HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:04 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruairi View Post
Trying to find how to replace the mast with the xtreme extended upgrade, any help available appreciated.
Also, the top rotor doesn't turn, not an issue with the motor - it turns if I pull the mast out a half inch...
thankszse4cindy
Welcome ruairi. You must have missed something. Take a look here to see how it all goes together. This is for several models so, don't be too concerned:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=69665

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:20 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,810 Posts
Sabata - Banjo (2 min 45 sec)
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:14 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
A friend here on RCG is sending me the two screws I need to fix it. Thanks buddy. I was gonna have to drill out my outershaft to get it right. Now I will wait to get it. I tell ya, I can get pretty sick of working on these copters. But, I get a great joy when they are working properlly. I have four that sit on the shelf just wishin to be in the air. But, they are not what I enjoy to fly. I would rather relax and enjoy a flight ever now and then, than to always be in pucker mode. haha. Pucker mode is ok every now and then. Just not always what I am looking four. Lee
I use parts from helis that don't fly well or are too broke to fix on the ones I want to fly.
And the Syma types are so inexpensive it's cheaper to buy one for the spares then order the parts separately.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:55 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,810 Posts
Yea, alot of those small syma type copters are interchangable parts. But, I was fixing a Big Outdoor Lama. I needed special screws. Pointed grub screws. Lee
Old Dec 01, 2011, 04:35 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,480 Posts
For those who weren't able to see my earlier posted video, I've now uploaded a part of the file in HD on Vimeo, for instant viewing:

Paul Denker SAR RC boat cutting through the waves, part 4 (1 min 1 sec)
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2011, 09:39 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,810 Posts
Boy, am I happy. hehehehehehe. I just bench tested and flew two copters. Woot
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:48 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,810 Posts
I wanted y'all to see this...

Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:37 AM
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Propel Gyropter won't lift off.

I just bought a Propel RC 3-Channel Remote Control Gyropter. i opened it, put some batteries in, charged it. at full throttle it just spins on the ground with no lift off. so i change batteries, charge it again same result. I took it back to the dept. store and exchanged it for another new one with the exact same result. ive changed batteries (rechargable and new ones), inspected the blades (the coaxial blades are rotating in the same direction) it just seems to lack the power suffecient for take off. Am i missing something? ive tried rechargable batteries, brand new batteries, let it charge until the light went off. seems like too much of a coincidence that i get 2 equally defective products. appreciate any help or comments suggestions.
kcirtap is offline Find More Posts by kcirtap
Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:45 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,359 Posts
Kcirtap, Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Perhaps you could ask your question here, where owners of the same helicopter discuss? They might be able to help you more.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 04, 2011, 02:13 AM
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Thank you Heli pad. will do.
kcirtap is offline Find More Posts by kcirtap
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:35 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcirtap View Post
I just bought a Propel RC 3-Channel Remote Control Gyropter. i opened it, put some batteries in, charged it. at full throttle it just spins on the ground with no lift off. so i change batteries, charge it again same result. I took it back to the dept. store and exchanged it for another new one with the exact same result. ive changed batteries (rechargable and new ones), inspected the blades (the coaxial blades are rotating in the same direction) it just seems to lack the power suffecient for take off. Am i missing something? ive tried rechargable batteries, brand new batteries, let it charge until the light went off. seems like too much of a coincidence that i get 2 equally defective products. appreciate any help or comments suggestions.
Coaxial helicopter blades must spin in opposite directions, you state that yours spin in the same direction, there is your problem.

Return the unit and try another one, make sure the box has not been opened previously.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:52 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,810 Posts
I mentioned this to KJ in the v4 thread, but thought it would be a good idea to say it here too. If someone wants to go brushless with there v4, it is not hard at all. Plug and play really. All you need are two motors, two ESC's, and two signal converters. I did it with a BOL and it was a breeze. So there.
I am getting ready to drive to the post office. I have three packages to send out today. Gonna make three people very happy in a few days. haha. I hope anyway. Lee
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:58 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,539 Posts
anyone wanna buy a esky belt cpx with upgrades?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:08 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,810 Posts
Happy Birthday Randy!!!
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:38 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010