SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2011, 11:50 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,038 Posts
I use smoked porkchops or Italian sausage or smoked ham or even pork hocks.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2011, 04:39 PM
Crashing goes better
Westerlee, Groningen, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Ohhhh, you can't get unox overthere?????
Westerlee is offline Find More Posts by Westerlee
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:32 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,038 Posts
No we cannot get Unnox, this is a different continent remember?

Beautifull sunny and warm day today but windy. Got the lawn raked and over seeded with grass seed. Rain supposed to come tomorrow.

Anyone get any flying time in? That means outside.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 01:19 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
No we cannot get Unnox, this is a different continent remember?

Beautifull sunny and warm day today but windy. Got the lawn raked and over seeded with grass seed. Rain supposed to come tomorrow.

Anyone get any flying time in? That means outside.
Nope, sunny outside, but way too windy, so strictly indoor for now. Got a new Phoenix 6010 3 channel, probably the fastest 3 channel without modding. Quite tricky to fly this, at full forward speed you have to watch it in turns, or it will drop down. So even though I'm pretty limited to indoor at the moment, I keep enjoying myself.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 09, 2011, 02:44 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Lafayette, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
743 Posts
I was able to get my UM T-28 out yesterday for a spell. I got to run 4 Hyperions through her...but also found out that one of my batteries has gone south.. But all in all it was fun...Now today...WIND......

Fly well boys

Mark
Steppenwolf is offline Find More Posts by Steppenwolf
Old Apr 09, 2011, 04:51 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
I just got in from work. A long week. I Love it!!! haha, yes windy here too. But, guess what? I don't care! I am charging batts as I type this. I can fly just fine in wind. Flew one sunday in 30 mph+ winds. hahahaha. Lots of scary think you are gonna loose it forever moments. But, I didn't. And I impressed about six or seven people doing it. I don't get to fly much around others. Sure felt great. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:01 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I just got in from work. A long week. I Love it!!! haha, yes windy here too. But, guess what? I don't care! I am charging batts as I type this. I can fly just fine in wind. Flew one sunday in 30 mph+ winds. hahahaha. Lots of scary think you are gonna loose it forever moments. But, I didn't. And I impressed about six or seven people doing it. I don't get to fly much around others. Sure felt great. Lee
LOL Lee, Show Off Time eh? Bet you had FUN! How is Miss Tina? She has been real quiet!
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:05 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,038 Posts
Hey Mark:

How's things with you, feeling well lately? If it is windy then how come you did not fly your kite?

SoloPro:

If I was still on the island I would be flying kites now, was a great place for that.

Durk
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:39 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Lafayette, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
743 Posts
Hi Durk,

Been feeling real tired here of late. I think it's because of the weather. I haven't been able to go out and enjoy my flying hobby.

When it comes to kite flying I make Charlie Brown look like professional . Plus I have a bit of coin tied up in these UM things so I dang well want to fly them. Someone said it and I will agree that I never really paid that much attention to the wind until I got into this hobby. Now I check the weather every hour and stare out the window considerable now.

I hope everyone has a great evening.

Mark
Steppenwolf is offline Find More Posts by Steppenwolf
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:51 PM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Did nothing with the hobby today.
The only thing i had, was getting a new speedcontroler, the other ( also new ) lasted about 20 seconds......

Oh and i had my job-interview today.
It was not a real interview, atleast not in the way like a normal interview.
It was more like paying a visit, and when i want to start.
The job is mine if i want to, i got a week to diside if i want it or not.
Now it is simple math and figures, wat does it pay and wat does it costs.
No traveling expenses, so it cost me about 250 euro's on gas alone.
just for the picture, 1 liter costs about 1.73 euro.

So there is not much left.
But as i said, stil thinking about it.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:40 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,038 Posts
Westerlee:

So exactly what is it that you have to do? Is it some sort of contract job where you have to pay your own fuel etc? Does not sound very promising.

Well the weather is cloudy, a few drops of rain now and then and some thundering out there. I was on RC Groups asking some questions about the Bravo SX MIA conversion as I bought a used Solo Pro from one of the members.

Then there was a new member who needed some help locating spare parts for a Falcon VI heli. I wish that these buyers would just ask about spare parts availibility before they put the money out for these things. But then on the other hand I did the same thing when I bought my first one. I gues we never think of crashing when we see them being flown by a pro the first time, after all they look SO EASY!

Our buddy chap Mike will be back from Florida sometime this week. Hope he is enjoying himself. He has no access to a PC at present.

Durk
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:56 AM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
no, the gas is just for getting to the job.
I only go for the truck ore busses, once a driver alway's a driver.
Cant stand to be locked up..............................
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:14 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerlee View Post
no, the gas is just for getting to the job.
I only go for the truck ore busses, once a driver alway's a driver.
Cant stand to be locked up..............................
OK I see now what you mean. Yes driving back and forth can be costly, even in that tiny country. Here people sometimes drive long distances to get to jobs in big cities. For instance there are people living in Woodstock who work in Toronto. That is a minimum of a 90 minute drive on the freeway at speeds of 110 kmh or more if there are no traffic jams. Then it can take another 20 to 30 minutes to get from the freeway to the actual job. Crazy! I only had a 5 minute drive across town to my job.

Severe weather watch out over here, severe thunderstorms, high winds, hail etc.

Maybe it will pass us by.

Durk
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:46 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Hey Mark:

How's things with you, feeling well lately? If it is windy then how come you did not fly your kite?

SoloPro:

If I was still on the island I would be flying kites now, was a great place for that.

Durk
Kites are cool too. I remember flying them with my dad, when we still lived in the countryside. We had one that was made of fabric, that was for really strong winds, the others were made of preprinted foil, and much more fragile.

Btw, I'm talking about regular classic squarish kites, not the delta shaped ones we have now, that can do all kinds of tricks.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:15 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Kites are cool too. I remember flying them with my dad, when we still lived in the countryside. We had one that was made of fabric, that was for really strong winds, the others were made of preprinted foil, and much more fragile.

Btw, I'm talking about regular classic squarish kites, not the delta shaped ones we have now, that can do all kinds of tricks.
The ones I flew back then were the standard kites with a tail. They were home made using split bamboo for the frame and a special kite paper.

I was always fascinated by the Box kites but never got a chance to fly one. A fellow employee from were I used to work flies the delta style kites, he got pulled up in the air by one once. Gave him quite the scare!