Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Ok so...not boat talk but just curious.

What are you guys flying nowadays?
I no longer have the Lama 4 that got me into all this mess.
Some of you guys are into planes and bigger helis.
I actually "took a step back" and am flying my S107 and Mini Chinook.
Maybe I'm getting old but I like the Chinook's slow flying better than the modified S107 fast flying. I also still have my Belt CPX that I fly once in a great while when I feel like leaving my cave.

Jim
I enjoy a few r/c or i/r controlled "toys". I have cars, 4x4's a few planes and a multitude of helis from the 2ch PicoZ up to the Blade 120SR.
Is your Chinook a gyro or non gyro?

I have both and freely admit I have become lazy and don't fly the non gyro ones as often. The gyro Chinooks are a dream to fly and can do scale(ish) flying with them.

My new favourite is the Syma S111G Coastguard heli which is one of the best they have produced as it slides through the air so well

I bought one of those i/r dongles that plug into either an iphone or Android phone and I fly my Syma helis using this which brings new fun challenges trying to control them I also have an app that allows me to fly my UDI series helis. I just love new technology
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:05 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Mine is gyro.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:47 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,613 Posts
Quote:
Ok so...not boat talk but just curious.

What are you guys flying nowadays?
I no longer have the Lama 4 that got me into all this mess.
Some of you guys are into planes and bigger helis.
I actually "took a step back" and am flying my S107 and Mini Chinook.
Maybe I'm getting old but I like the Chinook's slow flying better than the modified S107 fast flying. I also still have my Belt CPX that I fly once in a great while when I feel like leaving my cave.

Jim
Hi Jim:

I have not been doing much of anything lately other than trying to catch up on things around the place. I myself have also been flying my S107 and the Mini Chinook. Yes it is relaxing to fly the Chinook. I hope to get back into my other helis after the holiday season if possible. However my basement needs to be cleaned out bad, it is long overdue UGH! Maybe a match will do it faster that I can LOL.

Durk
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:48 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,784 Posts
Durk, I can't even remember the last time you said you flew anything. hahahaa. You Champ is what? year and a half old? hahahhaha. You still havn't opened the dang box.
Mike should get a Champ and try it. I tried to hook him up with one. hahaha. Where is Mike anyways? Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:09 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,613 Posts
Ha Lee, you in a good mood? Perhaps you had an adult drink?

Seriously I am sometimes thinking that perhaps I made a mistake in buying the Champ and the two other planes. I have had a tough time with my balance and perhaps I may never fly them. Hopefully by next summer I can get out and try, I will have to keep it at low altitudes and maybe then I may not have as much problem, have to keep the sun behind me when I do it.

Even coming out of a store or building with the sun in my eyes I have to stop and recover my balance UGH! Seems to be worse since I got the second knee done, there is not the same flexibility and control there. Every now and then before I step into the shower and look into the mirror I see some more bruises from banging into things but I can't remember what I banged into.

Maybe if I lay down in the grass on my back and Lee hand launches it for me I can fly it, how about it Lee?

Need a forklift there too to get me back up, Mike how about you helping me there ?
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:28 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,389 Posts
Frieslander, the Champ will fly and land itself.

For those not able to see the video I posted, here's a snippet on Vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/32768198

And I do also fly now and then, but mostly indoor, as the weather is too windy for my FP helis.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 28, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:19 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,108 Posts
Hello all, getting ready to hit the VFW and do some flying with Sonny. Gonna try and dial in my V4 with the EFlight brick We'll have our 120SR's on hand as well. This will be a special post considering it's my 5,000th post so, here you all go. Check out this idiot. Maybe some of you have already see it posted elsewhere on RCG but, I left a message on this clowns youtube page as others here on RCG has done as well. This guy is a real moron. He needs a serious dope slap before he kills someone
Mike.

After this vid, there is also another in the same location...different heli..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CkpBhlHJ8
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Nov 28, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:48 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,389 Posts
Guys that take so much risks will get rc flying banned sooner or later...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:59 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,784 Posts
Wow, that was really dangerous. One servo glitch and a child could have been harmed really bad. Dang.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:23 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Yeah, I would have been standing very far away while he was flying above the sidewalk.
That's a lawsuit waiting to happen if something went wrong.

So Mike, how does it feel be 5,000 ?

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,108 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I would have been standing very far away while he was flying above the sidewalk.
That's a lawsuit waiting to happen if something went wrong.

So Mike, how does it feel be 5,000 ?

Jim
No different than "3,739"

I tried locating the other vid of this clown. Here is the links on RCG that shows this AH spooling up his 600 MD500 and pulling the same sh* eit. This guy is a real class act. Darwin where are you
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543439

The poor people don't even know the danger standing so close.

Had a great day flying. The V4 with the EFlight brick in it, is flying rock solid. Never had to do a thing. YEEHAA!!! I will cut the gain down just a tad. My 120SR just came out of the garage and was test flown for the first time today since Aug. Not happy with it. Got to go over it it again. I must be over looking something. Sonny managed to bend his Xtreme outer shaft on his V4 what seemed to be a hard belly flop. Anyone ever hear of that???? Inner or outer shaft never moved up or down...really weird

Mike.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:15 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,784 Posts
Sorry to hear about Sonny's outer shaft. They can be fickle huh? Or should I say, delicate? Can you straighten it? Lee
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:29 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Sorry to hear about Sonny's outer shaft. They can be fickle huh? Or should I say, delicate? Can you straighten it? Lee
Oh ya Bud, no problem there. I have done a few. I think I've got a pretty good system....crude, but, good

Mike.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:05 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Guys that take so much risks will get rc flying banned sooner or later...
Same thing with FPV. Jerks flying where they shouldn't will ruin it for all. And most don't have a clue.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:17 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,784 Posts
Heck, I worry about crashing. Let alone into someone or something. I have a 450 and a 500 that dosn't get to see any air time. They just sit there looking pretty. And I fly alone in the country. Ever hit yourself with a lama or 120sr? Maybe a BOL or blade cp? I just don't think that would compare to these giant weed eaters. I saw a video where some teenagers purposelly flew one into a girl. She was BAD injured. I couldn't stand to watch the video. But, I did. She had cuts on her face to her toes. And the two boys that did it got away. They were seen leaving the park with there copter and planes. We are lucky there isn't all ready a ban on these things we fly. Prolly will be soon. Lee