HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:38 PM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
Help!
Banana Hobby/BlitzRC Corsair F4U

Has anyone else purchased this plane? Any tips on getting the lipo it comes with to fit into the designated spot? Seems no matter how I put it in, the door will not close.
eeephreakeee is offline Find More Posts by eeephreakeee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2011, 04:18 PM
Starting over
United States, TN
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeephreakeee View Post
Has anyone else purchased this plane? Any tips on getting the lipo it comes with to fit into the designated spot? Seems no matter how I put it in, the door will not close.
You obviously where sold the wrong battery. I've read where a few in here dug out the foam to make it fit to close the door. Problem with that, if you use a slightly larger battery than the one called for in the specs it changes your center of gravity on the plane. I had a similar problem with a local hobby shop. They matched all the perimeters of the battery, but didn't realize the physical dimensions changed. They looked around a saw another battery that was correctly shaped. Now maybe you can get the CSR's attention here and get resolved. Good luck.

BTW I wouldn't cut anything yet. Only as a last resort. Is yours the 1000mm wingspan? They are nice planes.
crashhelmet is offline Find More Posts by crashhelmet
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:50 PM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
Yes, it is the 1000mm. According to the website it is the correct battery. I have a feeling I am not positioning something correctly. I noticed the weight is glued directly below the battery. However, it looks like it was made to go there.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:37 AM
Starting over
United States, TN
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Quote:
Yes, it is the 1000mm. According to the website it is the correct battery. I have a feeling I am not positioning something correctly. I noticed the weight is glued directly below the battery. However, it looks like it was made to go there.
If you do a bit of googling you will find that battery spec in different dimensions. I have the same plane. HobbyLobby argued over the phone that they sold me the right battery (different plane). I drove to the store and showed them. They said. Ohh that one goes in a car.

Some dealers will not list the full specs of odd shaped batteries on thier site in fear you will go elsewhere to buy them. Measure the battery Length, width and height in MM and post it. Measure the depth of the battery compartment in MM and post as well.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:39 AM
Starting over
United States, TN
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Quote:
That weight is for CG. Your battery size is wrong.

Check this video out by Pete and he shows the battery at a closeup. Scroll down to the bottom to see the video.
http://www.bananahobby.com/1861.html

He states it to a be a 1800mah 11.1v 3S battery.

My Cessna from BH has a 2400mah 11.1v 3s and it's much longer. So they do come in different lengths. I hope that helps.
Last edited by crashhelmet; Mar 27, 2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: adding video link
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:50 PM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
I went to a local hobby store and tried to find a battery to fit it. The only one I could get to fit was a thunder power 3s 11.1V 1350mah 20c/40c burst battery. None of the 1800 mah 11.1v 3s even came close to fitting. Seems to fly fine with it though.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:30 PM
Starting over
United States, TN
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Quote:
I went to a local hobby store and tried to find a battery to fit it. The only one I could get to fit was a thunder power 3s 11.1V 1350mah 20c/40c burst battery. None of the 1800 mah 11.1v 3s even came close to fitting. Seems to fly fine with it though.
http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...air-parts.html

Do you have the battery from Banana Hobby. Here's a link to thier parts page for the Corsair.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:40 PM
Starting over
United States, TN
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Quote:
You need to check the CG (center 0f gravity) with this plane upside down. Use the measurement provided. Before you do. Look inside the battery compartment. This is a steel balance weight thats glued to the inside of the airframe. The battery sit right on top of it. You could try taking it out then I'm sure the battery should fit. Check the CG balance. Make sure it slightly tips towards the front. Check the balance without the weight. You might not need it. If you need more front weight. You can use craft clay up front near the motor. There is a really good thread discussing this plane including modifacation and such here on RCgroups. go here.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915798
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:06 PM
florida
Joined Nov 2002
176 Posts
If it's upside down and tips toward the front wouldn't that be tail heavy? or am I missing something.
flightdeck is online now Find More Posts by flightdeck
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:48 AM
Starting over
United States, TN
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightdeck View Post
If it's upside down and tips toward the front wouldn't that be tail heavy? or am I missing something.
Think about what your saying. If it tips to the front, would not the front be heavier? You do want it to tip slightly to the front. Personally I had one of these Art-tech corsairs and it was crap. Trashcan.. Personally If I where you I'd remove the weight in the nose and there will be plenty of room for the battery as long as WxH will fit. You can always add a bit of weight to the front to balance it. You can use modeling clay inside the cowl.