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:45 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Winter here was pretty mild as well. Beautiful and sunny today but expecting 3-4 days of wet yuck next week.
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax