HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:56 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
But it may not have been that cold

roflmao - John
I will come amd Friesian your butt, however I will tan it first!



You must be feeling good John.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,788 Posts
Easy Durk. Easy...Whoa big fella.
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:25 PM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I will come amd Friesian your butt, however I will tan it first!



You must be feeling good John.


I don't need you to Friesian my butt, our weather does that extremely well


It has been a better weekend - as you will read about when I click "send"
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:59 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,627 Posts
Solo:

The boat may be German but since you, a Hollander, have "captured" the boat and you are strictly navigating in Dutch waters you will be allowed to fly the Dutch flag.

Durk
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Solo:

The boat may be German but since you, a Hollander, have "captured" the boat and you are strictly navigating in Dutch waters you will be allowed to fly the Dutch flag.

Durk
I start feeling like Michiel de Ruyter now.


If I put on a Dutch flag, I probably have to rename it from "Norden" to "Flying Dutchman" but I might run into trouble with Davy Jones then...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I start feeling like Michiel de Ruyter now.


If I put on a Dutch flag, I probably have to rename it from "Norden" to "Flying Dutchman" but I might run into trouble with Davy Jones then...
I never heard of a Dutchman running away from trouble, will you be the first?
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,502 Posts
I thought that Dutchman run into trouble?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I thought that Dutchman run into trouble?
Now you know why I am Friesian, being Dutch is too much trouble!

frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,502 Posts
lmao
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:04 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I never heard of a Dutchman running away from trouble, will you be the first?
I know he has enough room in his locker for another RC-boat. In the end Davy Jones always collects...

The Bottom Line (3 min 47 sec)


Perhaps that is the reason why you keep hesitating to put your tug out to the water?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,788 Posts
Man that looked like fun.
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,627 Posts
LOL not at all, my tug would stand up under cannon fire as the hull is quite thick. Wood reinforced with fibreglass. Those warships in that clip are mostly veneer and not very thick. I have seen that a few times and have studied plans of them too years ago. Notice that some of the operators wore face shields.

My tug has had many summers of being in the water, it is just that I. have not had it out since I changed the guts and controls. Hopefully this summer will be a good one for me.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:54 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
LOL not at all, my tug would stand up under cannon fire as the hull is quite thick. Wood reinforced with fibreglass. Those warships in that clip are mostly veneer and not very thick. I have seen that a few times and have studied plans of them too years ago. Notice that some of the operators wore face shields.

My tug has had many summers of being in the water, it is just that I. have not had it out since I changed the guts and controls. Hopefully this summer will be a good one for me.
If you sail your tug and put it on video, I might even put a Friesian flag on one of my boats.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:18 AM
Registered User
Stumblebee's Avatar
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Oh yeah, this looks like lots of fun. Swimming around in a muddy lake with goggles to retrieve sunken vessels that you have spent hours building just so you can repair them, send them out and have them sunk again. I thought we heli pilots were nuts. At least we stay dry and don't shoot at each other. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I know he has enough room in his locker for another RC-boat. In the end Davy Jones always collects...

Perhaps that is the reason why you keep hesitating to put your tug out to the water?
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
...
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Mar 04, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion why is the "Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? 62pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 24 Sep 19, 2012 12:28 AM
Discussion general 4ch Coax(and beyond) thread ... group to help ... REPRISE! erdnuckel2 Coaxial Helicopters 1711 Mar 18, 2011 05:37 PM
Mini-Review Multiplex Park Master 3d or talk about anything MPX PM3D shockflyyer3d Foamies (Kits) 4 Jun 26, 2009 07:51 PM
Discussion Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? lakedude Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 May 14, 2008 08:09 PM
Discussion Thread about anything 400-450 Dragonus doogie Mini Helis 4 Feb 04, 2007 02:46 AM